Author Topic: Price Check - Scared Stiff  (Read 306 times)

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Price Check - Scared Stiff
« on: May 10, 2012, 07:47:13 PM »
Guys,

Just wondering what the current market would be like for a very very nice Scared Stiff machine?

Also, thoughts on the game itself, Elvira aside.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Price Check - Scared Stiff
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 08:37:11 PM »
$4~5K - and up from there
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 09:21:17 PM »
I'm guessing you saw the one on ebay go for 3240 at auction, and then surprise surprise it gets relisted with an opening minimum bid of 4550.  #@#

I'd rate is as an A minus title like ToM.
Like TOM it is also subject to price spurts from time to time and so prices can be all over the place just depending on how badly someone wants it at that particular time (anything from low 3-6k range). 6k generally would be in absolute top condition.
Gameplay/ruleset could be perceived as a bit shallow in a small collection.
Lot of double entendre speech which while funny at first can wear a bit thin.
Cabinets usually have faded reds.
Look for wear at the spider hole and also where the ball kicks out of the VUK in front of the crate, the "Terrifying" text.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 09:32:54 PM »
seen a few up here in QLD sell for between 3500 and 4000. prices have dropped alot.

nice looking machine when shopped n done up. Beaky and I went past a snackbar which had one and we put some money into it and got a bit bored quickly, but it was daytime and there was no atmosphere there. I needed more time on it really. Looks amazing of a night time 4 sure. very nice looking machine. if u can get one cheap, go for it.  u are best to play one before u buy one.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 01:34:58 AM »
Fun game, great looking, might not appeal to the Mrs as much.. .. ..

Game play/shot map is good, I personally don't really like hitting the solid crate that much, a bit jarring. I do love the frogs, they are funny.

Seems to attract a good price, generally over $4K. That one on ebay mentioned was done my way - I was disappointed in not bidding given what it appeared to go for, then of course back it came.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”