Author Topic: Jukebox ideas  (Read 1558 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Jukebox ideas
« on: April 05, 2012, 01:47:17 PM »
A guy I work with is opening a coffee shop and wants a 50's feel now he asked me about jukes he's after a wurlitzer type I suggested a CD one as there less likely to break down,  but look the same any thoughts he's willing to spend around 6k and is in Melbourne, I love the 50's glass ones where you can see the turntable but wonder if there reliable.

Peter

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Jukebox ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 06:31:12 PM »

Jukes are back in vogue. Especially 50's and 60's Jukes. They are expensive to buy and maintain. You can get manuals and parts from the USA. It is a bit like pinball was in the 90's - parts and info are hard to locate.

Valve amps are simply the best. I love the sound of an old juke playing a 45.

Unless you buy an old Juke and have someone that is familiar with the Juke, then steer away from the old style Jukes. They are better than the CD Jukes, but CD Jukes are easier to maintain and you can always play new tunes. With older Jukes, you are restricted to 45's - so you will be listening to mid 90's music and earlier.

There are Wurlitzer CD players in the style of the old Jukes. They still look cool. I prefer AMI Continental II, but they don't have CD style and an original will set you back $6000 restored.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: Jukebox ideas
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 09:44:24 PM »

Jukes are back in vogue. Especially 50's and 60's Jukes. They are expensive to buy and maintain. You can get manuals and parts from the USA. It is a bit like pinball was in the 90's - parts and info are hard to locate.

Valve amps are simply the best. I love the sound of an old juke playing a 45.

Unless you buy an old Juke and have someone that is familiar with the Juke, then steer away from the old style Jukes. They are better than the CD Jukes, but CD Jukes are easier to maintain and you can always play new tunes. With older Jukes, you are restricted to 45's - so you will be listening to mid 90's music and earlier.

There are Wurlitzer CD players in the style of the old Jukes. They still look cool. I prefer AMI Continental II, but they don't have CD style and an original will set you back $6000 restored.

Cheers Nino bumper have some good second hand cd wirlitzer jukes so I'll point him in there direction :) they will deliver and setup for him so perfect really.

Peter