Author Topic: Stupidbowl  (Read 496 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Stupidbowl
« on: February 06, 2012, 10:31:14 AM »
I got invited to a Stupidbowl party, you have to be kidding me..that aint a game it's a shame...insipid, boring [Admin Edit] crap, I would rather watch paint dry!
There wasn't even any free piss on offer...byo... !!@'s
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:24:55 PM by Admin »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Stupidbowl
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 12:36:18 PM »

No interest from me as well. Gotta be a form of torture to watch the superbowl and bring your own grog   @@^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 12:51:17 PM »

No interest from me as well. Gotta be a form of torture to watch the superbowl and bring your own grog   @@^

Torture indeed.. *%*..it's bad enough having to endure nfl being tossed around in casual conversation, I cop it all the time but then to throw a party for it and go all wannabe [Admin Edit] ..guys I know are taking today and tomorrow off work to go nuts.....fk me...I don't know if I want to know them much longer. :lol
Throwing any sort of party( excpet kiddies partys) and not putting at least 1 carton of piss on is un-australian.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:19:04 PM by Admin »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 12:56:25 PM »
people actually watch this crap? nfl is about the most boring sport going. and i like cricket so that says allot about nfl. take the padding off those knobs and lets see how tough they really are i say and put them on the field with a few rugby union players
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:58:06 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 01:05:22 PM »
people actually watch this crap? nfl is about the most boring sport going. and i like cricket so that says allot about nfl. take the padding off those knobs and lets see how tough they really are i say and put them on the field with a few rugby union players
[Admin Edit] love it, it's their game so fair enough but I don't really understand the fascination some aussies have with this considering the top quality football codes we have on offer in this counrty. I'd rather watch the local u/8 league footy than nfl. :lol
Yep the league, union and afl boys would give them a good old touch up me thinks, they are all much tougher athletes and all of those codes are more exciting and less stop start than nfl.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:19:36 PM by Admin »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 02:52:41 PM »
with all the stop start they have, wonders how hard they would hit after being on the field in a league or union game after 80 mins of running and tackling, lol love to see one of these top nfl tacklers running into a wall of all blacks with no padding or hit by a scum of 5 blokes pushing for the line lol

i dot understand why they are even playing it on tv here, we have a bloody good local and international team codes right here, plus who really wants to watch a sport we aren't involved in, i can understand and ex pat from the usa interested in it, but yer its not that interesting to me.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:55:05 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 03:28:00 PM »
with all the stop start they have, wonders how hard they would hit after being on the field in a league or union game after 80 mins of running and tackling, lol love to see one of these top nfl tacklers running into a wall of all blacks with no padding or hit by a scum of 5 blokes pushing for the line lol

i dot understand why they are even playing it on tv here, we have a bloody good local and international team codes right here, plus who really wants to watch a sport we aren't involved in, i can understand and ex pat from the usa interested in it, but yer its not that interesting to me.

:lol
I doubt most of them could last a 40 full mins in a NRL match, they would get smacked all over the shop and run out of gas very very quickly.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 04:15:43 PM »

Quick comparison between Gridiron and AFL. When an AFL player is too slow, too old or generally lacks skill at the highest level, the door to an NFL career opens up.

In your rookie season, you earn more than your entire 10 year career in the AFL.

Gridiron is stop / start / reset / go to the toilet / make a sandwich then fall asleep. I'd rather watch netball.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 09:28:10 PM »
Have followed the NFL since 1990 ( avid Pittsburgh Steelers fan )  - REALLY enjoy it 80++% of the time.
Dream of going to a game over there one day but guess what - most stadiums have 10,000+++ ( some up to 80,000 - Green Bay Packers ) waiting lists for ( what we call ) home and away / season games.

You MUST understand most the rules to appreciate the game- YES it can be BORING - but some games are simply outstanding.
If you missed today's Superbowl ( just finished watching the recordered version from me good ole Tivo ) then you missed an absolute cracker - a tight game that went down to the last hail mary pass and could have gone either way in the last second. It was a good example of using the clock to your advantage, failing at that and having to defend in the last 35 seconds - a VERY good game today with some MASSIVE hits as well.

It is a game that can take ages to get your head into and it is unfair to try and draw any comparison to the ( great ) endless flowing and running game of AFL ( come-on you Swaneeees  ^^^ ) or the non stop brutality of the NRL ( which some also consider boring due to its endless and predictable hit 5 up and kick routines ) - NFL is an incredibly strategic game , I think what annoys most people is the time taken between plays, and the fact that a game can seem to take 17 days to end  :lol :lol :lol
DW Drums rule !

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 09:43:23 PM »
I'd rather watch netball.

Then I will make sure I take you to a game when next in Melbourne !
You can even wear a skirt  :lol
DW Drums rule !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 09:51:46 PM »

Ahhh when we were kids we would ride the pushies to the local netball courts and play "spot the box"  && - only time I have eva watched netball.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 09:57:41 PM »

Ahhh when we were kids we would ride the pushies to the local netball courts and play "spot the box"  && - only time I have eva watched netball.
#*# :lol
Brilliant!!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 08:50:38 AM »
Oh well this nonsense is over for another year but as we slowly become a psuedo state of the US I am in no doubt that like Halloween this will slowly seep into our culture.
For the record I understand the rules and I still can't get over the fact that in NFL there are touchdowns deliberately let in by the op defence to give them a tactical adv...... ((( Once you start doing rubbish like that you kill any form of quality and respect I have for a game.
Also you can run the ball on the last tackle in league if you like.... *)* Most people who dislike rugby league have never played it and lack the physical and mental toughness to do so.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 09:09:25 AM by Cow Corner »

Offline Redback

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 08:56:19 PM »
How does that differ than letting the ball go in for a point? In AFL

I would have loved to go to a Superbowl party, rather than being at work.

I have a copy of the game and may kick back with a cold one and enjoy.

(Some people cant afford the grog, if they are putting on food, you may have missed a great day out)

Red

Ps.  Always lots of grog here.  But we can afford and are social.
Found hobby, now need coin

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 09:01:24 PM »
How does that differ than letting the ball go in for a point? In AFL

I would have loved to go to a Superbowl party, rather than being at work.

I have a copy of the game and may kick back with a cold one and enjoy.

(Some people cant afford the grog, if they are putting on food, you may have missed a great day out)

Red

Ps.  Always lots of grog here.  But we can afford and are social.

Don't get me started on the AFL getting a point for missing a goal but it is a little different to LETTING a team score a TD in NFL.
Imagine QLD letting NSW in the origin... :lol..I can't either.
Nah they could afford the grog and there was only potato chips....just to lazy. glad I missed it!