Author Topic: Custom Pinball - Cad Blocks (submit & copy here)  (Read 1872 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Custom Pinball - Cad Blocks (submit & copy here)
« on: April 22, 2012, 01:47:36 PM »
I know this is a subject where alot of people say - too much work, but I enjoy designing and would love to design my own machine. I am experienced in cad but since I haven't started yet I thought life could be a little easier instead of re-inventing the wheel in the way of cad drawn parts.

So as I haven't started yet, does anyone know of or have any cad blocks for 90's Bally / Williams parts like flipper assemblies, slingshots assemblies, drop target assemblies, SS lane guides, pop bumper assemblies etc. Having blocks that have the top parts in solid lines, under playfield parts for the same assembly as say dotted lines and playfield machined holes as another designated feature / colour.

Not to say if anyone wants to add, Gottlieb or Stern components please feel free to add.

I haven't got anything to start but will do so soon.

Thanks for your help in advance.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Custom Pinball - Cad Blocks (submit & copy here)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 02:47:23 PM »
Swinksy, I always thought the easiest way to do a custom pinball, is to find a basic machine like a 1978 phoenix, or a similar designed machine that has 2 x different audio styles to chose from (ding dong chimes or space invader style noises) and just do a custom job on the cabinet and decals, and just completely sand back the playfield and re-do yor own artwork,whilst keeping all the exsisting hardware, which would work perfectly.

Doing anything on a DMD wont really work cause the audio is specific for that title etc. Have u thought of grabbing a late 70's machine and doing a custom pinny that way ?  !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline greatwichjohn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
Re: Custom Pinball - Cad Blocks (submit & copy here)
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 11:34:34 PM »
I am currently getting a team together to use early Bally electronic pins as donors for parts. When we get cad for playfield layout, it will be posted to help out others.
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.