Author Topic: Should we have a swap thread?  (Read 384 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Should we have a swap thread?
« on: December 06, 2011, 09:33:09 PM »
Is this something that would work,or has it been done before?
It could be another option for moving pins around either on a full time or short term basis.
Good idea..Bad idea?
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Should we have a swap thread?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 09:40:11 PM »
good idea Daz, but distances make it hard unless qld guys swap with qld guys etc, ViC with VIC guys etc.(meaning full machines) Parts are OK for everywhere but.

just dont offer a set of dr who decals up for swaps.  %.% %.%

thats why pinball meets are a great idea cause you can try machines out u have never played before.  ^^^ we need more of them everywhere as well.  ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 09:43:58 PM »

Yeah Brett I was thinkin more locally, where members who were close enough to each other could swap pins.
Prob sould have said that to start with.lol..... #@#
Just a thought as I always like moving pins around..maybe there are more of the species?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 10:23:28 PM »
Not a bad idea, a "Wanted to Swap" area where members can post their location (if not in your profile) and game they have as bait, and what they would like in exchange. Could be fun for local guys to have a different game for a while.

I'll discuss with Spamways.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 11:24:45 PM »
Not a bad idea, a "Wanted to Swap" area where members can post their location (if not in your profile) and game they have as bait, and what they would like in exchange. Could be fun for local guys to have a different game for a while.

I'll discuss with Spamways.

Currently in discussion with NoPinnies4Me - will have an update soon - but I think it is a great concept.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 11:28:13 PM »
Hi All   Ive done this   I have some of mr PInboligist games as hes been moving.  A mate of mine Grahame we swapped for about  6 mths.  I got rescue 911 and he picked my black Pyramid , this was very successful , when I got it back it was fine  he looked after it as though it was his own      He still has my secret service  

In time when Mitch takes his games back I will swap  Grahame his abra ca dabra  for my quick draw  probaly for 6 mths  this is a great way to play other games

I also know a guy with a Capcom airbourne  and in time he will be keen to swap these guys are all local so there is no freight involved

I say yes start a thread for swapping    and maybe keep it in your state     @@*     howzat

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 09:39:05 AM »
Cool, I think this would work well.
 %.%I have a Junkyard and Creature for swap or sale both in fantastic condition...creech has mods and bright green holo...I would put the RFM as well but my kids would kneecap me....should swap the missus while I'm at it too...lol..sorry sweetheart just kiding.. #@#
I am mainly looking for a Indy( williams), Wh20 or Tom( Bally), Spiderman or Ironman( Stern) but would be open to any ideas.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 10:01:51 AM »
Hi All   Ive done this   I have some of mr PInboligist games as hes been moving.  A mate of mine Grahame we swapped for about  6 mths.  I got rescue 911 and he picked my black Pyramid , this was very successful , when I got it back it was fine  he looked after it as though it was his own      He still has my secret service  

In time when Mitch takes his games back I will swap  Grahame his abra ca dabra  for my quick draw  probaly for 6 mths  this is a great way to play other games

I also know a guy with a Capcom airbourne  and in time he will be keen to swap these guys are all local so there is no freight involved

I say yes start a thread for swapping    and maybe keep it in your state     @@*     howzat

I saw this thread last night and was going to reply and mention Ian (howzat) has done this, but i thought id let him tell the story  :D

Yes Ian has five of my machines at the moment (Vortex, Lectronamo, Solar City, 6m$man and Mibs) and his mate Graeme has my Stern Stingray. I recently got Black Pyramid back off Ian (i own this one now, we did a deal on my Gtb Quickdraw for it) and am really enjoying playing it  #*# Also got Buck Rogers back of Graeme who was kind enough to store it for me (not set up) when i moved. Soon as i get the new shed organised better i'll get them all back.

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 10:02:27 PM »
Cool, I think this would work well.
 %.%I have a Junkyard and Creature for swap or sale both in fantastic condition...creech has mods and bright green holo...I would put the RFM as well but my kids would kneecap me....should swap the missus while I'm at it too...lol..sorry sweetheart just kiding.. #@#
I am mainly looking for a Indy( williams), Wh20 or Tom( Bally), Spiderman or Ironman( Stern) but would be open to any ideas.

send her down here,cow,i will make her go down.lol
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 08:31:54 PM »
dont like the idea unless you know the person very well )very(

Offline carnut

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 10:55:16 PM »
hey daz,
my whitewater is rough(but a lot better than it was).
you can come play whenever you like.
or i could swap with you if that better(for a period).
we could have a beer and discuss!!
cheers mate!
craig