Author Topic: BUSHFIRE AID MEET & GREET  (Read 12188 times)

Offline coolspot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • traralgon vic
Re: BUSHFIRE AID MEET & GREET
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2009, 10:38:44 PM »

bloody busy all day

had  a ball

still going

think I need coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee &^& &^&

hey mark are you also going to list who won the raffle

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2009, 11:41:30 PM »
sum1 posting pics?

Offline Geoffh

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne Vic
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2009, 01:02:04 AM »
Marks got the pics I think

Just a thank you for all that attended

We raised just under $2000....well done people

Thank you again for your contributions

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2009, 01:11:19 AM »

Was a great afternoon / evening. The raffle prizes were UNREAL. I never win anything anyway  !!!

BIG thanks to the guys at Childs/RTBB/PSP that contributed to the event. It was a great afternoon.

I was really pleased to be able to play reconditioned machines such as ;

Medieval Madness
Cactus Canyon
Monster Bash
Indiana Jones
Junkyard

All in one place, all at one time.

Also great to talk with the members about all things pinball  ^^^

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2009, 01:17:37 AM »
Well done to the organisers, real sorry not to be able to make it. On the bright side had a great dinner with Mrs Pinnies4me.

Next time try and avoid 21 February and her birthday, 3 February. That gives you guys 11 months to choose from for the next get together!

Seriously, congrats to all who made this a success.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2009, 10:03:24 AM »
Well, a big thanks has to go out to Mark, Geoff, Greg, Tim, Andrew, and all others involved in putting this on. Honestly, it would have been a lot easier and cheaper for these guys just to have made a donation to the Red Cross and left it at that, but they went out of their way to allow the pinball community to join together to assist bushfire victims while having a whole heap of fun bashing away at pins and meeting other forum members. Congratulations for putting on a great event!! And well done to everyone who attended and contrubuted to the meet.

Some general comments:-

Having that many pins in the one place at the one time is just great. It was really fun to try out different machines, and the good thing for us was that there was always a couple spare even at the busiest times. I got there at 3pm and left at 11, with a bit of a dinner break in the middle, and I probably only played maybe 1/2 to 2/3 of the machines. (By the way, I didn't even go near the video games - no time for that!) This was partly due to my mate Bruce coming along and us battling it out for supremacy across a number of titles. The kids tried out a lot of different machines, and also had a go at the vids. They seemed to have a good time (got the wife to pick them up at around 5:30 so I could kick on).

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed some of the later titles such as LOTR, POTC and even Family Guy. This was the first time I had played them. Even got grand champion on one of the POTC (it was pretty low) so it was definitely a machine I got into. My feeling was that LOTR and POTC will turn into classics, not so sure about FG. Can't see myself ever owning either LOTR or POTC as the price range puts them out of reach for now, but if anyone has one and wants me to come over for an hour or two, I will be happy to have another bash at them.

Enjoyed Medieval Madness, Indiana Jones, couldn't get into Cactus Canyon. Safe Cracker was an interesting one, definitely something different; if I had understood the rules better I might have played it longer. I didn't enjoy TOTAN that much, mainly because I coudn't keep the ball alive long enough to do anything useful. Bit of a learning curve there. Played some of the older pins as well: I could see the allure of something like Hot Hand, relatively simple but enough there to be fun.

It was also good to meet a few from this forum and put faces to the names, as well as shoot the breeze for a while.

Raffle winners:

Prize A: TimC (drawn by myself)
Prize B: MartyM
Prize C: Me (yay! I think that is the first time I've ever won a raffle prize - usually I think of raffles as a donation)

Monster Raffle: TimC (drawn by Matthew aka Felixthadog)

Overall, had a fantastic time, just being able to play pinball for that long is a winner in itself! The variety of machines there made it even better; and it was great to be able to catch up with some of the other forum guys.

Really well done, guys, and a big thank you from me.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2009, 10:36:09 AM »
Great to hear it went well. Sorry I couldn't make it with some home renovations that can't wait. Thinking of moving soon. The AP meet I hope isn't too far away as the trip for me will be much longer if I move to the West. So c'mon Mark give us a date

Congrats to all the organizers of the event yesterday
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2009, 10:43:16 AM »
MartyM, they remembered to set aside the prize with the ramps you were looking for. Nice score there.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2009, 11:17:36 AM »
Great write up ajlaird, thanks for sharing.  #*#
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2009, 12:05:57 PM »

thanks Andrew

it was for a worthwile cause  and happy we are able to hand over some cash

special mention must got to

Tonty   thanks for sending us a cheque
James Pinball in   money and ramps   well  done mate
larry C  ( can talk underwater with marbles in his mouth)   another cash donation
ANdrew  for wining the first file of crap
Ang  for dropping in during the week and handing over cash towards the fund even though he couldnt make it.
1 buy  pinball stickers   too  thanks

my wife  SUE  who donated a $100.00 Village movie voucher to the Monster Raffle
Aussie Pinball for fully supporting the event 
and everyone else on the day for all the hard work and prizes
sorry if I missed anyone , it has been a long week

RTTB , PSP and CHild   would like to thank everyone that turned up

i would like to thank my staff for all the extra hours they did to get us over the line , still doing spot repairs on the night
even i did a quick fix on the MB

markc
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 12:11:12 PM by markc »

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2009, 12:09:54 PM »
Great to hear it went well. Sorry I couldn't make it with some home renovations that can't wait. Thinking of moving soon. The AP meet I hope isn't too far away as the trip for me will be much longer if I move to the West. So c'mon Mark give us a date

Congrats to all the organizers of the event yesterday

yes I did notice that you "God" was MIA, maybe next time

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2009, 12:14:24 PM »

i would like to thank my staff for all the extra hours they did to get us over the line , still doing spot repairs on the night

markc

yes you did

Andrew, Nino and myself stood outside laughing our arse's off watching you (moral support)

well done mate

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2009, 12:30:47 PM »

markc

yes you did

Andrew, Nino and myself stood outside laughing our arse's off watching you (moral support)

well done mate

That was one of the highlights for me. Once Mark noticed we "busted" him, he smiled and walked in the other direction as if he had not seen us !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2009, 12:34:16 PM »

BUT I FIXED IT  #*# #*# #*#

didnt i

Marty Machine

« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2009, 12:51:33 PM »
Hi All,

Yay! i won something, now i can justify getting a sore hand from writing all those raffle tickets....

Note to self: Only write my name/number on the ticket stub, NOT the tickets that i take home...ahem!
(nothing worse than writing your name/number twice!)

Have to say a BIG thanx to MarkC and crew, and all others involved in pulling the day together.
Besides having an awesome day of games games games, we can all feel warm'n'fuzzy for supporting "the greater cause" on the day.

I'm sure everyone will agree that the vibe on the floor was alive & buzzing, with enough noisy pins to make everyone raise their voices to talk to eachother.
It's great to try out such a wide varitey of pins, if anything, it'll help potential buyers write up their next shopping list as we now have a better feel for which pins are great (or not).

Thanx again !
MM.