Author Topic: Gottlieb Hulk  (Read 231 times)

Offline mgjock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Gottlieb Hulk
« on: January 28, 2012, 01:56:56 AM »
I have a gottlieb hulk. Quite a few of the contacts are not working. Apart from the indivual contacts causing the problem, can it be related to a blown fuse or some other problem? As I think the indivual contacts are ok. Any heads up on what it could be other than the individual contacts? For example, both parallel ball shooters do not shoot the ball, all lanes do not score when ball goes down the lanes. The top lanes do not score either. Any ideas?

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Re: Gottlieb Hulk
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 09:03:30 AM »
System 1, is the mpu working?  Might be time for a replacement.

Do the ground mods and repin the connectors.

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 09:47:33 AM »
Connectors

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 11:50:40 AM »

I agree with earlier comments - connectors. There is also a diode for each switch 1N914 which are hard to find, but you can use fast switching diodes like 1N4148. Can either be these diodes, or the switch connector (switch matrix). There will most likely be fatigued pins in the connector.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline mgjock

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 06:09:02 PM »
it is not mpu board. i believe the damage was done after my inline filter fried and filled the the inside of the cabinet with smoke and soot. is it easy to check if its the connectors? is it easy to repair or replace connectors?

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 11:00:30 PM »
it is not mpu board. i believe the damage was done after my inline filter fried and filled the the inside of the cabinet with smoke and soot. is it easy to check if its the connectors? is it easy to repair or replace connectors?

Just pull of the connectors and check the pins for dirt or corrosion.
You might have to remove the board from the machine and clean the contacts, if they are only tarnished or dirty, then a regular white pencil eraser works great, if there is corrosion then you might need to use some wet rub 600 grit to clean the contacts.

You can get the new pins for the connectors from any electronics store such as Jaycar.