Author Topic: DONGA IS BACK  (Read 429 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
DONGA IS BACK
« on: February 10, 2012, 06:40:25 PM »
First session back at the gym to try out the arms. Gave 'EM a real hammering with those 3kg dumbbells.  %.%

Couldn't help noticing a couple of young guys 16-18 yo I guess looking at me doing those small weights and having a bit of a smirk on their faces. I winked and told them I'm gay and come to the gym to look at nice fresh bodies.
Their facial expressions change to like they just ate a dog's turd.

Made my day.....now to see if I hurt tomorrow.

Needed to share as its been just over 6 months since I had a great day like this. Thanks ^&(
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: DONGA IS BACK
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 06:46:08 PM »

Thats good news, Rob. Now try to behave yourself ! Remember, you only need strong arms to play pinball  @@^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 09:57:39 PM »
Great news Rob hopefully your good to go.   As for the young guys that's a pissa smart little pricks won't smile at you again I bet.    Unless they like the cockmeat sandwhich  %.%

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 11:24:20 PM »
Detective Donga was the funny character that Paul Hogan used to play in his series. It was so dam funny.
In one scene, a lady calls to say the baby won't stop crying, so Detective Donga gave the baby a beer and then punched it to knock it out to shut it up.  @.@

That late seventies comedy isnt allowed on TV anymore, but is that where the Donga title came from or is it because you are like John Holmes with 14 inch's ? (dont answer that)

Nice move at the gym with those young blokes. That would have been a dam funny crack up 4 sure.  ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 11:24:05 PM »
now what would you have done if their faces lit up like Xmas trees instead.  :lol
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 10:33:36 AM »

now what would you have done if their faces lit up like Xmas trees instead.  :lol

:lol
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 07:18:40 PM »
Detective Donga was the funny character that Paul Hogan used to play in his series. It was so dam funny.
In one scene, a lady calls to say the baby won't stop crying, so Detective Donga gave the baby a beer and then punched it to knock it out to shut it up.  @.@

That late seventies comedy isnt allowed on TV anymore, but is that where the Donga title came from or is it because you are like John Holmes with 14 inch's ? (dont answer that)

Nice move at the gym with those young blokes. That would have been a dam funny crack up 4 sure.  ^^^ ^^^
Yep was referring to the Paul hogan skits

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 07:20:12 PM »
I'm guessing I'd be in hospital for another tear but in a different part of my body &^&

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 04:56:07 PM »
 *)* GOLD!

Good to hear you are on the mend mate  *%*

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 07:34:55 PM »
decided to get fit this year, and started newyears. Gave away alcohol, junk food, and started walking 2.5ks a day. Unfortuntley my body wasnt ready, and I have strained my left foot. It's killing me that I havent done a big walk in 2 days, exercise is addictive.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 07:45:54 PM »
welcome back EB (Greg) . Havent seen ya for ages. Yes, the 2012 new years resoloution is the same one I chose, lose some weight and live longer. I have lost apx 8 kg's in apx 3 weeks, so its going well.

Is 41 yrs too old for the gym ? all the young blokes looking over at the old Bull and laughing, until u lift a decent weight that the young blokes couldnt do.lol

I hope all the members on here who chose a 2012 new years resoloution to lose weight all get there and have fun along the way. !  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 08:03:56 PM »
welcome back EB (Greg) . Havent seen ya for ages. Yes, the 2012 new years resoloution is the same one I chose, lose some weight and live longer. I have lost apx 8 kg's in apx 3 weeks, so its going well.

Is 41 yrs too old for the gym ? all the young blokes looking over at the old Bull and laughing, until u lift a decent weight that the young blokes couldnt do.lol

I hope all the members on here who chose a 2012 new years resoloution to lose weight all get there and have fun along the way. !  ^^^
Did some of my best sessions in my early 40's burning 1000 cals a session 6-7 days a week and maybe a jog as a second session. Didnt lose weight but built lots of muscle and ate more than a small family. Just don't over do it in the beginning. I walked first and light weights, then tried jogging for a minute or two then walk etc etc.

Build up to it and throw away pulling the big weights until you are sure you got the form right. The tendons I snapped the surgeon told me were very frayed due to wear and tear before the accident. I know that was due to preacher curls at insane weights where I could feel the rips but thought I could quickly bulk up the biceps. Now they're sewn up nice and tight again I won't be trying to show off to the young guys. good luck with getting healthy though  %$%

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 08:11:57 PM »
decided to get fit this year, and started newyears. Gave away alcohol, junk food, and started walking 2.5ks a day. Unfortuntley my body wasnt ready, and I have strained my left foot. It's killing me that I havent done a big walk in 2 days, exercise is addictive.
It's a bit late but get yourself some good sports shoes. There are places that check out how you plant your feet etc and can recommend the right gear. Those light grey inserts on the side of the soles aren't for looks but for different support etc. rest the foot and you'll be back at it sooner than continually injuring something not quite healed. I've waited 7 months to pull 3kg weights but it's better than doing 20kg and another $5k operation

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 08:15:27 PM »
yep, bought some new shoes today, and just wearing them for a few hours has helped with the pain. My old shoes were old, its prob them that caused it.