Author Topic: Aussie delivered  (Read 375 times)

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Aussie delivered
« on: December 05, 2011, 10:19:25 PM »
I hope this isn't a stupid question but is there a way to tell if a machine is a an Australian delivered machine?

Im looking to buy my first pin hopefully in the next month or 2 and i would like to be able to 'tell' if it is or not.

It is not that important to me but i would like to know. I assume it will be on the serial number sticker? or inside the cab? if so what am i looking for and where?

Thanks in advance.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Aussie delivered
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 11:05:09 PM »
Bally Williams machines have a sticker on the back of the cabinet and sometimes inside near the fuse box saying what country there from.   Hope this helps

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 11:13:00 PM »
A good question with many many answers.

As Daniel said, it depends on the manufacturer. Most makes will have a sticker inside the machine on the power supply/transformer, or a sticker on the side of the inside cabinet, or on the rear of the backbox, but if none of these help, u have to study the Internet Pinball Data Base serial numbers log (list of logged serial numbers) and using that data, you can tell mostly by seeing what your serial numbers are compared to what people from other countries have logged their machines as etc.

It can be complicated, but it is achievable.   Dont use the coin mechs as a guide if u see a Australian set fitted cause they could have been added recently. If the machine has Italian or German or USA coin mechs, well then its not difficult to tell where it has probably come from.

When the time is right, u can post the information u find on the machine (serial numbers) and I will be happy to do some detective work for you.

I know which country every one of my machines has come from, and its interesting.  The most interesting is a Tales From the Crypt which was delivered brand new to China (China country origin stickers inside from manufacturer). Hope it helps.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 01:38:16 AM »
Thanks for the replys.

It will be either a Bally Williams or a Stern machine that i buy.

When ddstoys/Daniel said 'what country there from' i take it that will mean it will have Australia/AUS on it if it was an Aussie delivered machine?

I may take you up on the offer Caveoftreasures, thanks

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 11:43:37 AM »
thats correct. U will see Australia typed somewhere on a sticker or a paper card that is stapled inside the bottom sidewall of the cabinet.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline johnwartjr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 01:57:09 PM »
US machines have always been interesting to me.

Some US domestic games, stamped US, left the USA. I've unloaded them from containers from Europe, marked US, and it's been clear it was a US game. Some from Brazil as well.

Some machines are sold on the black market. There were issues with Sterns being purchased in the US, loaded on containers, and shipped to Europe, being sold cheaper than folks could buy games in Europe. Yes, Stern's distributors had a fit. The solution? Modern Stern games won't work without a CPU board swap, because the transformer has a different hz rate in Europe than the US IIRC.

Most of these things can be worked around. It's like when WMS put security chips in games, to stop bootlegging of games outside of territories. A basic circuit would turn the DMD off until the game had booted, therefore making it impossible to get the serial # off the PIC chip (shows when the game boots, normally)

The most important factor, IMO, is to make sure the game is in nice condition. A lot of Americans don't like games that left the US and came back, and try to value them lower than a game that never left the country. Condition is king. I used to help a friend unload containers so I could get the pick of the litter. I've bought some operators out who had poorly maintained games that made even the poorest condition container games look 'minty'.

WMS games had country codes, but I've never found a way to completely decode them. I've studied it quite a bit. Wish I knew exactly how they did that.

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 08:44:22 PM »
All my Williams/Bally NZ new serial numbers start 517...., I have an AUS STTNG and it starts 506.......
German 502.....  Italy..... 514......

Hope this helps   ^^^

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 08:58:32 PM »
All my Williams/Bally NZ new serial numbers start 517...., I have an AUS STTNG and it starts 506.......
German 502.....  Italy..... 514......

Hope this helps   ^^^

Cheers mate I'll have to check my ToM it's meant to be OZ delivered but I haven't seen any markings

Peter

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 12:32:16 AM »
Thanks for all your help guys.

GORGAR 1 would you mind letting me know if your serial does indeed start with 506? As a ToM is one of the machines i am considering.

Thanks.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 01:44:14 AM »
Thanks for all your help guys.

GORGAR 1 would you mind letting me know if your serial does indeed start with 506? As a ToM is one of the machines i am considering.

Thanks.

Hi,

Yeah my ToM which is Aussie delivered does have a serial number that starts with #506 and had a manufactured date 0f 2/5/1995 hope that helps

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 11:59:55 AM »
I just noticed mines also still on the font of the cabinet see pic's.

Peter