Author Topic: Pinball whims  (Read 889 times)

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Pinball whims
« on: April 20, 2012, 12:53:40 AM »
Hi all,
I have a great pinball collection and feel privileged at the number of machines I have gathered in the last three years, but like most of you I'm guessing, I always want more. I have a definite list of machines I want to one day own, but I also have pinball whims from week to week, or moth to month where I could want something one minute, then it gets forgotten about in time. Just wondering who else suffers from this affliction?

I have wanted a South Park machine as a keeper after I got back from my America trip, but in the past week, my pinball whim has been the X-Files. It's rated as a fairly average machine, but for some unknown reason I have to play it now. I'll find myself watching videos on YouTube or looking at it on ipdb.

Interested to hear about your pinball whims.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Pinball whims
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 09:42:10 AM »

I always want more and I never grow tired of trying games I have not played before. For the past 6 months, I've really wanted to play Stern CSI. A really great playing machine. A little different, but very challenging. At the other end of the spectrum, I'm looking forward to owning a Woodrail or two.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 10:02:18 AM »
I've lost count of the number of games I've thought I wanted over the past 6 years I've been collecting  %.%

I have also bought a few games on a whim, never having played them .. some of those I still have, some I've moved on .

I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 01:33:12 PM »
X Files plays very very fast and locking balls in the filing cabinet to get multiball is a great feature of this game. Also, u get to shoot the trapdoor on the playfield, and if u study the playfield, the graphics are way cool with lots of interesting items u dont see straight away like a glowing cigarette and other alien type stuff. During the game, the alien from Area 51 is also smoking a cigarette on the dot matrix etc, and it has some really fun stuff.

I can se why u are thinking seriously about one. Just make sure you add the latest romsw to it, or get Beaky(Andy) to make u a set.

Also, I always study IPDB and watch youtube videos, and study everything and anything once i set my sights on a pinball i want to buy. So i have the same affliction u have, which is a good thing.lol

Mr Doctor says collecting pinball machines is great for your health ! (thats what i tell the wife anyway)  $#$
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 07:01:58 PM »
There have been three machines which i bought on a whim, simply because they were there to be had, and not because they were ones i really wanted...

Stern Lectronamo, Gtb Quick Draw and Zaccaria Universe. All three were slated to be sold off first if i ever decided to downsize or to fund another pin purchase.

Lectronamo has been sold, and Quick Draw was swapped for another wishlist pin.

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 12:11:18 AM »
Good to hear everyone's stories. Now I need to devise a scheme of making more money to fund pinball machines! That is the hardest part with paying off a mortgage.

Cheers!
Adam.