Author Topic: New Years  (Read 368 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
New Years
« on: December 31, 2011, 07:11:50 PM »
Anyone kicking it tonight for new years eve, hit the tiles and chaos and go nuts?
If so what's the gig or joint that is the good oil to rock ya socks off?
Me...New Years isn't really my thing, I will be having a few frosty coopers green stubbies...a few ()..plenty of games of pin and prob be in bed by 9pm. :lol
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: New Years
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 07:36:56 PM »

Just another night for me (unless we have a family event). I'll be in the garage tonight, downing a few Peroni's and working on pins.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 07:44:05 PM »
Working tomorrow so just another night. Will be sleepless due to the large amount of blonks in the area letting of fireworks and driving my dogs crazy

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 08:48:34 PM »
Bought meself a large bottle of Belgium beer which im working my way up to by sinking some pale ale... to be honest, i cant think of anything worse than being in the crowds on New Years... drunken dickheads.. id rather be at home and watch a film while my wife falls asleep on the sofa...LOL!!!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 08:54:18 PM »
Realised how old I'm getting. For so many years it was making sure we ended up at THE party..... This year the family will walk around the corner to a mate's and watch the early edition (9.15) fireworks (we live on a hill so can see all of them from the coast to the city), then trot the kids back home home and slip in some earplugs.

Man, we know how to party!    :tumble:
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 01:19:40 AM »

Had a ball in the garage - warm night, so I enjoyed a couple of Jack Daniels and Peroni. Played some Pinball and watched the fireworks.

This year we wanted to "stay home" and enjoy each other's company.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 01:27:27 AM »
Took the family to Geelong to watch the fireworks and had a swim, we had a great day and the weather was awesome

Peter

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 04:03:17 AM »
just got home from doing a band gig (well staying at a friends house tonight as i type this) in Armidale, did some pin repair work while here yesterday (friday).

Drove back to the friends house through town and watched all the dickheads in the streets on my way here, got pulled up by the booze bus on the way ( HA HA  Mr piggy.. only had two bourbons that didnt register)   <.> :lol

Now its time to get some sleep before loading the music gear out in the morning and the 3 hour drive back to Wauchope.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 04:08:40 AM »
knocked off from work, watched some fireworks at the coast, got home had a root now going to bed, over all a good night, but have to work tomorrow, f**ken public holiday rates means work my self, lol

have a good 2012 every one

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 12:27:34 PM »
just got home from doing a band gig (well staying at a friends house tonight as i type this) in Armidale, did some pin repair work while here yesterday (friday).

Drove back to the friends house through town and watched all the dickheads in the streets on my way here, got pulled up by the booze bus on the way ( HA HA  Mr piggy.. only had two bourbons that didnt register)   <.> :lol

Now its time to get some sleep before loading the music gear out in the morning and the 3 hour drive back to Wauchope.

How was your gig mate?
What do you guys play...originals or covers?
I played in a few original bands no-one has heard of in brissie during the 90's, great fun...no money but great fun. I remember a new yrs gig we did, boat cruise down the brissie river with 3 other alternative/punk bands. Comming back down the river to finnish the night off with the last band playing, the drunken crowd going nuts and the fireworks in full swing is something I will never forget. It sure was refreshing change from the standard small and dingy clubs of the time.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 03:00:17 PM »

How was your gig mate?
What do you guys play...originals or covers?
I played in a few original bands no-one has heard of in brissie during the 90's, great fun...no money but great fun. I remember a new yrs gig we did, boat cruise down the brissie river with 3 other alternative/punk bands. Comming back down the river to finnish the night off with the last band playing, the drunken crowd going nuts and the fireworks in full swing is something I will never forget. It sure was refreshing change from the standard small and dingy clubs of the time.

Apart from a couple of technical hassles with the PA / and computer (i play in a duo so we use midifiles for drums/bass etc) the gig went real good with a great crowd  *%* was at the bowling club in Armidale in the auditorium so we were able to cut loose a bit with the volume, we carry a pretty big PA for a duo, plus i use a Laney valve guitar amp with a Marshall quad box (in a duo)  :lol its funny coz sometimes we get a few worried looks when we rock up for a gig and they see how much gear we have for a duo  :lol :lol We play covers mostly, playing in a full band is definitely better and more fun but we enjoy the duo, and we can get a LOT better money than a four or five piece band  *%*

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 09:40:31 PM »
I took my family to the drive in movies at yatala, it was a great way to see out 2011
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.