Author Topic: gottlieb system 1 board?  (Read 512 times)

Offline mgjock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
gottlieb system 1 board?
« on: January 27, 2012, 10:34:01 PM »
anyone know where i can buy a system 1 board or one of those new replacement boards? everywhere i look have sold out. And the only ones i see are old original system 1 boards from from ebay usa for $140. anywhere i can look locally or where is best place usa if cannot source locally?

Offline mgjock

• Forum Posts:
gottlieb system 1 board
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 10:37:40 PM »
anyone know where i can buy a system 1 board or one of those new replacement boards? everywhere i look have sold out. And the only ones i see are old original system 1 boards from from ebay usa for $140. anywhere i can look locally or where is best place usa if cannot source locally?

or do i have to get my original system 1 mpu repaired and if so, does anyone do it cost effectively?

thanks

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: gottlieb system 1 board
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 10:40:44 PM »
I would get it repaired unless there is some major reason why you shouldn't?

Enlighten us, is is frizzled or just that it doesn't work?
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline mgjock

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 10:43:27 PM »
just doesn't work. some digits on display light up, but machine doesn't boot. i have check other parts and located it is something to do with mpu as other mpus make machine work.

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: gottlieb system 1 board?
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 10:55:20 PM »
get a pascal board from pascal janin

http://www.flippp.com/

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 10:55:59 PM »
Problem with GTB sys1 boards is mainly the spider chips.. these have been obsolete for years. The boards themselves were not diode protected and so a locked on coil etc would wash right up the line and fry the chip. Every other component on these boards can be sourced which makes them repairable so long as the spider chip isnt fried... if you manage to get it going then make sure you install some diodes to protect it...

I have a blown sys1 board here... bet the CPU chip is the one thats fried though

Offline mgjock

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 11:07:33 PM »
i don't know enough about pinballs and repairing boards. the inline filter fried so does that mean the chip on the board fried? lol

Offline mgjock

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 11:36:44 PM »
thanks.. they loog good. doesnt appear anywhere on their website to order? just email the owner?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 11:40:26 PM »

http://www.flippp.com/eboards.html

Pascal does a brilliant replacement board- mpu only, or a single board that replaces the mpu,  driver and power boards.  Personally I'd get the all in one. Makes an old game as reliable as a  been one,  and eliminatesproblems that the other boards may have.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 08:44:44 AM »
thanks.. they loog good. doesnt appear anywhere on their website to order? just email the owner?

Yes, his name is Pascal and is great to communicate with.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 09:35:44 AM »

Yes, his name is Pascal and is great to communicate with.
Yes Pascal is great and yes just email him.  If you really want no future troubles get the 4 in 1 board. This is the CPU, Power Supply, Driver and Sound Board all in one.  Only addition is "possibly" a sound board dependent on what game you have as the four in one only does the three tone chime.
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 09:45:24 AM »
Yes Pascal is great and yes just email him.  If you really want no future troubles get the 4 in 1 board. This is the CPU, Power Supply, Driver and Sound Board all in one.  Only addition is "possibly" a sound board dependent on what game you have as the four in one only does the three tone chime.

I recommend you get the extra board, its not that much extra, I think around $30 to $50, but it allows you to have the sounds from ANY game on your game, you wont be retricted to just 3 tone sounds.
This means for example you could have the sounds for Buck Rogers on your game if you wanted.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 10:11:57 AM »
Topics merged.