Author Topic: Would Anyone Buy A Retro Looking New Pinball Machine?  (Read 1139 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Would Anyone Buy A Retro Looking New Pinball Machine?
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2012, 06:24:41 PM »
What if you had a early 80's style game but with a few settings some features could raise out of the playfield including a loop around ramp and loop around under the ramp ???? couple of linear actuators and away you go.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2012, 07:22:48 PM »
What if you had a early 80's style game but with a few settings some features could raise out of the playfield including a loop around ramp and loop around under the ramp ???? couple of linear actuators and away you go.

you describhred a zac machine lol

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2012, 08:01:47 PM »
I suppose I did when I think about it  %.%
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 02:18:06 PM »
Pinball News in-depth review of King Of Diamonds here: http://www.pinballnews.com/games/kingofdiamonds/index2.html

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2012, 01:18:15 AM »
LOVE IT ! this remake is ace ( well it appears that way ) bring oldskool to newskool is friggin AWESOME
 @@*
there ain't nuthin like the feel and play of an old EM machine . You must have at east one in ya collection .
Does any one no if an Aussie distributor is flogging these and if Retro Pinball are doing our voltages ?
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2012, 08:29:35 AM »
Been thinking more about this. Bear in mind the Gottlieb "Street Level" half dozen games back in the late eighties / early nineties. They were a return to no ramp games (ie everything at "street" level) and while most are fun, they were a big flop with players.

Not saying the market would react the same - Gottlieb were trying new themes, and here we're talking about old school themes - that's what makes it a better proposition.

I wonder if EM's are the way to go? Seems to me that the age group that first experienced all those nice flashy displays are about right to be cashed up to pay for a machine bought at the local Harvey Norman.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 09:23:09 AM »
Seems to me that the age group that first experienced all those nice flashy displays are about right to be cashed up to pay for a machine bought at the local Harvey Norman.

Don't you mean "ready to be stitched up with 20 years no payments, interest free" bollocks?? %.%
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2012, 10:06:53 AM »
Seems to me that the age  group that first experienced all those nice flashy displays are about right to be cashed up to pay for a machine bought at the local Harvey Norman.

Don't you mean "ready to be stitched up with 20 years no payments, interest free" bollocks?? %.%

Lol!! Iguess that is what l meant! @.@
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2012, 10:16:02 AM »
Im actually pretty impressed with the KOD from Retropinball, i like the way it operates and its overall simplicity very much. So much so that ive been in contact with them regarding this machine OR the next in line... At $3850USD and our exchange rate... this is good buying

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2012, 11:59:32 AM »
Im actually pretty impressed with the KOD from Retropinball, i like the way it operates and its overall simplicity very much. So much so that ive been in contact with them regarding this machine OR the next in line... At $3850USD and our exchange rate... this is good buying

What's the next one planned?

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2012, 12:12:58 PM »

What's the next one planned?

LOL- they are not saying... but they did put the question out of what EM collectors would like to see remade... whether it helped in the decision or not is another matter, as youd expect, many varied answers.