Author Topic: Adding kudo's for the recent purchase  (Read 3241 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Adding kudo's for the recent purchase
« on: June 02, 2012, 05:37:55 PM »
Ok - here are some shots of the Junk Yard I picked up recently as many of you would have seen in the FOR SALE section.
It is in AWESOME condition all round as I hope the pics will show.
Game was originally imported by Nino so I knew it would be bulletproof as far as the electronics went.
Hats off to Marty J and Greg for thier involvment in helping me to obtain this beautiful machine.

I wanted a game with an OPEN playfield and I also - if possible- wanted a non licensed game.
This title fits both bills nicely.

Its a really strange theme in the game - not 'junk Yard' as such - but the way the game plays .....

Here is what I have worked out so far....

Basically - for those that dont know the game - you start off in 'Crazy Bobs Yunk Yard'
You have to make certain shots around the playfield and 'collect' bits of JUNK.
Combinations of certain pieces of JUNK allows you to start one of the 4 main modes in the game - this game refers to modes as 'ADVENTURES' - once those 4 adventures have been completed you then go to OUTER SPACE which is the final mode of the game.

Along the way you need to collect toast - to fire at Spike the Dog in one of the ( 3 ) video modes and also collect Fireworks to use to destroy Bob in Outer Space - told ya it was a strange game  #@#

Heres the cabinet on this one.....
I love pinball artwork and this game, including the cabinet is full of cool stuff....this game is also like new in regards to fading there is ZERO.

Here is some of the detail in the sides of the cabinet - sweeet.

Here is the big open playfield in the game.
Nearly EVERY shot in this game is a nice LOOOOOOOONG shot so it 'feels' great to play.......

There is MORE to do that hit the wrecking ball but it is the major shot in the game and is used to get to one of the 3  Multiball modes in the game...

A look at the lower playfield shows the 'blue print' of the 'jalopy you MUST create by collecting the JUNK in order to progress through the game......

VIDEO MODES

One of the 2 main video modes involves shooting toast ( that you need to collect during the game from a shot to The Sewer ) at Spike the Dog - IF you have collected the Toaster and the Hair-Dryer then you have access to the toaster gun and starting a DOG Video Mode means you play 'Save The Girl' and shoot the toast gun.

If you havent collected these parts and yet make the DOG video mode shots you get a simple video mode called Run from Spike where you just run away from the dog in the DMD - apparently if you go fast enough you get the 6 million dollar man effect on screen and the sound bite from the show to match :lol

This game also has a feature called Time Machine - in this if you hit the shot at the right time the game goes 'back in time' and stops on a certain date from the past ( a pinball manufacturing date ! ) - then whatever date it stops on you get to play a mode from a game from the past - EG you get an Adams Family mode , CFTBL Move Your Car mode and also another video mode to play out which is the Saucer Attack from RFM - I really like how this has been incorporated into the Junk Yard game.

Someone just messaged me that I have to go an NAME THE DOG - lucky I actually know what that means  ^^^

REALLY looking forward to a few games tonight as I havent had a lot of time this week to get into it.
I will put some shots of my other recent purchase TSPP up another time as right now it is P*SSING ME OFF - again - as the garage door needs fixing now !!!

For now - here is my current line up.......note - no bloody toppers :lol  :lol  :lol

DW Drums rule !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Adding kudo's for the recent purchase
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 05:44:04 PM »

Great des_cription wotto, really enjoyed reading that. This is not a game I have any time on, only played it once at a dealer but wasn't there for that, and didn't take much notice, just banged the ball around. It sounds way more interesting than I realised.

"no bloody toppers"  +1 !
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline FreePlay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lewisham, Sydney
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 07:21:07 PM »
Looks like its in really nice condition Wotto

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 07:36:10 PM »
Nice machine especially the graphics, would interested if you have time to do a review (in the review section) as it looks like a fun game.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 07:47:04 PM »
remember playing this one when it came out... and that sure is a VERY VERY nice example!

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 08:00:11 PM »
Beautiful machine, I have only played Junkyard once and it was quite a few years back, I remember it being a fun game  ^^^

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 08:33:02 PM »
Looks great in your lineup Wotto.  Glad it arrived without damage.

Hope it didn't take too long to unwrap  #@#

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 09:02:18 PM »
Nice work Wotto you didn't hold back on building your collection again did you  ^^^.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 09:54:21 PM »
Wow that's nice I just couldn't save fast enough lol enjoy

Peter

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 01:11:57 AM »
I think you need a fully restored EM in there to balance out the collection

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 11:28:01 AM »
I think you need a fully restored EM in there to balance out the collection

Hahahaha - I am trying mate  #@#
And besides - no one has seen pland for 'my other room' yet  &&
DW Drums rule !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 11:41:32 AM »

I was going to ask - "How are you going to slip in the Embryon and Joker Poker" ? Line up looks familiar  #@# and very nice all lined up together !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 12:08:35 PM »
Good write up and nice collection.
I always enjoy seeing how people set up their game rooms and the mix of pins in their line ups.
Thanks for posting.
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 12:17:39 PM »
Great lineup, some really good players there and they look great all together...nice mix of machines. ^^^
Monopoly is one I have not played and would like to try, it looks like good fun.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 12:19:16 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 01:22:10 PM »
Congrats on picking that up Wotto. That is one of the best condition wise and playing junkyard I have every seen or played, so I'm glad it went to a good home.

Very nice collection btw ! Well done.
Some people have big HEADS !