Author Topic: Besides pinball machines what else do members here collect???  (Read 1323 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
I collect anything coin operated, Petrol related, Barware, Coke and anything unusual.  In the petrol department i have 2 old bowsers 3 hiboy oil pumps and heaps of bottles and tins etc. Barware i have a heap of advert mirrors etc and my most unusuall think i have is an 1970s Voice box which really creeps people out specially when they dont know i can talk normally lol

Offline indazone gav

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
I have a huge collection of empty Beer bottles. The local scouts love me :lol

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
I collect anything coin operated, Petrol related, Barware, Coke and anything unusual.  In the petrol department i have 2 old bowsers 3 hiboy oil pumps and heaps of bottles and tins etc. Barware i have a heap of advert mirrors etc and my most unusuall think i have is an 1970s Voice box which really creeps people out specially when they dont know i can talk normally lol

mate you collect a HQ monaro for the last  20 years   NOW FIX IT   or give it to me

I will be down with mine very soon

how was the honey moon  ?
congrats  mate  
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 09:00:37 PM by markc »

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
I have a huge collection of empty Beer bottles. The local scouts love me :lol

do they take JW ones  too ??

Offline indazone gav

• Forum Posts:
Yep, I normally sneak a few of them in. JD too

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Lol Yeah honey moon was great except there were only 2 pinballs on the island and one was out of order. Ive only had it for 10 years lol im only 27.   But one thing im not happy about was the wedding photographer didnt have time to take photos of the missus with the pinballs so once the dress gets back from the dry cleaners ill take one myself.  But here is a picture of a fat man in a suit to give you a laugh

Offline vinito

• Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
I have the largest collection of "mid-era" items of anybody I know. "Mid-era" means not bought when first unveiled and also not an antique.

Since buying things that are on the bleeding edge of being technological advancement cost tons more than they do a couple years later, I just wait the year or few for the price to drop and spend the savings on other stuff, like bread and milk, etc. There is a constant flow of things that used to be the hot, new thing and is just now being offered dirt cheap. I just time it so I'm on the back side of the wave. Plus, I don't hang out with young people so the stuff is still new and cool to me. &&

I have a few antiques, but that's just because I bought it at the time described above and I'm old enough that it qualifies to be an antique now.

At first I wasn't going to reply to this thread because I don't consider myself a collector, but there is so much stuff in my house that sometimes it's hard to walk from one end to the other without serious zig-zagging, so I reconsidered because I obviously collect stuff. It's just more subtle and less focused.

Honestly though, I used to try to collect things when I was younger, but because a couple siblings occasionally and repeatedly spent phases with expensive habits, anything anybody owned that had any value ended up "mysteriously" disappearing eventually, so I kind of lost interest in even trying and I still don't have much interest in having a collection of anything. I don't mind having a few pins though because they are very difficult to sneak out of the house without being seen.  *%*
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
More Gold!!  @@* You crack me up Vinito!   *)*

Offline McFly

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Do not have much time to collect much at the moment but i use to collect Bottles of spirits for our bar. We would have just the standard bottles that you get from the bottle shop that you could drink but then we would keep things like Johnny walker black and red in 5lt cradles and 700ml bottles of Blue, Silver and green etc. Rum that is pre aged for 18 years, Jamaican rum that is 70%, Absinth Vodkas and all of that stuff you generally would not open and drink but once you have kids you will drink anything so a lot of it is gone now. I have still kept a 40 yr bottle of JW Black that my Dad gave me and 1 bottle of Distillers no3 Bundaberg Rum no 187 of 1000. When Distillers number 3 was released the first 1000 bottles had serial numbers and a collector number on the back of the bottle. We did have two of them (186) but sold one. No one can tell me what it is worth as they were only released internally into Bundaberg Rum LTD..
We still have some absinth vodka, one of the jamaican rums and a six pack of Millenium Year 2000 Crown larger stubbies but i dont think they would taste too good if you cracked one open..

Other than that and some arcade machines i collect F ALL.. <..>

Offline pinballnz

• Forum Posts:
  • New Zealand
    • Pinball NZ
I have a Chicago Coin Speedway driving game and a Chicago Coin Carnival rifle game. Have about 15 wall mounted arcade games like flipball, bomb the tank, golf hazard , booze o meter etc 1940's pokie machine.

Marty Machine

I have about 15 wall mounted arcade games like flipball, bomb the tank, golf hazard , booze o meter etc 1940's pokie machine.

Howdy Pinballnz,
Do you have pics of your wall games?
I used to play a wall mount golf game, just wondering if it's "Golf Hazard" where you use side flippers to navigate a 2c coin along the Golf Course without losing it into the holes.

MM.

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
I have a Chicago Coin Speedway driving game and a Chicago Coin Carnival rifle game. Have about 15 wall mounted arcade games like flipball, bomb the tank, golf hazard , booze o meter etc 1940's pokie machine.

I have a good mate in the south island that has 20 - 30 of those wall games, yes photos would be good  #*# #*#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
being a typical muso i have a fair few guitars and guitar amplifiers... like about a dozen guitars and eight amps!! so i guess that qualifies as the start of another collection :lol
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 10:44:40 AM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
being a typical muso i have a fair few guitars and guitar amplifiers... like about a dozen guitars and eight amps!! so i guess that qualifies as the start of another collection :lol

Lol, probably like me - guitars are to be bought, but never sold! Although just last night my nephew proudly showed me a nice Godin electric that he has restored to immaculate condition - I told him that is a nice guitar, wouldn't mind that in my collection (I also have a Godin synth guitar among others), when he reminded me that I gave it to him about 10 years ago to learn on! Must have been more generous in my younger days than I remember!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW

Lol, probably like me - guitars are to be bought, but never sold! 

lol.. same here, though the only guitars i ever sold were a couple of cheap ones.. ie worth $300 or less. I have a nephew who is learning guitar and he is determined that i have to leave my Fender Strats to him in my will.. lol

Funny how you say guitars are to be bought and never sold.. well i've NEVER sold any pinball ive ever bought!!