Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 28975 times)

Offline Richyrich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #1035 on: May 04, 2012, 09:52:12 AM »
I got this  reply from Steve Ritchie

I am impressed he responds so quickly

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the kind words.  I am very glad you are happy with your machine.  Lyman will publish rules for the game when he is finished with the code, which will probably be a couple months from now.  You may find that Pinball News has them all before Lyman does, but I am not sure they have anything for the LE's and Premiums.

I know that many things in the game do not "work" yet but they will when the code is done.  Your game isn't broken!  It needs code to make the things that you mention work.  Lyman is working as fast as he can to get the code written, but AC/DC has been like making 2 games at once for both of us.  The LE has so much more than the Pro, and management wanted the Pros to be built first.

Your blue train LED should come on when you make the left ramp shot.  If it doesn't, check to see if all the connections are good.  There is a connector for the train on the bottom of the playfield.

I started a topper, but I am not sure they would let me finish and build it on my own, but maybe...Please be patient.   More iterations of code will be issued soon.

Thanks

Steve Ritchie

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #1036 on: May 04, 2012, 11:36:02 AM »
I got this  reply from Steve Ritchie

I am impressed he responds so quickly

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the kind words.  I am very glad you are happy with your machine.  Lyman will publish rules for the game when he is finished with the code, which will probably be a couple months from now.  You may find that Pinball News has them all before Lyman does, but I am not sure they have anything for the LE's and Premiums.

I know that many things in the game do not "work" yet but they will when the code is done.  Your game isn't broken!  It needs code to make the things that you mention work.  Lyman is working as fast as he can to get the code written, but AC/DC has been like making 2 games at once for both of us.  The LE has so much more than the Pro, and management wanted the Pros to be built first.

Your blue train LED should come on when you make the left ramp shot.  If it doesn't, check to see if all the connections are good.  There is a connector for the train on the bottom of the playfield.

I started a topper, but I am not sure they would let me finish and build it on my own, but maybe...Please be patient.   More iterations of code will be issued soon.

Thanks

Steve Ritchie

Nice email so hopefully apron flashers and train LED work with more code and my train connector is fine

Peter

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #1037 on: May 04, 2012, 03:56:27 PM »
Got it home, now just cant get it of the Hilux.Got to wait for someone to come home. Frustrated ^&^ :D :D :D :D

NICE

Thanks Mark

Got it home after its been at sitting at the depo for two days as was trying to pick it up with the wrong con note number #@#.Could of been playing it on Monday picked it up Thursday.
Couldn't get it off the ute on Thursday, so just had to look at it for a couple of hours and drink untill someone came home.

Finely got to play it last night and yes, i am inpressed.Been holding off playing the pro as didn't want to spoil the experience playing the bible for the first time and all i can say is WOW.The wife evens likes it which is even better because she doesnt no their is another machine coming as well %.%.This machine will be one of the better stern for sure and a lot better than the last couple i got.

One happy customer and thanks to PSPA ^^^

No faults yet, and cant find any scratches and dents, and it came with a manual.I hope all the other trouble that some people are having with their machines gets sorted.Great game indeed. ^^^ ^^^
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1038 on: May 04, 2012, 06:13:20 PM »
Well done Craig(Wonder) on your new ACDC machine. Glad its fun for all. Dont forget a video or some photos when u get a chance.  ^^^

Also, well done to Mark C for also being part of a great deal.  ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1039 on: May 04, 2012, 07:04:10 PM »
REPORT FOR PRO OWNERS

After installing Stern's 2nd gamecode update (version 1.5), I can advise after playing a few dozen games that the machine is EVEN BETTER again than it was after the first gamecode update (1,25 to 1.4).
The audio has heaps more sounds everywhere during gameplay, but espescially after losing a ball when u scores are tallied. Heaps n heaps of extra really large n detailed dot matrix annimations.

Overall, a much better experience, and Steve Ritchie says there will be even more gamecode updates to come. Give the gamecode 1.5 version an upload cause its worth it in every way.  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline piesrule

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #1040 on: May 04, 2012, 07:16:59 PM »
Just had a few games with the volume set on 50  Awesome! although 3 cans helped set the mood.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #1041 on: May 04, 2012, 08:02:54 PM »
I have played mine in a week and the last time I did have a game the wife turned it on and started a two player game...

Offline mickthepin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1042 on: May 05, 2012, 07:42:43 PM »
This has to be the biggest post on APA .....Fark over 1000

Offline mickthepin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1043 on: May 05, 2012, 07:43:33 PM »
And almost 10 000 views

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #1044 on: May 05, 2012, 08:30:15 PM »
Played the BIBLE on site at Sonix today. Great game! The pro did absolutely nothing for me but the LE was awesome, and i assume that is the case with all of them. BIBLE, LTBR and Premium.

The sound and lightshow had me rocking along with it, Found the ramps were nice and easy to hit and i enjoyed the lower playfield as a distraction. The bell and cannon were great also.

Tron LE (my personal favorite game) has got a reputation of having the best lightshow of any pinball, I think it may now have some competition. Choosing the song at the start looks absolutely amazing with the different colour LED's changing with every song.

I had no bias with this machine as i like AC/DC but i am not a huge fan. I have been following this from the start and it was never a machine i thought i would buy as the theme was not for me. After playing one i wish i could afford one as it was great (although a Tron LE would be first) and i would be happy with a premium as i believe it has the exact same features just not the bling, plus i like the premium backglass the best.

Plus how great are Steve Richie's taunts! "Thank you, Bye Bye" cracked me up at the end of the game.

To everyone that bought one i want to say i wish i was you! Enjoy your machines guys, Feel free to invite me round anytime.  ^^^

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #1045 on: May 05, 2012, 08:40:06 PM »
Glad you like it

It certainly grows on you
The more I play it ,the better it gets
This is one great pin  { LTBR LE}

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1046 on: May 05, 2012, 10:16:03 PM »

This has to be the biggest post on APA .....Fark over 1000
 and almost 10 000 views

We might have more videos and more photos to come from other owners hopefully.  

This AC/DC post shld reach 10,000 views and hopefully become a record for AP.  More to contribute yet. Just wait til I launch the AC/DC naked ladies calender with the Gold Coast models.  &&  ^^^

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #1047 on: May 05, 2012, 10:19:21 PM »
I would buy a acdc except for the fact that I am sane and not prone to peer pressure.
+ the fact it is pretty lame for a pin imo.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #1048 on: May 05, 2012, 10:25:23 PM »
I would buy a acdc except for the fact that I am sane and not prone to peer pressure.

I am maybe abit biast but I've played most modern stern games and I reckon AC/DC ticks all the boxes it's fast fun great sound awesome theme with the best flow by far! Most people who play it love it as well so to me money well spent and at no time have I had second thoughts

Peter
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 10:28:56 PM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #1049 on: May 05, 2012, 10:26:37 PM »

I am maybe abit biast but I've played most modern stern games and I reckon AC/DC ticks all the boxes it's fast fun great sound awesome theme with the best flow by far! Most people who play it love it do to me money well spent and at no time have I had second thoughts

Peter

Fan pin only....all day long!!!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"