Author Topic: Victorian Bush Fires  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
Victorian Bush Fires
« on: February 08, 2009, 07:44:18 PM »
To all those who have lost a loved one from the bush fires in Victoria, my condolences.

My Auntie (married into the family) lost her brother, and my cousins have lost their uncle in the Bendigo fires.

R.I.P. Michael Kane.

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Victorian Bush Fires
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 07:49:04 PM »
Sad news Owen, my condolences to your family. I still can't believe that many of the fires were deliberately lit, I know what should happen to the perpetrators  %$%

Matthew

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 07:53:16 PM »
Sad news Owen, my condolences to your family. I still can't believe that many of the fires were deliberately lit, I know what should happen to the perpetrators  %$%

Matthew

Same here Owen,

I'm truly sorry to hear this news.....as an Australian my wife and I found it extremely difficult to watch the news tonight.

As for the people that lit fires - my answer is simple - find them guilty and put a bullet in their heads

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 07:55:38 PM »
Thanks guys.

I agree, there is no need to deliberately light ANY fire than can cause so much devastation. These people need to be caught, and dealt with.
**&

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 09:17:03 PM »
Hard to believe that anyone can contribute to this deliberately, absolute tragedy - my thoughts are with all the families affected

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 10:02:44 PM »

My condolences to all fellow Victorians affected by this terrible tragedy. It reminds us all of the importance of family in the short time we have here.

As for the person(s) responsible for deliberately lighting some of the fires - Bring back corporal punishment and the Death Sentence. I've seen enough today.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 10:04:26 PM »

My condolences to all fellow Victorians affected by this terrible tragedy. It reminds us all of the importance of family in the short time we have here.

As for the person(s) responsible for deliberately lighting some of the fires - Bring back corporal punishment and the Death Sentence. I've seen enough today.

I feel very strongly  when I say   KILL the C&*T / S  who started any of these fires   , if Deliberate
I am sure there will be enough of us out to do it .........

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 10:12:02 PM »
My heart goes out to everyone whos lives have been ruined by these f#$kwits. Time to find them douse them in petrol and set THEM alight.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 10:21:39 PM »
My condolences to your family Owen, and to all affected by this horror. So many lost, such a sad day.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 10:25:30 PM »
Sorry to hear of your tragic loss Owen.

Lock them up in a room with petrol and matches and they can exterminate each other. So fu**ing angry that a supposedly intelligent life form i.e. humans, can have so many lowlifes and degenerates in it's gene pool. While they're at it, chuck all the pedos in that room as well.  !*!

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 09:25:01 PM »
Thanks Nick and Tony

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 09:49:56 PM »
Living in Greensborough as I do, the fires affected areas just a few kms (20-30) up the road. I have a friend from Arthur's Creek and his family have lost a number of friends from the Strathewen and Kinglake areas.

Today I was informed that a previous client of our company was caught in the fires along with his wife and perished. They were an older couple who were working to recreate an environment that allowed the original flora and fauna to return to their 20ha property. RIP Don and Leonie Hatton.

Another of our clients is an organisation with a property a few kilometres out of Whittlesea. Thankfully everyone is safe, but apparently they have lost many of their buildings. With some presence of mind one of them actually remembered to retrieve the server backup before leaving the property. Today we built a new server for them and will deploy it tomorrow.

The loss of life and the devestation are truly saddening.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to those who have been affected by this tragic disaster.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 11:15:23 PM »
Owen,

Im deeply saddened by whats happened in Victoria... and im sorry to hear that this tragedy has affected yourself.

Been listening to the reports on the radio and some of the interviews have truely touched me, the devastation and loss of life is just unbelievable.

My heart felt condolences mate

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 07:35:07 AM »
I just can not comprehend the devastion and loss of life. I had to walk away from the TV last nite as I felt overwhelmed.
We are thinking of our fellow aussies in Vic, our best wishes go out to them.

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 05:43:18 PM »
Yeah i am in the same situation as Andrew. 20 km away from the fire and i am constantly hearing ambo's, CFA and police sirens...

I can see the smoke from the back of my house and quite frankly am concerned.

To make things worse we have people congesting Plenty road ( main route to Kinglake/Whittlesea etc ) just to go down to these affected areas to have a look !

Insane i tell you !

This was a pic taken on Sunday night as i was travelling towards my place...

Some people have big HEADS !