Author Topic: THE QUICK N THE DEAD !  (Read 491 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
THE QUICK N THE DEAD !
« on: December 21, 2011, 07:27:19 PM »
The QUICK AND the DEAD describes some Pinball Games.   @.@

QUICK being a game that lasts only a few minutes and the game just hammers you and you have lousy lousy ball time, AND
THE DEAD being a game that just goes on forever and forever and u feel like u are going to die of strain or boredom cause you end up playing for over an hour plus !

Examples -

QUICK - Black Knight 2000. Be careful or you just get hammered very quickly
DEAD - Star Wars Episode 1. Known for ball times that just go forever, and POPEYE, also gives massive ball times. Fun but always a Marathon.

Some people say some late model STERNS are a bit like those above, and some ? eighties games ?.   Anyone else got any examples.  !@#
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 07:34:37 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Re: THE QUICK N THE DEAD !
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 07:29:19 PM »
Firepower is always QUICK
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 07:39:07 PM »
No offense to cow corner but i find Iron Man to be a 'quick' game.

I find it to be a vicious, brutal, unforgiving and mean game and it kicks my ass everytime i play it. And yet i always seem to find myself back there bending over in front of it (so to speak)

I love it so much, but it gives me absolutely no love back. Hell im paying it to hate me......

ok i may have gone on a little long here (one day i hope me and Iron Man can get a room) %.%

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 07:51:21 PM »
Weirder things have happened. I am sure people had orgy's on pinballs in the 70's.  %.% %.%

INDIANNA JONES WIDEBODY - can also be a marathon game. Many missions.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline carnut

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 08:47:34 PM »
i love it "cursed"!!
and also love the pinball orgy idea.
hahahahahah!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 08:17:49 AM »
No offense to cow corner but i find Iron Man to be a 'quick' game.

I find it to be a vicious, brutal, unforgiving and mean game and it kicks my ass everytime i play it. And yet i always seem to find myself back there bending over in front of it (so to speak)

I love it so much, but it gives me absolutely no love back. Hell im paying it to hate me......

ok i may have gone on a little long here (one day i hope me and Iron Man can get a room) %.%

None taken at all, I agree 100%...absolutely brutal game and ultra fast.
I didn't have over expectations for this pin and it has blown me away to the max...I used to think SM was the best stern and MM was the best pin ever made.
Not any more!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 09:43:05 AM »

Stern Meteor is the fastest game I've ever played.

STTNG and Indiana Jones are slow plodders. STTNG is the only game I've walked away from "mid game"" - a complete borefest. Haunted House can be a plodder, but I think Future Spa is the slowest and most boring machine ever made.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 02:34:33 PM »
Twisters my fastest game by a mile gee it even has factory plastic protectors and every gap is guarded due to a massive amount of air balls I've probably had mine 2 years and its still blows me away with the speed. Not sure about slow games but anything stop start annoys me ^.^ and that results in long ball times.

Peter

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 03:00:18 PM »
Twisters my fastest game by a mile gee it even has factory plastic protectors and every gap is guarded due to a massive amount of air balls I've probably had mine 2 years and its still blows me away with the speed. Not sure about slow games but anything stop start annoys me ^.^ and that results in long ball times.

Peter

Every game is a stop start game for me.......start -  launch the ball  stop - ball drained   start - launch another one  stop - ball's gone again.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 06:20:22 PM »
Some machines are "plodders" like Nino said. A good deskription actually, cause you literally have to keep plodding away to get thru the missions.

A few examples I have thought about for machines that make u play like its a chess game, or a game that you have to pick your shots one by one by one to go forward are >

Batman Forever - widebody that makes u work n work n work
Royal Rumble - same as above
Dirty Harry - half slow, half fast, but leaning towards a bit of a plodder

Most others I have are fast.  Theres nothing wrong with a Indy Jones or Batman Forever or the few others I have mentioned. They were designed to make you work. Not everyone likes a machine that is so fast you get a sore neck trying to follow the ball that is bouncing around like a maniac.

The fastest machine I have ever played out of all my machines would be VIPER NIGHT DRIVIN, made in apx 1998. The light weight glow balls make this game faster than any other machine ever made I reckon. I have played almost every DMD ever made, and VIPER is like a forula 1 car. Very very fast. Brutal is a good deskription too.

Tales from the Crypt is another very fast game that comes to mind.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 06:22:26 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 06:55:33 PM »
Love to play viper Brett :) interesting you say it a super fast game maybe that better be my next machine ?

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 07:29:19 PM »
Pete, the VIPER NIGHT DRIVIN has an "Adult Mode" you can turn on or off in the Audio Menu system.

When turned on, the good looking female on the playfield, who is the hitch hiker, she ends up in the back seat of the V10 VIPER, and she moans and groans VERY LOUDLY whilst she is getting hammered by the driver. It makes the game very interesting and unique to say the least, plus when you then add in the Glow Balls, plus the Black Lights, this is probably one of the best n unique pinballs ever made. The Black Lights make the machine, like 2 completely seperate pinball machines. Its like playing a pinball machine in full colour, then playing a pinball in complete black n white like u are literally watching a black n white Television. It is an amzing game that hardly anyone has had the chance to experience. If u like Twister, like I do, this is 5 times better.  ^^^

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 07:39:24 PM »
i dont know how to describe my space hawks game, its slow playing the ball doesnt wiz around the playfield very fast, but it bites you on the ass very quickly. the flipper coils arent big coils. so it doesnt hit really hard, but man its unforgiving, it will kick your ass in 2 seconds if you make the tiniest mistake and you dont get much ball time, this machine gives any one who plays it pinball rage and they keep going back to try and beat the bastard, wcs however gives plenty of ball time it doesnt seem like a plodder the ball can get plenty of speed up but with the side lane shooter for out of bounds you get plenty of chances to keep in play. i like both styles of games, i like longer games for when im angry and wan t to relax, those games that can cause you to get angry like my space hawks where games can last for only a few seconds if you arent on your A game and scores are always low i reserve for days im in a good mood, space hawks is a slow moving game that kills you quick, lol i dont know wher eyou would put that on the scale?? a slow moving game that kills you fast?

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 08:10:10 PM »

Stern Meteor is the fastest game I've ever played.

STTNG and Indiana Jones are slow plodders. STTNG is the only game I've walked away from "mid game"" - a complete borefest. Haunted House can be a plodder, but I think Future Spa is the slowest and most boring machine ever made.

Future spa...omg what a boat anchor that is!
Not a big fan of STTNG either but Indy I will always like.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 09:31:48 PM »
Quote from: Pintoxicated
Every game is a stop start game for me.......start -  launch the ball  stop - ball drained   start - launch another one  stop - ball's gone again.

HaHa love it........and so familiar #@#

None taken at all, I agree 100%...absolutely brutal game and ultra fast.
I didn't have over expectations for this pin and it has blown me away to the max...I used to think SM was the best stern and MM was the best pin ever made.
Not any more!

Yep, it looks simple but man oh man is it fun. The colour, sound, magnets, Monger its all very well done. Love that pin and i can't wait to make a "i got my NIB Iron man pin today" post like you Cow Corner.

Sooooo envious.....buddy, pal, mate.......  $.$ && #@#  %$% %.%