Author Topic: GTB AMAZING SPIDERMAN  (Read 855 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: GTB AMAZING SPIDERMAN
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 11:45:22 PM »
Outstanding job Gav, looks really good mate!
The bull ant will now make it a LE machine for sure... :lol
I have never even seen one of these spideys in the flesh let alone played one... the artwork is excellent and is a very true representation of the comic books.
It looks like a cracking game.

Gordon morrison did an amzing job with the artwork on this machine.. true to original artwork and classic pop art/ comic book style.  have to say that i have really enjoyed repainting Spiderman and all his enemies... very few straight lines in this playfield which allowed me to do a lot of free hand black line work which i love to do.. skills i dont often use in playfield restoration... this has been by far my favourite PF to repaint, had real enthusiasm to keep going.
problem is that the PF now looks so good, the cabinet looks bloody awful.. you know where im going next....LOL

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 12:03:09 AM »
Ohh wow, what can i say? that is amazing work. unreal it boggles my brain these sort of skills
seeing some of this sort of thing being done here, im almost tempted to buy a dodgy old random playfield and and try and learn how to do a few things, im sure id stuff it up but might get a few bits right maybe.
I might ask for some advice at some point.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:08:18 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 12:36:14 AM »
Ohh wow, what can i say? that is amazing work. unreal it boggles my brain these sort of skills
seeing some of this sort of thing being done here, im almost tempted to buy a dodgy old random playfield and and try and learn how to do a few things, im sure id stuff it up but might get a few bits right maybe.
I might ask for some advice at some point.

Go for it.. its how i started but with a lot of trial and error along the way. I dont take on anyone elses work anymore for various reasons, but to counteract that, i am l more than willing to share any technique i know.. if i find a better one, ill share that too... ask any question you like. restoration is going to be a major part of the future of pinball..ive been doing it for 20 years and i post these threads so others can realise that good results are within reach for anyone... time...patience and a few tips will make good results. Golden rule is that any restoration is done with whispers not shouts.. retain what you can and improve whats necessary... be gentle.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 12:46:17 AM »
cheers, what is the best paints to start with? ive had plenty of experience with painting cars, but as you know only part of that which would be usefull to me is having a bit of understanding of paints, and thats about it i would imagine, as this is small scale and a hell of allot fiddly, is airbrushing the best way to go?

bugger it ive decided im going to buy an old play-field, this is inspirational stuff. ill be interested to see how badly i stuff it up, but as you said thats the best way to learn.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:47:55 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012, 01:24:08 AM »
By far enamels are the easiest to mix as red + blue = purple. problem is thta they take sooo log to dry and so progress is slow. if colour matching then straight acrylic can be painful as it dries darker and so you need to mix to a dry rather than whats in the mix jar. I use a lot of acrylic lacquer.. its amost true to colour once dried but mixing os completely different.. you need lots of tints as red + blue dont make purple, it makes a shitty brown.
 For a single PF and for ease of use then go buy lots of Humbrol enamel small tiins..... i love these.. quality paints thta miox well and what you mix stays true when dried.
For quicker dry.. then something like Tamiya acylic is really nice to work with.. almost true to colour.. dries slightly darker.,
Which ever way you go doesnt matter....its what works for you.. all will need to be sealed though.. be it a polurathane or CC

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 11:17:33 AM »
Awesome job mate  ^^^

Offline thefasteddy69

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Southern Highlands
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 04:16:39 PM »
That is very very nice. Great work!

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 12:58:49 PM »
Outstanding work again Gav! Luckily the Bull ant got trapped on a black line  %.%
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2012, 01:04:44 PM »
Outstanding work again Gav! Luckily the Bull ant got trapped on a black line  %.%

Dug that bugger out!!!
Then put a drop of clear over the top... is slightly raised but better than a bull ant.
Had it been a spider, i may have kept it..LOL

Offline faza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 06:14:30 PM »
Absolutely brilliant Gav anyone who can touch up a playfield like that is truly talented.
At least the ant had the decency to die on a black line. @@*