Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 27016 times)

Offline Richyrich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #1110 on: May 12, 2012, 11:09:48 PM »
very nice looking pin

Offline indazone gav

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1111 on: May 21, 2012, 09:28:35 AM »
Got my LTBR on friday (#53). I love this game. Starting to get into the rules and strategy, cannot see myself getting bored of this one ^^^
Does anyone know what the Directors cut setting is?

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #1112 on: May 21, 2012, 01:18:37 PM »
Got my LTBR on friday (#53). I love this game. Starting to get into the rules and strategy, cannot see myself getting bored of this one ^^^
Does anyone know what the Directors cut setting is?

Nice one Gav

Cant say Ive played any other pins,since my LTBR arrived

Enjoy $#$

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #1113 on: May 21, 2012, 09:53:48 PM »
A friend of mine just purchased a pro model which will be sited at the pub in Mortlake and I noticed it had the lights under Angus head.    So anyone live near Mortlake go hammer the shit out of it

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #1114 on: May 22, 2012, 10:45:43 PM »
A friend of mine just purchased a pro model which will be sited at the pub in Mortlake and I noticed it had the lights under Angus head.    So anyone live near Mortlake go hammer the shit out of it

This is a early protype machine, later models in the PRO production run had no inserts in the angus playfield area.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline ac=dc pinny

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1115 on: May 27, 2012, 03:42:20 PM »
I have been reeding this AC=DC thread for a while and  bought myself a pro=acdc pinball after reading how good the model was. I didnt have the money to buy a limited model and waz to late anyhow so I bought the less expensive unit. I didnt get the shaker moter but will later when i can aford to spend more money. This is my first pinball and I was excited to buy one. I am really into stand up game cabinets and have some but this is my first pinball. I have been reeding the forum for the last few months as a guest but really only looked at the ac=dc stuff to get opinions so far. I bought my machine from amd sydney and I live in sunshine coast of queensland.

I am realy glad the ac=dc machines were covered alott cause it helped me to buy one. Everything ac=dc is really cool. I hope to read alot more other stuff on this site but will just stik to the ac=dc posts really. I havent had any prblemz yet and have had game for 3weeks and am learning more all the time. Thanx to the guys who posted about the ac=dc cause it helped me alot to buy a really good machine. If it wasent for the good reviews i might not have puled the trigger. thanx frob rob.

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #1116 on: May 27, 2012, 04:53:16 PM »
I have been reeding this AC=DC thread for a while and  bought myself a pro=acdc pinball after reading how good the model was. I didnt have the money to buy a limited model and waz to late anyhow so I bought the less expensive unit. I didnt get the shaker moter but will later when i can aford to spend more money. This is my first pinball and I was excited to buy one. I am really into stand up game cabinets and have some but this is my first pinball. I have been reeding the forum for the last few months as a guest but really only looked at the ac=dc stuff to get opinions so far. I bought my machine from amd sydney and I live in sunshine coast of queensland.

I am realy glad the ac=dc machines were covered alott cause it helped me to buy one. Everything ac=dc is really cool. I hope to read alot more other stuff on this site but will just stik to the ac=dc posts really. I havent had any prblemz yet and have had game for 3weeks and am learning more all the time. Thanx to the guys who posted about the ac=dc cause it helped me alot to buy a really good machine. If it wasent for the good reviews i might not have puled the trigger. thanx frob rob.

congrats on your first pin!   first of many perhaps....

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #1117 on: June 01, 2012, 06:39:58 PM »
Well just thought I'd post my AC DC Pro story & pics

Like many other worldwide pinball collectors I was very excited when Stern announced in early Jan 2012 the release of the AC DC pinball machine. This title had been doing the rumours for many many years.

