Author Topic: Besides pinball machines what else do members here collect???  (Read 1324 times)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Besides pinball machines what else do members here collect???
« on: February 23, 2009, 10:29:58 PM »
Just thought I'd post this topic to see what other pinheads here collect???, most of us here do consider ourselves as collectors, so what else compliments your pinball collection??

I've collected 43rd scale diecast model cars since 1996, mostly v8 supercar holden models, peter brock diecast, bathurst and v8supercar race programmes.

No words discribe the feelings of adding new pieces to my collections, especially pieces that you've been chasing for a long long time. The fun of collecting will never end!!!

post your other collections   
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
I collect little snippets of abuse from the Mrs for spending too much time on the pinballs and on the net !!
No - I collect nothing else.

As daggy as it seems I have always 'thought' of setting up a small glass case of selected horror movie action figures and The Warriors figures , but I cant bring myself to do it. !@)

DW Drums rule !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
LOL!!! Anything coin operated!

I have a few gum machines by Stoner etc from 30's and 40's. I want a TV that is coin op also a PULVER gum machine.... if its coin op - im interested!

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Gavin, have you got any coin-op kiddie rides?????

I have an old space rocket, runs on a old washing machine motor, has the cool wringer sounds!!
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

I used to collect KISS memorabilia. I think I have around $30K of collectible from the 70's (First EVER KISS T-Shirt / Kiss Ice Cream wrapper), right up to around 1999 (Mint condition SOLO albums signed by original members and all tour books). I have of course 2 Kiss pins in the garage !

I think it will mostly be sold in the near future t feed my pin addiction.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Duckman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
I collect fantasy knives and swords, i have some modeled on medusa, one on H.R Geiger's alien, Plus the Fang of plus other styles.

All from united cutlery, Kit Rae, not the cheap crap from the markets. ^^^

Marty Machine

Umm, i own Australia's largest 1970/1980's BMX museum  &&
I have 200+ bikes & 1000's parts/clothing/stickers, being an ex champ myself ('83).

www.retro-riders.com

Besides BMX, i collect my old childhood toys, cereal toys, Mad Magazines, Soldiers, CB Radio's, and ship loads too much more....

It's almost time to cash in on most of it and buy a house or 2.....or a lotta pins ;-)

MM.

PS. i used to make fantasy swords....small world.  !*!

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Yes, I collect VZ200 and VZ300 computers plus associated peripherals and newsletters and magazine articles.

It's bigger than my pinball collection (but also a bit cheaper to build up).

Marty Machine

hahahaha, i didn't even think to mention my retro pc's and tv games/handhelds stuff....
VZ's, microbees, atari's, apple 2's, dick smith, hanimex, sheen, tandy all all the rest  #*#

Luv the vz200/300's....wish i still had my old rtty setup.
MM.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
hahahaha, i didn't even think to mention my retro pc's and tv games/handhelds stuff....
VZ's, microbees, atari's, apple 2's, dick smith, hanimex, sheen, tandy all all the rest  #*#

Luv the vz200/300's....wish i still had my old rtty setup.
MM.

Unfortunately I don't have an RTTY kit in my collection - will have to come over and see what you have some time.

The VZ200 was my first computer. It became cheap enough for me to buy, which was great. Good learning computer.

Offline Ric

• Forum Posts:
Music - LP's were before Pinnies and I still have crates of records although having recently started reading Record Colelctor magazineI  realise I am no-where near the type of "serious collector" that is out there

I also collect anything horror movie related and NFL gear, especially helmets.

I also like any old-school console stuff and always on the hunt for related items

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
I have all the 1:18 Die cast models in the Biante Peter Brock collection, most were signed before he past.
RIP BROCKY

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
I have all the 1:18 Die cast models in the Biante Peter Brock collection, most were signed before he past.
RIP BROCKY

Yep I have most of the 1:18 PB collection, I haven't got the latest VK brock/perkins commodore.

Great work getting all them signed, they will be worth some big $$$ now

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
RIP BROCKY

Yep I have most of the 1:18 PB collection, I haven't got the latest VK brock/perkins commodore.

Great work getting all them signed, they will be worth some big $$$ now

Sorry mate, I have given you a bum steer.  Although I met Peter a couple of times and have a couple of posters signed by him, I was refering to the Certificate of authenticity that comes with the models, which almost all are signed by Peter.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
My wife managed to get a poster signed by Peter Brock for my brother who is in the racing car scene, but as he is a Ford fan I am not sure if he kept it.