Author Topic: Main line fuses  (Read 239 times)

Offline andtan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
Main line fuses
« on: February 12, 2012, 10:18:01 PM »
I decided the other day that it was about time I ordered some spares for my recently acquired pin, seeing that I had diddly-squat in the spares dept.

As Murphy’s Law would have it, within 24hrs of placing an order for some fuse with Homepin, I turned my DE Tommy on only to find not so much as a peep, or light to be seen anywhere. I narrowed it down to a blown main line fuse which was on the neutral line (I'm still unsure what caused it to blow as the new fuse hasn't blown), but here is where I am a little confused.  ^&^

Most references to main line fuses (regardless of make) seem to indicate that there should only be one main line fuse in the cabinet - which should be on the active line before the line filter. Mine however has two fuses, one on the active line, and one on the neutral line (both are 4Amp 250V slo-blo as per the manual).

Should there be a fuse on the neutral line, and more importantly does it matter if it does? !@#

The pin was originally a Spain delivered pin, the varistor is in place, and the service outlet has previously been removed. Is is possible that Spain required fuses on both lines, or could the second fuse have been for the service outlet and has since been modified?

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: Main line fuses
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 12:57:27 AM »
I have a Australian delivered Data East LAH here and it also has two main fuses, one on neutral and one on the active. It looks like the norm for that generation of data east.   
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline andtan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 07:50:34 AM »
Thanks Beaky,

Seems that the manuals aren't always as acurate as one would expect *.*. In this case I reckon I'll just leave things as they are.

Cheers,

Andy

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 09:33:19 AM »

The Tales From the Crypt that I'm working on has only one fuse. 8Amp Slo Blo for USA (110-115V) and 4A Slo Blo for (220-240V).
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia