Author Topic: How has your year been?  (Read 428 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
How has your year been?
« on: December 17, 2011, 04:53:22 PM »
My year in review
 Additions to the collection during 2011

I started the year realizing that I had no space for more games, so I decided that I would only buy one high end machine
That would mean an Attack From Mars, Medivel Madness, or the King Pin remake
The next week, I heard about Wizard of OZ, a little investigating (Yes, he already has runs on the board for making redemption games) I decide that WoZ is the game for 2012. Join payment plan and watch as the updates come in

Easter, I see a TSPP advertised for a reasonable price, sure it is in Adelaide, but I have some time off, so why not take a road trip
Meet a few good guys (Bretty, Devil Riders) and get to play some Zaccaria pinball machines (Adds a Zac or 2 to my ‘wants’ list)

Later thread is made that somebody wants a backbox for an TESB, I have one. Trek on down to Geelong and meet the awesome Daniel and his cool garage

Then I hear about a container of Zac’s being imported, reasonably priced, Add Devil Riders to my collection

Now really struggling to find room, but an Attack From Mars comes up at a price I cannot say no to,

So, only 3 games this year, and one coming in June (?)

Offline vinito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
Re: How has your year been?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 06:38:22 PM »
That's a pretty good year. It's hard to tell until it's in front of you so you can play it, but WOZ seems like it could be a really fun new game.

As for me, a couple years ago I had to sell off my pins because of hard times. I got to keep the non working ones (three EMs) but haven't had enough interest to work on them so in storage they sit.
The good news is that about a year ago I finally got a decent and stable job and have been able to make a huge dent in catching back up so far. After about another year I'll very well may just start building up a good small collection again. I wonder what game Jersey Jack might be dreaming up by then??

Crossing my fingers for a good one.
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 07:07:28 PM »
Man was that this year Pete????    I have no idea what happened to this year really should work out what I have aquired this year

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 09:09:50 PM »
Man was that this year Pete????    I have no idea what happened to this year really should work out what I have aquired this year

Tracking the comings and goings at your place would be almost imposible  ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 09:46:10 PM »
Good thread Pete.

I got to watch my 1 yr old son grow from 1 yrs to 2 yrs old. That has been lots of fun. He now runs around like a maniac and talks more n more. New words every day.

My security Business has been great. Never stops when it comes to people needing protection from thieves etc. So I am expecting a huge 2012.

Added some more machines to the collection during 2011.
Congo, Indianna Jones widebody, Gilligans, Phoenix, Another Last Action Hero and a few others but I cant remember in what order etc.

In 2012, I expect to add a new Avatar, Wizard of OZ, Twilight Zone plus Addams Family. I have more on the list but the ones I mentioned first, or whatever comes up at the right price/condition first.  Maybe a Ripleys Belive it or not, if it comes up for sale.

Saving $$ and working hard for pinball machines is a great incentive to get out of bed 6 days a week and look forward to something very fun. It was alot of fun sharing my machines with lots of other people, and holding the huge pinball meet with trophies etc was great. The forum has been excellent during 2011 and seeing so many talented people doing resto's was a highlight. 2012 can only be better. Long Live Pinball and the great AP forum. A big thanks to Nino and Nick for making it all work so well.  ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 11:20:02 PM »
I got to watch my 1 yr old son grow from 1 yrs to 2 yrs old. That has been lots of fun. He now runs around like a maniac and talks more n more. New words every day.

Xmas day will be great for you, make the most of it

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 12:13:55 AM »
My son Hunter has a birthday on 19th December. So he gets lots of presents on his birthday, then heaps presents on Xmas day. All within 1 x week the lucky kid.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 11:41:53 AM »
Been a odd year for me I bought a ToM and a dedicated Phoenix cocktail which both I love, but sold two machines Gorgar and Time Warp so my rooms down to 3 x pinballs 1 x cocktail and 1 x arcade stand-up which has a 48-1. I've spent a shit load of money this year around the house but all good so next year I'll be after a nice getaway so hopefully one comes up.

Peter

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 11:50:16 AM »
2011 has been very quiet for me. I sold my one and only pin and have yet to find a suitable replacement.

