Author Topic: coin op robot fairy floss machine  (Read 6686 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
coin op robot fairy floss machine
« on: December 23, 2011, 03:17:44 AM »
My grandfather has a massive collection of stuff, would put any of these pickers you see on tv to shame. i have been eying off this machine for years now. its a vending machine of sorts, which is in the shape of a robot about 1500mm high, that when you drop your coin into it, the machine makes fairyfloss in its belly and you see it being made through a clear door, once made you open the door put your stick in and the floss goes on your stick, i dont have a picture ill get my mum to take a photo next time she is at his place, i do however have the brains to the machine here at my place, i took it out last time i was at his house seeing it plugs in and was removable, i couldnt take the whole machine home as it was too big, i have been meaning to fix it up so i can plug it all back in and see if it works, if it does work ill be buying the thing for my shop as a cool addition, no idea of the era maybe 70s. has any one seen something like this before? tomorrow ill post pictures of its wiring box and will show progress of rewiring it. its wires have been attacked by mice at some point i think.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
Re: coin op robot fairy floss machine
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 03:26:31 AM »
well did some googling and found the same machine, this is not my actual machine but the same to give you an idea of it http://www.theoldrobots.com/Cotton-Candy.html

the link says it has an 8 track in it to play music, lol wow now im really interested ahaha cool

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 06:27:12 AM »
Spotted one of these at a local
Antique shop was very very tempted but didn't have the room  !!!

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 01:34:25 PM »
what did they want for it???

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 03:19:02 PM »
I think they had $300 on it was rough as guts and missing an arm I'll swing by later and see if it's thill there

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 06:58:20 PM »
Since when has that ever stopped you???

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 07:19:25 PM »
I think they had $300 on it was rough as guts and missing an arm I'll swing by later and see if it's thill there

cool, that would be great, if you can get photos that would be awesome, i wont be paying that much but i recon it could be worth that,i recon ill be hagging my grandfather for $50, he is tough haggler but. seeing you have seen one, at a guess what era do you recon it is?

any ways the only part i do have atm is the power supply i said above, its all prety dirty and chewed wires, and from what i could tell was the part that stoped me my testing it. my brother is heading up to his house tonight which is a 4 hour drive im hoping he can get a picture of it, its dirty as hell but will clean up well. im going to have to go up and see him soon my self to buy some old retro shit for our cafe, for decoration and what not, plus i want to check out a 60's diner style capachino machine, one of those old art deco style ones real big bastard Italian made things he told me he is wanting to sell me
so i think if i get this thing fixed up over the next week i have an excuse to go up and grab it, lol any ways heres some pics as it stands
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 07:26:35 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 07:33:06 PM »

after i checked out his mancave on his thread i can see why you say that, the bloke has an awesome collection

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 12:21:10 AM »

after i checked out his mancave on his thread i can see why you say that, the bloke has an awesome collection

Didn't get a chance this arvo got distracted by my good mate Johnny walker.        Hopefully tomorrow once the bloke picks up my old pool table I'll tidy up and make a new video of the shed shitload has changed since the last video

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 11:16:41 PM »
ok here it is in all its dirty glory lol. looking forward to getting this bad boy up and running cleaned up the circuit boards last night and cleaned the connectors and terminals on the power supply, need to finish soldering up the new wires from mouse chewing, about an hour of work on it i recon and its then a matter of waiting to go to my grandfathers to connect it up and see if it powers up.