Author Topic: Ohh those whacky Canadians  (Read 231 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Ohh those whacky Canadians
« on: December 02, 2011, 06:24:26 PM »
Darn Classic Playfield Reproductions

I ordered  a repro Space shuttle playfield, payment went through, but heard nothing from CPR for two weeks so I sent a reminder e-mail.
Opps sorry, missed your order

OK, shit happens

Time comes and they send the notice for the Comet PF, even though Comet is not high on my list of games, I thought I may as well get it. Send money, hear nothing last week, Wonder if they may also celebrate thanksgiving, so I give them another week, nothing. ^&(
Another reminder e-mail sent

Maybe winter has come early and they are frozen? *!@

Glad they produce nice stuff

[/Grizzle]

Offline chris288

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Ohh those whacky Canadians
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 07:38:20 PM »
Look I think everyone here ( nearly everyone) would agree that the quality of their repro stuff is second to none and I and others are grateful that CPR do exist to supply us with new goodies for our favourite games BUT!!!

Yes sometimes they do forget to send  stuff and sometimes the response to emails is a bit tardy, but I dont think they have a whole lot of staff to be able to keep on top of this and I'm assuming when they release a new playfield of backglass and they're shipping stuff out they probably have hundreds of orders that all have to  get done at the one time.

On 2 occasions they have left stuff out of my orders but it normally gets fixed up pretty quickly.

Overall I'm pretty happy with their service.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 11:45:06 PM »
Look I think everyone here ( nearly everyone) would agree that the quality of their repro stuff is second to none and I and others are grateful that CPR do exist to supply us with new goodies for our favourite games BUT!!!

Yes sometimes they do forget to send  stuff and sometimes the response to emails is a bit tardy, but I dont think they have a whole lot of staff to be able to keep on top of this and I'm assuming when they release a new playfield of backglass and they're shipping stuff out they probably have hundreds of orders that all have to  get done at the one time.

On 2 occasions they have left stuff out of my orders but it normally gets fixed up pretty quickly.

Overall I'm pretty happy with their service.

I concur - I'm am one of their biggest "fanbois" and will encourage people to buy from them for the very fact that someone is reproducing playfields etc that are 30+ years old. But in reality, they are hobbyists that are trying their very best to emulate the production of parts that were mass produced in the thousands. Sometimes, things don't go to plan - for whatever reason, but contacting them is the best way to resolve any issues.

Issues are nearly always resolved after communicating with them. Let us know how you go Pete - I'm sure the issues will be resolved to your satisfaction  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 01:35:56 AM »

I concur - I'm am one of their biggest "fanbois" and will encourage people to buy from them for the very fact that someone is reproducing playfields etc that are 30+ years old. But in reality, they are hobbyists that are trying their very best to emulate the production of parts that were mass produced in the thousands. Sometimes, things don't go to plan - for whatever reason, but contacting them is the best way to resolve any issues.

Issues are nearly always resolved after communicating with them. Let us know how you go Pete - I'm sure the issues will be resolved to your satisfaction  ^^^

I am sure every thing will be OK, it is just after they have 'forgotten'  @.@ my order twice in a row, I needed to have a grumble

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 11:58:20 AM »

I am sure every thing will be OK, it is just after they have 'forgotten'  @.@ my order twice in a row, I needed to have a grumble

I'd have a grumble as well. I guess it is a reminder to anyone that orders from them to keep in contact as they sometimes can misplace orders etc  ^^^

The main thing is that everything is sorted out.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia