Author Topic: Pinball Headphone Jack Kit  (Read 7200 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Pinball Headphone Jack Kit
« on: May 02, 2012, 11:58:59 PM »
Pinnovators - headphone Jack Kit

Released by one of the business owners.

We have been working for many months on an aftermarket headphone jack for all Wms/Bally and Sterns from 1990 to current with dollar bill acceptor coin doors; kits for non dollar bill plate doors are coming soon. Our kit is well designed and allows for plug and play within a few short minutes. We are unveiling the product at this Friday's Allentown show and have a limited number of kits ready for sale.  There are multiple sound boards for Mms/Bally and Stern produced since 1990 and beyond so we will have three different games that you can experience our product on during the event. Medieval Madness, Theatre of Magic and Terminator 3 will be in our booth for demonstration.

one of the key components is a mute button to shut off all cabinet speakers during play and our headphone jack is live at all times. The player can listen and concentrate on his/her play through the headphones while others continue to listen through cabinet speakers.  However,  if the player chooses to utilize the mute button the cabinet speakers will turn off which allows for enhanced concentrated play without disturbing others.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/lllvjr/photo-2.jpg
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Pinball Headphone Jack Kit
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 12:11:19 AM »
hmm pinballs even with out sound arent exactly quiet. is there a real market for this item?
if there is ill add it to my pinball that will never be made lol

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 07:03:08 AM »
Cavey was asking about these as I suppose if you have a AC/DC in the house you could the music cranked high.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 09:15:55 AM »
Cavey was asking about these as I suppose if you have a AC/DC in the house you could the music cranked high.

i guess on the acdc it would make the most sense, good point

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 10:59:51 AM »
I think this is a great product.
IF u want to crank a machine and have others who are asleep or dont want to hear a loud machine, its a great idea.

BUT even if no one is around, i reckon with the headphones plugged in, you would probably hear alot of small things in the audio with more clarity than u would just by listening thru standard speakers. I notice on ALOT of pinballs, that you miss alot of audio noises unless u really crank the volume. For this reason alone, i reckon a set of this product is worthwhile. I reckon u could keep it portable as well and move it from machine to machine by not fitting it off permanently.

I will email n order one when they have them fully available n definately test it out 4 sure.  ^^^ 
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline indazone gav

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 12:20:58 PM »
This is a great idea, I'd definately get some if the price is right. Are they available yet?
Cheers Gav

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 12:53:40 PM »
Available in the next few weeks

for pinball t-shirts

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 02:46:22 PM »
Cool idea

I remember Data East had these installed on the very early prototype versions of guns n roses?
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Chad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 08:17:24 AM »
I remember Data East had these installed on the very early prototype versions of guns n roses?

My brothers Guns n Roses has the headset jack and volume controls, they are located under the pistol grip on the front of the cabinet. I was told these were only installed on the Japanese versions ?

I tried to post a picture but I don't know how.