Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 29392 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #705 on: April 20, 2012, 10:01:20 PM »
Caveys gone quiet.... no prizes for guessing he is in ACCA heaven

Offline silverball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #706 on: April 20, 2012, 11:08:56 PM »
Had 3 LE's on the back of my ute today. Delivered one to a mate and will unbox mine tomorrow. We unboxed mates BIB, much better in person,one of the best Stern's I have seen. Pro model is quite basic in comparison, extra dollars well worth spending.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #707 on: April 20, 2012, 11:30:42 PM »
From a eye candy point of view with the LE models having factory LEDs etc, I will partly agree with you somewhat, the Pro looks basic at first glance, BUT the PRO model has exactly the same directional shots everywhere on the playfield except the lower playfield. From that point of view there will always be 2 x camps or two points of view. One camp will say spend the extra $3300 and go the LE, the other camp will say save the $3300 and buy the PRO   . No one is right or wrong, its just personal preference. Both machines/versions are action packed. *Sorry Gav, i didnt expect to have the machine til monday, otherwise u would have been first on the list.lol  It was a last second rush to see if anyone could come at very late notice.lol

THANKYOU
I played the PRO tonight alot and want to thank Andy(Beaky) for helping me set up the machine, and also for fitting the Stern shaker motor.
Leon(V8racefan) was also able to pop past a bit later and have a few beers and play some Acca Dacca. Leons going home and will get to set up his own PRO tomorrow morning, so tonight was a prelude to his own unboxing. I will post a few photos tomorrow.

FINDINGS/GAMEPLAY
Nothing has changed since I played the PRO at AMD in Sydney except the game is better with more updates to the gameplay/dot matrix with the software upgrades. Steve Ritchies voice overs are excellent. The game is lightning fast, and i mean FAST. The music/audio is great, alot of fun.
Overall, I am very very happy, and anyone wanting to get the best of both worlds (BNIB machine, and stick to a budget) would be more than happy with the Pro. The game rocks. AND i might add, this game is no pushover, it is challenging, very challenging, you wont get bored of the Pro anytime soon at all.   If u want to add LEDs you can, but it doesnt feel like it is a must, but if u wanted the Pro to look like a LE you could add Leds if u really wanted to.

Overall, excellent machine.  I know anyone buying any version of the AC/DC machine will be very happy.  ^^^
Well done to all the people who waited patiently for their AC/DC machines.

A MASSIVE THANKYOU TO BRUCE FROM AMD for all the excellent service from day 1 of ordering, to the last step of sending the machine wrapped very very well. Great people to deal with.  ^^^ ^^^

BUILD QUALITY
my machine number underneath says machine number 393 of 500. So its a late build in the first 500. I expect Stern will sell alot more than 500 of the Pro model. Build quality is perfect, 100 percent perfect and not a spec out of place. Everything wrapped n strapped perfectly, everything works perfectly, build quality is excellent in every way. I am happily relieved !

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 11:47:35 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #708 on: April 20, 2012, 11:41:37 PM »
Some UN-boxing video from me and Troy(Genie)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #709 on: April 21, 2012, 12:11:43 AM »
From a eye candy point of view with the LE models having factory LEDs etc, I will partly agree with you somewhat, the Pro looks basic at first glance, BUT the PRO model has exactly the same directional shots everywhere on the playfield except the lower playfield. From that point of view there will always be 2 x camps or two points of view. One camp will say spend the extra $3300 and go the LE, the other camp will say save the $3300 and buy the PRO   . No one is right or wrong, its just personal preference. Both machines/versions are action packed. *Sorry Gav, i didnt expect to have the machine til monday, otherwise u would have been first on the list.lol  It was a last second rush to see if anyone could come at very late notice.lol

THANKYOU
I played the PRO tonight alot and want to thank Andy(Beaky) for helping me set up the machine, and also for fitting the Stern shaker motor.
Leon(V8racefan) was also able to pop past a bit later and have a few beers and play some Acca Dacca. Leons going home and will get to set up his own PRO tomorrow morning, so tonight was a prelude to his own unboxing. I will post a few photos tomorrow.

FINDINGS/GAMEPLAY
Nothing has changed since I played the PRO at AMD in Sydney except the game is better with more updates to the gameplay/dot matrix with the software upgrades. Steve Ritchies voice overs are excellent. The game is lightning fast, and i mean FAST. The music/audio is great, alot of fun.
Overall, I am very very happy, and anyone wanting to get the best of both worlds (BNIB machine, and stick to a budget) would be more than happy with the Pro. The game rocks. AND i might add, this game is no pushover, it is challenging, very challenging, you wont get bored of the Pro anytime soon at all.   If u want to add LEDs you can, but it doesnt feel like it is a must, but if u wanted the Pro to look like a LE you could add Leds if u really wanted to.

Overall, excellent machine.  I know anyone buying any version of the AC/DC machine will be very happy.  ^^^
Well done to all the people who waited patiently for their AC/DC machines.

A MASSIVE THANKYOU TO BRUCE FROM AMD for all the excellent service from day 1 of ordering, to the last step of sending the machine wrapped very very well. Great people to deal with.  ^^^ ^^^

BUILD QUALITY
my machine number underneath says machine number 393 of 500. So its a late build in the first 500. I expect Stern will sell alot more than 500 of the Pro model. Build quality is perfect, 100 percent perfect and not a spec out of place. Everything wrapped n strapped perfectly, everything works perfectly, build quality is excellent in every way. I am happily relieved !

All good mate... only pulling yer pud.. i will be down to have a crack at it though

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #710 on: April 21, 2012, 12:16:39 AM »
Well done Pete.
I can see u are very happy with it, so i am not going to ask if u are happy, more like HOW HUGELY HAPPY with it are you.lol  ^^^

(I cheated, I watched the stern video on how to unbox a machine factory style, but i didnt want to cut the box, so i did it basically the same way u guys did.lol)  I added the link for the factory way, but its no good if u dont want to cut your box to bits, so I improvised as well)

http://www.sternpinball.comwww.sternpinball.com/Media/Videos/instructional-series/unpacking-your-machine.aspx

Glad to see the videos u guys did. Does your wife like the machine ? Mine says thank god its here, she doesnt have to hear me counting down the days anymore.lol  Mine played it and said she didnt like it, she then played another 10 games and wouldnt get off it.lol  not bad for a machine she didnt like. I think she has changed her mind. I cant get a game in now.  %.%

No probs Gav, anytime mate.  ^^^ u r always welcome.  ^^^  now for another cold bourban and a few games with the music turned down since the kids are in bed.  %.% %.%
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:19:55 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #711 on: April 21, 2012, 12:20:28 AM »
Well done Pete.
I can see u are very happy with it, so i am not going to ask if u are happy, more like HOW HUGELY HAPPY with it are you.lol  ^^^

(I cheated, I watched the stern video on how to unbox a machine factory style, but i didnt want to cut the box, so i did it basically the same way u guys did.lol)

Glad to see the videos u guys did. Does your wife like the machine ? Mine says thank god its here, she doesnt have to hear me counting down the days anymore.lol  Mine played it and said she didnt like it, she then played another 10 games and wouldnt get off it.lol  not bad for a machine she didnt like. I think she has changed her mind. I cant get a game in now.  %.%

No probs Gav, anytime mate.  ^^^ u r always welcome.  ^^^  now for another cold bourban and a few games with the music turned down since the kids are in bed.  %.% %.%

Cheers Brett my wife's also happy its here at last lol yeah I kept my box intact to..

Peter

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #712 on: April 21, 2012, 01:50:29 AM »
Just finished a 3 hour session on my No.83 LE BIB!
This game rocks!
Would have to be the best in my collection of 8 HUO Sterns~!
As agreed by my 2 mates who absolutely loved  it!
This game looks and plays sensational in the flesh!
Congratulations to Stern and Steve Ritchie !
This pin will be the last to go if I had to sell!!!

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #713 on: April 21, 2012, 07:53:31 AM »
Just finished a 3 hour session on my No.83 LE BIB!
This game rocks!
Would have to be the best in my collection of 8 HUO Sterns~!
As agreed by my 2 mates who absolutely loved  it!
This game looks and plays sensational in the flesh!
Congratulations to Stern and Steve Ritchie !
This pin will be the last to go if I had to sell!!!

Congrats Steve.
SC.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #714 on: April 21, 2012, 08:47:33 AM »
Well done Steve   ^^^

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #715 on: April 21, 2012, 09:18:16 AM »
Excellent work guys with the videos so far and congrats to everyone who has one set up in their games room or lounge room this morning!

Great to see that Stern have put together a very good machine this time around. Pinball should be the winner.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #716 on: April 21, 2012, 10:32:34 AM »
Some pictures of Troy and I un boxing this gem,

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #717 on: April 21, 2012, 10:35:58 AM »
More

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #718 on: April 21, 2012, 10:40:54 AM »
Thanks for the videos and photos Pete looks awesome.  Now I might just go out to the shed and sulk  !!!

Enjoy it mate a ^^^

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #719 on: April 21, 2012, 02:24:19 PM »
I ve had to delay my un boxing today due to tenants, rental property dramas!! Not happy!
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.