Author Topic: A couple of questions about parts  (Read 903 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
A couple of questions about parts
« on: May 05, 2012, 08:27:39 PM »
Ordering some parts for future projects and trying to get their right name and if they are available

Bally 8ball, under the top arch, the skinny white post and the white post/clamp that holds the thick wire guide.
I have looks for these on various websites but cannot see them. Is there a particular name I should be looking for, or are they not available?

The proper name for the clamp at the bottom of this roll over target

The bell shaped support under the clear plastic. These are not available to buy, I am supposed to reuse the existing ones. Correct?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: A couple of questions about parts
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 12:30:10 AM »

Pic #1

Bottom - Rail Post (nylon) C-907
Top - Rail Post Cap (Nylon) C-908

Pic #2

What game ?

Pic #3

NLA - They used to be part of the plastic sets. You have to reuse them
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 07:25:44 AM »

Pic #2

What game ?

It is from my Zaccaria Devil riders
the manual calls it a 'quiclok, A 4260' but I cannot find it on Bay Area or Marco

Pic #3

NLA - They used to be part of the plastic sets. You have to reuse them

Thanks, that is what I thought
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 07:34:00 AM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline Steve2010

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 09:30:16 AM »
Nino left out the "skinny white post".  Marco has these as part number 03-8371 - see http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch;jsessionid=4C67B71DE16395563A9EBBAB7C750804.jvm1?SEARCH_STRING=03-8371.  They call them spacer spools.

By the way, if you ever find a place that sells the C-907 and C-908 posts/caps, please let me know as I have searched for these without success.  PBR at the time I asked them did not have these, nor the spools.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 01:12:22 PM »
Nino left out the "skinny white post".  Marco has these as part number 03-8371 - see They call them spacer spools.

Thanks, I will see if PBR has them when I place my order, if they don't, BAA has them on their website

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 07:02:53 PM »
more dumb questions
How are 'C' clips measured?

I have been taking apart the drop targets on my Flash Gordon but some of the 'C' clips have gone flying off somewhere
also gone missing is one of the larger clips from the slingshot
but I am unsure what I should measure to get replacement clips

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 07:24:28 PM »
Those aren't called "C" clips - they are "poodle clips" or "dog ear clips" or something like that???

Someone will know - but they aren't C clips anyway.

I always thought measurement of these types of clips was the actual groove dimension that the clip sits in?
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 07:39:52 PM »
The 'C' clips as you call should be able to be replaced by 'E' clips.  I bought a mixed lot of them from Bunnings for stuff all.  They came in a little plastic blow pack and had a good variety of e clips in there.  Pretty sure they were just in the fastener section.
Addicted to pins.

Offline chris288

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 07:55:25 PM »
Yeah those poodle clips can be replaced by "E" clips no problem and they're pretty cheap, probably a good idea to have an assortment of various sizes as there a few sizes used on different things.

The pin they lock onto is listed as a stud but its otherwise known as a clevis pin. I got 2 of these from an auto parts store for about $3 each and they can be cut down to right length with a hacksaw and you can use a hacksaw to put on the "groove "that the "E clip locks onto. Just bear in mind that this stud used on Bally drop target banks is a slightly different length to the ones used on the inline drop target banks like the one on Paragon.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 08:01:03 PM »
Yeah those poodle clips can be replaced by "E" clips no problem and they're pretty cheap, probably a good idea to have an assortment of various sizes as there a few sizes used on different things.

The pin they lock onto is listed as a stud but its otherwise known as a clevis pin. I got 2 of these from an auto parts store for about $3 each and they can be cut down to right length with a hacksaw and you can use a hacksaw to put on the "groove "that the "E clip locks onto. Just bear in mind that this stud used on Bally drop target banks is a slightly different length to the ones used on the inline drop target banks like the one on Paragon.
with 4 different banks of drops on FG, I am trying to be smart by doing one at a time and putting them back together before I start the next one

Must start a thread over the weekend

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 09:02:04 PM »

Spare part is called a "Clip Ring"
Part Number is "P-5829" or "P-5829-2"

You can use standard "E" clips as mentioned previously.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 09:09:35 PM »

with 4 different banks of drops on FG, I am trying to be smart by doing one at a time and putting them back together before I start the next one

With four banks of drops to do it might pay to go to an engineering business and get them to turn up a heap of pins for you on a lathe.
You could give than a sample and they would have them knocked up for you in a couple of hours.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 11:04:46 PM »
Sorry to hijack your thread Pete but does anyone know where to buy the drop target springs for Bally drop targets?

Offline chris288

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 12:25:59 AM »
Yes Daniel, Pinball Resource has them.

SP-100-314 Bally drop target spring for standard DT Bank $0. 60 cents each
SP-100-350 Bally drop target spring for inline DT bank ( Paragon etc) $0.60 cents each

As you see they are hugely expensive NOT!!

If no ones doing a PBR order soon I can bung a few in the post for you.

Incidently I think I did read a thread on the operations of these DT banks and I'm sure someone said that when the round rod at the bottom of the bank gets a bit of wear in it ie: when a groove starts to get worn into the rod after 1000's of operations this can affect how easy or hard it gets for the target to drop down. Might be worth thinking about getting a new rod if the old ones a bit worn.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 11:01:07 AM »
Yes Daniel, Pinball Resource has them.

SP-100-314 Bally drop target spring for standard DT Bank $0. 60 cents each
SP-100-350 Bally drop target spring for inline DT bank ( Paragon etc) $0.60 cents each

As you see they are hugely expensive NOT!!

If no ones doing a PBR order soon I can bung a few in the post for you.

Incidently I think I did read a thread on the operations of these DT banks and I'm sure someone said that when the round rod at the bottom of the bank gets a bit of wear in it ie: when a groove starts to get worn into the rod after 1000's of operations this can affect how easy or hard it gets for the target to drop down. Might be worth thinking about getting a new rod if the old ones a bit worn.

Thanks Chris
  I never think of pbr for Bally bits have not even looked at the drops yet stripped the PLAYFIELD then got busy again lol