Author Topic: Thoughts on Demo man  (Read 473 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Thoughts on Demo man
« on: December 19, 2011, 12:24:35 AM »
Hi guys,

Thoughts please on speed & flow and so on as I love fast flowing machines I hate stop start games oh and price either working out of a container if that's possible && and price for a clean machine. I want a new purchase after Christmas but my first thoughts was a Getaway but am now learning towards a DM.

Thx Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Thoughts on Demo man
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 01:33:23 AM »
Played both. Could never get past the weird handles on Demo Man, although it is unique. I would go with Getaway-High Speed 2 Pete, hard to beat speed n flow n audio and all the greatness this machine has to offer. (and u can get supercharger chrome mod plus new decals for HS2 so thats important plus ramps etc etc).

Demo Man is OK, but Getaway HS2 is much more fun.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 09:41:47 AM »
Both are bang for your buck games, DM is deeper that Getaway, has more modes and multiballs and if you use the handles to play the scoring is higher( cool touch) backglass and artwork are a bit of a bore..both are pretty fast but there are much quicker pins around than these titles.
Getaway is fun but it is a one trick pony and gets boring prety quickly imo.
I prefer DM to Getaway, so that would be my choice.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline indazone gav

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 10:26:36 AM »
I'd got the Getaway for sure. I find that DM feels big and slow. Has that heavy feel if that makes sense, not my cup of tea

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 04:37:35 PM »
I enjoyed DM a lot more than Getaway - i found Getaway too easy and too repetitive.   DM is more challenging.  Both pins i did not consider to be long term keepers - although i missed DM more than Getaway.  Getaway definitely has the edge with sound though.  Cab and translite art don't really concern me too much.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 04:50:15 PM »
You know my thoughts on HSII.  Personally I think it is one of the most over rated machines out there.  HSII got very very boring very quickly and knowing what sort of machines you like, HSII wouldn't be a keeper for you.  I had a pretty nice one as my 2nd ever machine and don't regret selling it at all.  The novelty of the supercharger wears off pretty quick.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 06:27:45 PM »
I enjoyed DM a lot more than Getaway - i found Getaway too easy and too repetitive.   DM is more challenging.  Both pins i did not consider to be long term keepers - although i missed DM more than Getaway.  Getaway definitely has the edge with sound though.  Cab and translite art don't really concern me too much.

+1 I agree with all of that.
DM is one I would like in the lineup for a while one of these days.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 02:44:49 AM »
Thanks for all the feedback guys must track them down after Christmas and decided over a few games.

Peter

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 08:09:48 PM »
Get both mate  ^^^   

Offline Hashman

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • SKW Corporation
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 08:40:19 PM »
Ive had my demo man for over a week now and i love it! Its fast! I love the look of the playfield and i also swap between normal flipper buttons and the handles when i feel like it. Playing it with the handles is actually pretty cool and like someone else said, pushing the two red buttons on the the handles at the same time during certain bonuses gives you secret bonuses. Installing the profanity roms is also very cool.

Offline mickthepin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 09:13:51 PM »
You want a fast game get Fish Tales

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 11:48:52 AM »
You want a fast game get Fish Tales

Been there done that but thanks for idea anyway  *%*

Peter

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 05:22:48 PM »
I reckon you would get bored with a Demo Man pretty quick Pete.

Have you played the Transformers LE yet  && nice fast flowing game. Prob a bit more than a container pin.

TOMMY is a good player and if setup right pretty quick. What about a T2 or T3 ??

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2011, 09:25:59 AM »
I reckon you would get bored with a Demo Man pretty quick Pete.

Have you played the Transformers LE yet  && nice fast flowing game. Prob a bit more than a container pin.

TOMMY is a good player and if setup right pretty quick. What about a T2 or T3 ??

Hi Marty yeah funny you mentioned T2 that's another game I've been looking at recently I've sort of forgotten about demo man and am now looking at getaway or T2. Not after a container pinball but will wait for a nice one of these two to appear any idea on a price guide these days for a Getaway or T2 in nice condition?

Thx Peter

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2011, 11:45:10 AM »
Pete,

T2 kicks it over HS2 in my opinion. Although I did love the movie so that may influence me a bit. Having owned both T2 I woul like again. Has to be LED'd and a sub kit brings it into a new realm.

Price wise - hard to find a HS2 without cab fade, but Wayne's decals for these are amazing. Also insert wear is very common. I would think $2500 to $3000 max should get you a nice one shopped and in good shape.

For a T2 - tough as they don't come up all that often. I would think privately between $2500 to $3000 as well. Just watch for broken plastics as some are very hard to find.