Author Topic: Price check JOKER POKER  (Read 758 times)

Offline silverball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Price check JOKER POKER
« on: January 23, 2012, 05:39:25 PM »
Opinions on price for Joker Poker. In cosmetically overall great condition, nice backgalss,playfield and cab. Underplayfield looks like brand new. Came with original manual,warranty certificates etc. Thinking about selling as is,untested, to make room for other recently purchased pins. Have never had a problem pricing a machine but this one????????? Have seen ones sell in lesser condition sell for over 2k,might take a chance on ebay.

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
Re: Price check JOKER POKER
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 05:47:33 PM »
I have a nice one also which cost me $2500 and i thought that was a good price.If i was selling mine i would not sell if i could not get back what i paid for it.This is my favourite game in my collection  ^^^.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 05:54:19 PM »
Tough one to price - for example, I won one on Ebay for $1500 or so a couple of years back, and the seller backed out because she got a local offer above what I won it for after the auction.  ^.^ That was non-working, decent condition. But that was back in the pre-GFC market I think.

I have seen two come up and disappear quickly a few years ago, presumably a nice offer was made.

Best playing system 1 around IMO, and outplays many titles of that era from any maker, if you like old school feel and drop targets.

Personally, as described $2,500.00 would be the minimum I would think if its that nice cosmetically.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 06:03:00 PM »
Condition sounds good... untested doesnt really matter as we can all fix em anyway... my main concern would be the displays.
I reckon its an easy $2200.. possible $2400

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 06:08:28 PM »
$50

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 06:10:50 PM »

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 06:16:05 PM »
You are a cruel cruel man Dave.  I have wanted a JP for years now but have no room and no $$$$$.  Don't want to swap for something do you?  :o)
Addicted to pins.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 06:59:46 PM »

Key to this title is the backglass. If it is mint - with the reds etc not washed out, then you have a starting price of $2000. If the playfield and plastics are in 8/10 condition overall, then you have a $2200 - $2500 machine. If the game is reconditioned and working 100% it should sell for $2400 - $2750 with an Pascal board.

It is the most collectible SYS1 Game, and in a buyers market you should get at least $2200 for a decent game.

Untested will significantly lower the price.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »
Untested will lower the end price.

Hasn't been one of these on evil for awhile.  Get it working and list at a high BIN with offer.

Great game.

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 07:30:19 PM »
The brief look I had at this machine at Dave's it looked in VGC. I know how tight he is for space. Good luck with pricing, I have no idea on this one.  Good opportunity for someone to snag a sought after title.

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 09:51:13 PM »
I brought this title in a container of selected and high quality pins and paid a premium price. Reds in backglass are rich and unfaded. This is the last machine left from that lot as it was always going to be a keeper. Unfortunately time and space is my main concern. Thanks for the replys, 2 -2.5k was my guess.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 10:33:12 PM »
I brought this title in a container of selected and high quality pins and paid a premium price. Reds in backglass are rich and unfaded. This is the last machine left from that lot as it was always going to be a keeper. Unfortunately time and space is my main concern. Thanks for the replys, 2 -2.5k was my guess.

Dave - What's the problem with the game ? Could be an easy fix  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 11:09:16 PM »
I saw 2 x sell privately in QLD, straight from a container in good condition, "as is" and the first one went for $1450, and the second went for $1850.

I would have thought that $1850 would be tops for this title, given some ramps and stuff that are usually not available cannot be purchased.

The market is not the best. $2400 would be full blown retail for restored and shopped. The playfield and general cabinet would have to be amazing. Ebay will give a realistic reflection of the market.

(post updated - wrong machines above for my pricing, so ignore my post altogether, i was thinking Jokerz which is a totally different machine)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:55:54 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 11:22:22 PM »
I saw 2 x sell privately in QLD, straight from a container in good condition, "as is" and the first one went for $1450, and the second went for $1850.

I would have thought that $1850 would be tops for this title, given some ramps and stuff that are usually not available cannot be purchased.

The market is not the best. $2400 would be full blown retail for restored and shopped. The playfield and general cabinet would have to be amazing. Ebay will give a realistic reflection of the market.

No ramps on this Joker Poker - doesn't effect gameplay though

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 11:25:48 PM »
huh...no ramps.  !@#

(post updated - wrong machines above for my pricing, so ignore my post altogether, i was thinking Jokerz which is a totally different machine)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:56:27 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !