Author Topic: My pinball dungeon!! a work in progress  (Read 3667 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
My pinball dungeon!! a work in progress
« on: January 13, 2012, 09:51:27 PM »
Hi guys, just thought id put up a few pics of the shed (or pinball dungeon as i have nicknamed it) so far at my new house, since i have been able to start setting a few games up finally  $#$

Its been a work in progress for the last few months since i moved here, been busy insulating and lining the shed as i can afford to do so.. i still have a bit to do on the other side (behind me from where i stood and took the pictures), i've used mdf sheets to line the walls (coz its cheap)  :D but its coming together slowly but surely  *%*

As you can see i made a small shelf setup to sit a few BGs on that i had acquired, just used some aluminium angle extrusion bought from Bunnings, and just for now i have a screw and washer at the top of each glass so it cant fall. Notice the Nugent glass.. this was given to me by a mate/client of mine who i did the wildfyre pf for.. this glass was actually IN HIS WILDFYRE when he bought it!! someone had scraped sections of the bg so the displays could be seen  @.@ ::)

I have also set up my work area on the opposite side to where the pins are, so it's a gameroom/workshop.. would've loved to have separate game area and work space, but this will have to do for now, will post more  (better quality) pics at a later date when i can set things up a bit better, to show how its all progressing.

A couple of these games are yet to be restored but i  set them up anyway to enjoy them for a while.. Black Pyramid needs a pf restore, and Stellar Wars needs a full resto treatment, which they will both get in time. Solar ride, was restored quite a few years ago and its on the hit list to be RErestored (cab to be repainted in the correct colours, and some pf work to fix up the bits i'm not happy with). A couple of my other games will also be redone for the same reasons.  *%*

Cosmic Princess is set up as well but i didnt get full pics as yet as i had it opened up connecting it all up (2nd pic you can see it to the left). It too will get a full restore when time/finances permit. I wont be able to set up ALL my machines in there, as i need work space. Some of them will go in the house  *%*

Thats all for now.. will post more pics as i get more games set up and maybe a youtube vid  *%*

Hope you like!! cheers.. Mitch
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:06:39 AM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline el_timbo86

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
    • Hot Rodded Pins
Re: My pinball dungeon!! a work in progress
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 10:03:24 PM »
Sweet lineup Mitch,

They all look like fantastic examples  ^^^

Timbo

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 10:23:01 PM »

Very nice setup Mitch - Glad to see them all reunited  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 10:41:47 PM »
Thanks guys  ^^^ its gonna look much better when i get done, and get the place tidied up a bit better. At this stage there are nine pins set up, i still have another half dozen or so to go in there, i just need to get them all back from Ian (howzat) and his mate Graeme :lol

That lineup in these pics will change slightly eventually.. i plan on having my 3 Bally games together (6m$man, KISS and BP) and when Pinball Pool is done my 4 sys1 games will be set up together, Stellar Wars will be moved. Pinball Pool is next cab off the rank in the resto queue  *%*
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:02:38 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 11:21:59 PM »
and here are a few pics of what i thought would be a nice little addition to a games room, a scrolling message display! I found this at Dick Smith ages ago and decided to buy it, was about $130 i think, came with a remote control which you can use to program it, or alternatively it can be programmed from a laptop pc via a USB lead, and the supplied software. I just use the remote though its a bit of a pain to do, havent explored the computer programming option as yet but i will one day  !@) Looks much brighter than these pics show as i had the flash on when i took the pics.

I use this to display people's hi scores, and a few of my own to give people something to chase  <.> :lol plus a few messages and slogans i liked and thought would give people a laugh.

Also there is what i call the "Biggest Losers" section where if anyone gets a really LOW score, their name, score and the game they got the score on goes in  :lol just a bit of fun i thought  !*! an example.. a mate of mine got a score of about 31'000 on 6m$man.. yes that was for the WHOLE game... five balls  :lol

and for the record YES i too have gotten some truly terrible scores but somebody has to be there to witness it before i'll put it in as a Biggest Losers score  <.>
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:23:31 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 01:11:54 AM »
Sweet lineup Mitch,

They all look like fantastic examples  ^^^

Timbo

^^^^ Totally agree with Timbo.

In addition to that Mitch, I especially love your ROLLER DISCO. If it ever goes up for sale be sure to lmk please.....!  &&
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline Skybeaux

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Central Coast / Newcastle
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 08:57:56 AM »
Great setup Mitch,

They look excellent all lined up together  *%*

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 09:36:32 AM »
Nice set up!   ^^^
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 10:42:19 AM »
Very nice  ()

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 10:55:56 AM »
Looks Great Mitch  ^^^ and I like the message display idea  ^^^.
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Steevsee

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 11:39:35 AM »
Thanks for the pics.
Machines look great together and the dot matrix message display is a fantastic idea. ^^^

Looking forward to the Piball Pool and Stellar Wars restos.

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 05:52:13 PM »
Looks Great Mitch  ^^^ and I like the message display idea  ^^^.

Second that.
The scrolling display is just a magic touch, it looks so . . . pinball  #*#
Better than the old chalkboard by miles.

Cheers

PP
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 06:13:33 PM »
I remember playing in that arcade when I was 14

Very cool

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 06:01:10 PM »
Great set up and selection of pins!!

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 10:34:15 PM »
Looken good Mitch   Your insulation work is paying off, its almost looking like a home instead of a hot shed  :lol

Ive been around there a couple of times and didnt want to leave    Its really nice to pick which game to play  and they all work so well       Good work Mitch                     Howzat