Author Topic: Response to comments made about AP, its members and sponsors etc.  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
We would like to address some comments made about AP by a certain member and published on another forum.

We have been made aware of vile and disgusting comments posted by the member in question on another forum (along with other members of that same forum) that were directed at this forum and our members and sponsors and feel that the only way forward is to ban this member, along with the others that contributed to the disgusting and vile comments. Obviously someone felt strongly enough about it to make it known to us. We did not seek out this information but feel we had to act on it.

While we would like to forgive and forget, we feel that there is no turning back from some of the comments made as the integrity of AP and its members and sponsors has been compromised. How can these same members continue at AP, knowing what they have said about our members and then to continue on here to be a part of AP as though it was never said. In our eyes, their behaviour is completely 2 faced; back stabbing and downright un-Australian. It is quite obvious in our eyes that these comments were made to discredit AP, its members and its sponsors. While all the criticisms and accusations made are ridiculous and farcical, in particular, I would like to address 2 criticisms levelled at this forum.

Child Amusements was criticised for their "Bush Fire Get Together". This ranks amongst the saddest of the accusations made. Of course any commercially sponsored event is held with a marketing aspect. But sadly this one was held to benefit people who had suffered misfortune, at a very high cost to the organisers, and if it exposed his business to members then that is a win for all - the members who attended and received free entertainment, the retailer who received exposure, and most importantly the beneficiaries of the several thousand dollars raised. It is surprising that the comments made did not also note that Safeway/Woolworths, Coles, every bank in the land etc etc etc were (and are) all participating in some form of fund-raising for this worthy cause!

No "death threat" was ever made on this forum, although a member did make a feeble attempt at humour that has been categorised as a threat. Many of you would have seen the post, most would probably have thought it silly. However when the concern was raised it was dealt with swiftly and appropriately by the removal of the offending post and reprimand to the member in question. The member that the "death threat" was directed to was satisfied with the way the admins at AP handled the situation. He even told us that he preferred that the issue was dropped by all but now we hear it keeps being raised by this member to support his cause, along with others on another forum. We assumed it was case closed but for some reason, some people have brought it upon themselves to make it their "pet" topic and push it further, just to make this forum look bad, no other reason but to further their own agenda.

Again, all we ask is that you judge this site by its content, the lack of serious arguments, the absence of "special interest groups" or members with special privileges, the clearly friendly demeanour exhibited by the people here, and their preparedness to help anyone they can. This forum is here to promote and preserve pinball – literally.

Nothing more…

We will allow some discussion on this topic but the topic will be closed if the discussion gets out of hand. This forum is not about political and biased discussion but we feel compelled to comment in this instance.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 03:38:27 PM by Creech »

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
Im one for less politics, more pinball. Who's with me?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

I second that motion!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
And that i feel is about where this thread gets closed! I think we are all in agreement with the 2 responses.
Nuff said

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland

+ 1

Thats why I joined here... this is a awesome hobby #*#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline RatBag

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
While not wanting to get involved in any of this disagreement as I only know whats been written on here and the other forum I feel you the Admins may have jumped the gun by banning some people that I know where not involved what so ever in the issue.I share a shed with "Morrie"and while he doesnt post much if any I think he has still something to offer here with over 30+ machines in the shed at any one time and Im sure the PERTH members that have met us at the shed will agree with me
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 03:04:52 PM by RatBag »

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
I honestly wish we could all get along. I enjoy both forums, and it saddens me to hear some of the stuff in relation to this matter. Honestly......I do not know who to believe, but maybe its irrelevent because I take people as I find them.
Cheers

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
While not wanting to get involved in any of this disagreement as I only know whats been written on here and the other forum I feel you the Admins may have jumped the gun by banning some people that I know where not involved what so ever in the issue.I share a shed with "Morrie"and while he doesnt post much if any I think he has still something to offer here with over 30+ machines in the shed at any one time and Im sure the PERTH members that have met us at the shed will agree with me

Mate, morrie is a member here who is not banned. What are you on about?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 03:28:05 PM by Creech »

Offline RatBag

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth

Mate, morrie is a member here who is not banned. What are you on about?
Just spoke to morrie on the phone and he tells me when trying to log in he cant and gets a message to contact the Admins,maybe its another issue and just coincidental
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 03:39:59 PM by RatBag »

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Just spoke to morrie on the phone and he tells me when trying to log in he cant and gets a message to contact the Admins,maybe its another issue and just coincidental
Sounds like he just forgot his password hey? There is an option on the logon screen to retrieve it. Mate, if morrie was banned he would know about it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 03:45:10 PM by Creech »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

"This forum is here to promote and preserve pinball – literally. "

"This forum is as good as its members and their contributions." - I've said it that many times, I know it by heart.

Morrie/Ratbag - PM us if you are having trouble accessing the site.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia