Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 30745 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #330 on: March 05, 2012, 02:14:05 PM »
So are we looking at first week in April still for Pro's and LE's into Australia?

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #331 on: March 05, 2012, 02:28:05 PM »
Bruce from AMD says YES in a recent email to me and confirms container due ontime, barring any hassles/hold ups with Aust customs etc.  ^^^

(all machines for VIC,NSW,QLD etc go to AMD in Sydney for distribution).

Joes (kidswannahavefun) container(s) go straight to him from the USA.

Any machines airfreighted in, also always go to AMD for distribution also.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #332 on: March 05, 2012, 09:05:53 PM »
Cheers Brett thank

Peter

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #333 on: March 06, 2012, 07:16:49 AM »
A little Steve Ritchie update

March 11, 2012--PinGame Journal EXCLUSIVE --AC/DC LE UPDATE FROM STEVE RITCHIE! Here's another "almost live" update on AC/DC LE and Premium edition progress direct from Stern.

“It’s Sunday, the fourth of March at 4:52 pm and I’m here at Stern STILL WORKING! I want to leave no stone unturned to make these games their best. We have about 30 games built but they’re not finished yet. It’s now all about the little things: I’m designing red “horn” plastics to fit between the lower and upper playfields that will cover the LED so you don’t see the bare light in the horns. Also, I have been asking Lyman to make a mini golf shot using the Bell. Make the bell swing with the magnet and then entice the player to shoot the hole behind it.

You won't believe how cool the LE and Premiums look when they’re all lit up! Some people here have been saying that the game has the best lighting ever on a factory machine. There are more than 140 LEDs. We have established four general illumination zones and I have spread red, blue and white DOUBLE LEDs around the board, so the entire playfield can be red, white, blue or any combination, as well as lighting up the lower playfield (dare I say ... HELL?) all red or off. All zones have 100 dimness levels! I can’t wait until people get to see these games!"

http://www.pingamejournal.com/update/
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:22:07 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #334 on: March 06, 2012, 09:59:13 AM »
Sounds Great

I think it will look a lot better " in the flesh" than it does in the pics
I also think the game play will be unreal

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #335 on: March 06, 2012, 10:37:30 AM »
If there still designing plastics on the 4th March and only 30 built how are we going to see these the 1st week of April?

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #336 on: March 06, 2012, 10:51:35 AM »
LE turned on

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #337 on: March 06, 2012, 01:16:33 PM »
If there still designing plastics on the 4th March and only 30 built how are we going to see these the 1st week of April?

Peter

Better to get them 100% and a bit later
than getting them early and having probs

Look on the bright side :D

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #338 on: March 06, 2012, 01:46:51 PM »

Peter

Better to get them 100% and a bit later
than getting them early and having probs

Look on the bright side :D

I'm trying but I'm impatient lol

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #339 on: March 06, 2012, 04:54:48 PM »
HOT UPDATE   !!! !!!

Just got a email from Bruce AMD. and he got a email from Gary Stern,

THERE IS NOW a 2 x week delay in shipping of the containers due to the hold up with the LE machines ! It doesnt say specifically on Garys email, but Bruce has been advised of the short delay. Best they get it right before shipping. Machines look great.  (copy email from Gary below)

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

The response to all models of our AC/DC pinball machine has been overwhelming.  This is a great game with a great title, great music and great art, executed by 2 great designers - Steve Ritchie and Lyman Sheats.  I have attached some pictures of the AC/DC Limited Edition and Premium models, which I know you will agree are absolutely stunning.  
The first photo shows all three of these versions, with Let There Be Rock LE on the left, Premium in the center and Back in Black LE on the right.  The playfield photos represent all 3 of these versions, as the playfield is the same in each.

We have just completed production of our first batch of AC/DC Pro games.  We started production of AC/DC Limited Edition and Premium models this week.  As is normal practice, we are starting with Export models of the LE and Premium models.  We will make more AC/DC Pro over the next months, breaking into the LE and Premium production periodically.  We are working with our suppliers to increase our production rate.  At the current production rate, it will be late April before we fill all of our current orders.  All of our LE models are sold.  We will make some Premium and Pro's available for new orders during this production run.

We thank you in advance for your patience.

Best regards,
Gary

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 05:11:48 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #340 on: March 06, 2012, 07:56:17 PM »
Played it again today to gauge the audio, I asked to turn the sound up and they obliged, it does sound very good..... but...all you hear is acdc and associated pinball noises...ummm this is not a fair and proper gauge of a decent sound system..Maybe if you could plug some different DTS..SRD..SDDS feeds into it to get a real example of what the sound could do then I MIGHT feel differently but this does nothing to change my mind. It is a pinball machine not a theatre system.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:06:12 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #341 on: March 06, 2012, 08:36:11 PM »
your right, but for a pinball machine, it sounds as good as anything crystal clear coming from a stereo before you turn it up to silly levels. Pro owners will be happy, LE owners will be over the dam moon.  *%*

i think people will be happy having a machine cranked up to buggery in their house. put it this way, every basterd in my street will know when i am playing tyhe AC/DC machine.lol

(what shits me, is when the wife n kids go to bed, i will be regulated to turn it way down  !!! !!! !!! !!! !!!)

!@# !@#    who on here can now come up with the plug in headphone jack and bits n pieces for late night playing (Beaky to the rescue me thinks.lol)  %.%  ^^^ ^^^

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #342 on: March 06, 2012, 08:49:09 PM »
The one in Newcastle has the Sub and Shaker - it does sound good, clear and bassie, with the sub making a difference as I heard the other one at AMD without a sub though don't get me wrong this sounds very impressive as well. It stays clear when cranked but doubt it matches to a good home theatre system (sorry Cavey) as I have a Bose system connected to a NAD amp and it cranks.

But for all those getting a AC/DC Pro or better you will be stoked as for a pinball it's loud and clear.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #343 on: March 06, 2012, 09:11:31 PM »
I've played and heard it , off the bat its pretty good . If you want to blow $150 on sub go for it , other wise leave it stock and crank it up .

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #344 on: March 06, 2012, 10:49:06 PM »
At this stage, I cant see the need whatsoever to spend the $$ on any sub woofer for the machine. i think i saw a sub woofer for pinnys on ebay for $99 plus postge, but it just seems to be not even needed.  i think the games in the past (pre the ac/dc audio upgrade) could have benefited from the upgrade, but the ac/dc seems perfect already.

the LE got the extra, prob to just make it a bit better on paper, but adding a sub to the existing package is like adding a 2nd turbo to a ferrari, its already great to start with.  maybe the extra bass (boom boom) is worth it. never been a boom boom sort of guy.lol  but i am open minded. will have to see the premium when i pop in and see Bruce again when i fly down again when the premiums arrive.  i am really interested now in the lighting on the LE. is it just a matter of adding color changing leds, or is it a software upgrade on top of the Pro with the combo of LEds. Interesting. The blue will look t'riffic with the back in black.

its getting even better Pete(Gorgar).  ^^^