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 12:14:43 PM »
I finished restoring a '68 WMS Lady Luck , restored a '73 WMS Gulf Stream and bought my 1st Bally EM (Old Chicago) a couple of weeks ago.
I failed to advertise and sell 2 pins that I need to move on so that is my mission for 2012. 
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 01:11:06 PM »

I am very happy with my 2011. I mainly caught up with the Geelong guys, which is always a pleasure and we should do it more often ! I didn't spend enough time with the more "local" guys. I restored a few games in this year that went into a few large collections. Very "private" collectors that don't frequent forums etc. Always nice to see these games, but a little frustrating that they are relatively "unknown" !

I spent a lot of money on tools. My two recent acquisitions was a Maxus Compressor for Air Brushing work and a Peerless P14 compressor, which will be used for the many cabinet repaints. Earlier this year, I experimented with Home plating kits, which work well for small jobs. I learnt a bit about Air Brushing, which was great fun. Slowly accumulated parts for my own keeper machines such as Xenon, Flight 2000, Fathom and Eight Ball Deluxe. These will all have repro playfields and plastics sets. I will hope to do at least two of these in 2012.

Planning ahead -  I will hopefully recondition all the video cabinets in storage (around 10 left). My aim will have them all gone by June. I'd like to restore a couple more EMs by this time as well. I will be repainting some cabinets - KISS, Playboy, Eight Ball, Pro Football and Volley. I'll have these done in the warmer months and reassemble in the colder months.

2012 will have a few BIG surprises. I have some BIG plans late in 2012..  #@#

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 06:47:47 PM »
As far as work on my own pins is concerned, been VERY quiet having only restored one keeper game (KISS) and getting Gtb QuickDraw up and running which now sits in howzat's collection having been repainted with some help from me, (he will do a resto thread soon)  #@#

I have been doing plenty of pin repair work for others and i have now registered the name Mr Pinbologist as a business name, and im in the process of starting up my own little repair/resto business, so having moved to a new town after work finishing up in Armidale, pin repair/restore work is now part of my living, so fingers crossed i might do ok with it. Of course i'm not relying on pin work alone... i'd be silly to do so, im also doing other electronic repairs as well..

i'll leave it at that for now, not wishing to hijack the thread, just telling my own story of what has been happening for me. I have plenty of projects/restores of my own to attend to when time/finances permit. Pinball Pool will be the next big resto for me, as well as getting my Wms Flash up and running with the MPU board i bought from Skybeaux a few months ago *%* Plus Im keen to get my Stern Hot Hand up and running  *%*

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 08:34:52 PM »
Sold a grail pin to put the $$ into my business.. picked up a $300 SOLAR CITY.
Been a terrible year for business... has been for everyone i know... cant wait for this year to be over, 2011 has been such a struggle.
Hoping 2012 is better but with a carbon tax looming i cant see it... i already know of many contracts going to China once the tax is introduced. But im optimistic.. have a friggin HUGE job ive been waiting a year for the sign off on.. if this comes in.. happy days!

Offline spook

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane, QLD
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 12:35:53 AM »
Good thread Pete .... great to see the replies and what has been going on in the world for different folk!

I can't complain at all about 2011. Finally got myself some spare time and some spark to get off my bum and get something I'd talked about for ages, my first pin. Picked up my sentimental favourite, Williams Flash, in June and have been enjoying it ever since. Have completed a few small clean up jobs on it to date and I doubt I will let it go. Then I was lucky enough to pick up an awesome Fish Tales in September, so my "collection" has gone from 0 to 2 this year .... pretty good year in my book!

Thanks to all on this forum that take the time to post their stories, restos and useful tips .... it is much appreciated by a relatively newbie like me.

Best wishes to all for Christmas!   ^^^
Wanted: Another Williams Flash

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 03:16:04 PM »
My son Hunter has a birthday on 19th December. So he gets lots of presents on his birthday, then heaps presents on Xmas day. All within 1 x week the lucky kid.  ^^^

Happy B'day for Hunter Brett.
My little one had his birthday yesterday (4 years old) and we celebrated his b'day party at a play centre and came across a MB pinnie.
"Daddy, there's a ding ding here.....let's play it"

Another year gone by without a pinball purchased and I’ve only got the one.
It’s been a long year for me & the wife. Have been renovating every weekend since Jan 15th and we’ve finally moved into our new premises at the end of last month.
Will i endeavour to purchase another pinnie?....let me work out next years budget first!

Merry Christmas to you all.

Stephen.
SC.