On the 10th of Jan I called Bruce at AMD and paid a $1,950 deposit over the phone to reserve a AC DC Pro. He then offered me one of the dozen early sample games that he was air freighting out for the launch party. I decided not to get a sample game and wait for a later production game. I'm now glad I made this decison as the early games had the inserts in the famous Angus face YUK!!. The other reason I decided to wait is that I needed some more time to raise the $4,000 balance.

I must say that having never meet Bruce & the team @ AMD before their service throughout the whole process was fantastic!!  $#$

Well in mid April 2012 my AC DC pro arrived in the 1st container into Australia. The game was shipped within a few days of arrival. Attached to the box was a Lightning Bolt kit that AMD included as an extra.

Why did I purchase this title ?. Its always been a dream of mine to purchase a NIB pinball, I've always enjoyed the bands music PLUS I've allways said that if Stern where to make an AC DC pinball I would just have to have one!!.

This is one hell of pinball, only had 300 odd games on serial # 492 & ZERO faults!! My wife and 4 kids just love this game as well.

This title will remain in my collection for many many years. Attached is a few pics..

Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #1118 on: June 01, 2012, 06:46:18 PM »
A few more pics

Unboxed on 20th April 2012.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #1119 on: June 01, 2012, 06:54:29 PM »
Great story thanks for sharing it's a great title and magic pinball to play

Peter

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #1120 on: June 01, 2012, 07:58:14 PM »
Great story thanks for sharing it's a great title and magic pinball to play

Peter

Thanks Peter,

Yep this pinball rocks!!!, the playfield is super fast, just love the 2,3,4, ramp combos.

The sounds on this game are insane, the juke box rocks, war machine is the only song I've managed to play the entire song on 1 ball.

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #1121 on: June 01, 2012, 08:03:02 PM »
Well just thought I'd post my AC DC Pro story & pics

Like many other worldwide pinball collectors I was very excited when Stern announced in early Jan 2012 the release of the AC DC pinball machine. This title had been doing the rumours for many many years.

On the 10th of Jan I called Bruce at AMD and paid a $1,950 deposit over the phone to reserve a AC DC Pro. He then offered me one of the dozen early sample games that he was air freighting out for the launch party. I decided not to get a sample game and wait for a later production game. I'm now glad I made this decison as the early games had the inserts in the famous Angus face YUK!!. The other reason I decided to wait is that I needed some more time to raise the $4,000 balance.

I must say that having never meet Bruce & the team @ AMD before their service throughout the whole process was fantastic!!  $#$

Well in mid April 2012 my AC DC pro arrived in the 1st container into Australia. The game was shipped within a few days of arrival. Attached to the box was a Lightning Bolt kit that AMD included as an extra.

Why did I purchase this title ?. Its always been a dream of mine to purchase a NIB pinball, I've always enjoyed the bands music PLUS I've allways said that if Stern where to make an AC DC pinball I would just have to have one!!.

This is one hell of pinball, only had 300 odd games on serial # 492 & ZERO faults!! My wife and 4 kids just love this game as well.

This title will remain in my collection for many many years. Attached is a few pics..

Awesome score I think the pro looks the better game love the angus face and from what i hear a lot of guys prefer it as a player to the LE as they dont have to avoid the bottom playfield when choosing songs.good buying for the price too.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #1122 on: June 01, 2012, 08:05:07 PM »
Nice one Leon.  It is a great game glad I bit the bullet and ordered one I would have been spewing.

What ever happened to Cavey and his powder coated rails?  Did you end up getting that done Brett?

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #1123 on: June 01, 2012, 08:20:39 PM »

[/quote]
Awesome score I think the pro looks the better game love the angus face and from what i hear a lot of guys prefer it as a player to the LE as they dont have to avoid the bottom playfield when choosing songs.good buying for the price too.
[/quote]

+1, I have been playing a premium locally every weekend and avoid the hell songs.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Redback

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1124 on: June 01, 2012, 08:38:08 PM »
Did most buyers purchase direct from AMD?

Kind Regards,
Red
Found hobby, now need coin