Author Topic: Ac/dc PREMIUM OR PRO  (Read 657 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Ac/dc PREMIUM OR PRO
« on: April 21, 2012, 11:13:17 PM »
Im faced with a dilemma I was very happy with the look of the pro pinball but having to wait for a pro or I can buy a premium now
 I've actuall had a good look at the premium and compared the two.

I like some of the premium extras but some I don't???   

I like the drops.  Like the newton bell and like the extra ball track but I don't like the back glass or lower PLAYFIELD and can't say I really like the red rails and lock bars

Would it be wrong if I bought a premium And put a pro translight in it?

^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
Re: Ac/dc PREMIUM OR PRO
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 11:23:52 PM »
dan,you could probally put together a bitza,to your spec in a few years time.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 11:30:58 PM »
Its yours mate.. have it how you want it

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 11:53:48 PM »
It's a bloody tuff decision to me that ugly angus head screams ac/dc  but I love drop targets and the pendulum bell kiks ass.  The train does nothing or me I have the cash for either but spending extra for a couple of thing I like and a heap of things I don't visually like.  Specially when in a few weeks it will be a work bench and I'll only see the backglass lol

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 11:58:34 PM »
Specially when in a few weeks it will be a work bench and I'll only see the backglass lol

LOL- im  not alone then

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 12:18:48 AM »
if you decide on a Premium i would spend the extra cash and get an LE
or just buy the PRo and be done with it, good bang for buck value 

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 12:36:16 AM »
What it gets down to is whether u want to spend the extra $2200 or the extra $3300 on the Premium or the LE.

The way I looked at it, was that the $3000 saving would buy half of the next brand new Stern title coming out that i liked.

The AC/DC pinball is about the look n feel and the music. With the Pro u get the look, the acca dacca feel and the music.
Remember the Pro is lightning FAST to play, sometimes i think too bloody fast, it is very very challenging. I am imagining the Premium/LE might be only 10 to 15 percent behind it with the drops slowing things down a little only, some would say not at all. The lower playfield adds a extra nice touch. Its nothing huge, but you cant deny it does add something very different.

The Premium/LE is more eye candy, I have to give you that, it is beautiful with the red lockdown bar, and the extra red stuff, plus the factory colour changing LEDs etc. Beautiful machines they all are.

MATE, U MUST PLAY BOTH since u are in the box seat. PLAY BOTH AND DONT SPEND A CENT TIL U PLAY BOTH FOR AT LEAST HALF AN HOUR EACH.

If you are only going to buy one BNIB Stern only for the rest of your days, lean towards the PREMIUM,  If u want to save a dollar for your next purchase/pinny, the savings with a PRO will buy your next pinball.  PLAY BOTH MACHINES and come back n tell us what u think.

I LOVE MY PRO , bloody beautiful fast machine, would i like a LE or Premium to sit next to it, HELL YES !   ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 12:38:51 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 12:50:52 AM »
Premium by far 100%

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 01:04:07 AM »
I look at the pro and think that's ac/dc look at the premium and it does nothing for me just doesn't grab me.  I think I'll just wait for the pro.   I have my eye on a really old EM that would more than fill the void of the drop targets and pendulum bell

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 03:26:59 AM »
It is hard, either way  you go it is a big chunk of cash tied up in one game

If I was buying one, I would get the Premium
I like the translight on this one the most
I thought Stern did a good job with the LE's, but niether are right for me. Plus, $9000 + is a lot of money

You can put an ABBA tranlight in it if you want

I suppose if I was a fan, I would get a second translight in the hopes of geting it autographed, THEN I would have the ultimate limited edition
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:30:13 AM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline indazone gav

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 11:24:14 AM »
Im faced with a dilemma I was very happy with the look of the pro pinball but having to wait for a pro or I can buy a premium now
 I've actuall had a good look at the premium and compared the two.

I like some of the premium extras but some I don't???   

I like the drops.  Like the newton bell and like the extra ball track but I don't like the back glass or lower PLAYFIELD and can't say I really like the red rails and lock bars

^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^

I am in the same place as you. I've palyed the pro and I think it is great and good value, but the extra features of the premium are hard to resist but are they worth the extra cash. Oh I do love that bell. ^&^

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 11:37:41 AM »
Premium by far 100%

drop targets rule
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 12:09:51 PM »
Premium by a mile also $#$

Peter

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 01:55:06 PM »
Buy a pro then you can customize it yourself, i personally cant comment on premium as i havent played one yet.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 05:00:49 PM »
It all comes down to personal opinion I suppose. My Pro arrives in the May container and I'm yet to play it, but really like the translite and have grown to love the "ugly" Angus head. As Brett said, if you're on the fence, that extra $3000 you save could go to another machine....Alternatively, you could buy a more expensive model and then sell it down the track if you weren't 100% happy. Not sure how you'd feel downgrading to the Pro after owning a Premium or LE though?

I was reading somewhere about an idea to put drop targets in the Pro machine. Was I dreaming this?

Cheers!
Adam.