Author Topic: New pin day my holy grail has arrived EATPM just in time for xmas  (Read 845 times)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland

Looks great Leon, and you can use JB Weld to fix those holes. You can get it for $15 at Jaycar.

Thanks Nino will get some of the weld fix later this week, this weekend is the re-paint & re-assemby of the coin door.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Well another 35 degree day in brissy today  $&&

Some progress on Elvira, final coats of paint to coin door + frame then re-assembled see attached pic.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
well done on the work so far.

p.s- I have apx forty x NOS coin doors sitting here in boxes in case u want a NOS one at no charge. I will happily donate it to you if you arent happy with the outcome of the door welds etc. just ask and its yours mate.  ^^^  everything looks great so far.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
well done on the work so far.

p.s- I have apx forty x NOS coin doors sitting here in boxes in case u want a NOS one at no charge. I will happily donate it to you if you arent happy with the outcome of the door welds etc. just ask and its yours mate.  ^^^  everything looks great so far.

Thanks for your offer mate,

Coin door looks great, fitted back into the cabinet now, I think this coin door is original?? just having a blast restoring this game, only problem is that I'm time poor, 4 kids doesn't leave much hobby time!!!

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Just an update

Replacement Boogie men arrived today from the states

I brought a lot of 8, see attached pics, I did purchase 2 from an aussie supplier however they were the smaller type? Bargin price only $10aud landed.  $#$

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Just updating the slow progress on Elvira,

Well I had a good 4 hours in my shed this morning and made some progress on the upper playfield area.

Stripped upper playfield, waxed upper half of playfield, cleaned all parts, posts etc. Then re-assembled everything & fitted new white rubbers.

Attached a few photo's for those who are interested...

I'm really enjoying this shop out of my Elvira, It's a slow process but I'm & learning heaps & really really enjoying every minute.  $#$

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Well pf has now been fitted back to lower cabinet, must say this resto has been the highlight for 2012 for me, I've learn't so much about this great hobby, see attached photos...

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Good job - is that finished now?

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland

Thanks ajlaird,

Yep finished for now I have arranged Andrew (aka Beaky) to visit b4 xmas to check all the electrics, connectors etc so that I can then power her up.

This game needs decals, so I will get around to that next year, just wanting to get her to a playable state for the family chrissy holiday period.

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day

Thanks ajlaird,

Yep finished for now I have arranged Andrew (aka Beaky) to visit b4 xmas to check all the electrics, connectors etc so that I can then power her up.

This game needs decals, so I will get around to that next year, just wanting to get her to a playable state for the family chrissy holiday period.

I thought you would wanting to play it over Christmas! Good timing as you can put a few games on it now and make sure no-one else can beat you over the holiday period...