Author Topic: Friends, beer, bbq and pinball...had a great day :)  (Read 176 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Friends, beer, bbq and pinball...had a great day :)
« on: June 10, 2012, 12:24:42 PM »
The missus went down to Phillip Island for a hens night yesterday so not wanting to miss out I invited 5 mates over for day of fun.

One of the boys is a chef so the eye fillet, giant scallops and chicken ribs went down a real treat with the ice cold crownies and jimmies.

With the fottie on in the background and all four machines (all turned up a little louder than usual)  everthing was set for a great day. Started off with free play practice before lunch and I got a real buzz standing back and watching all the machines going at once being used for what they were designed for...heaps of fun. Over lunch we worked out the rules for the comp to determine the grand champion. Had a series of games with the lowest score on each machine being eliminated and not allowed to move on to the next round on the next machine.. The final came down to me and another guy with him being able to pick the machine because I had the home advantage. He new my weak point my newest machine T2 and picked that to determine the champion. Cut to the chase he kicked my ass and I had to settle for second.

Everyone had a great day and everyone of them now want's to buy a pinnie.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 03:40:49 PM by spacejam0 »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Great story, sounds like an awesome day!!  #*#

I agree, seeing all games lit up and playing is the best, I love meets and seeing the place alive like an arcade in the eighties.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Sounds like a great day. It is a great point about "everyone wanting a pinny". That's how the obsession starts  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
More and more THIS is what pinball is doing for a lot of people these days.
So great to see the social side of it all growing  ^^^
DW Drums rule !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Sounds like a top day well done

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Awesome stuff sounds like a great day, is it me or do others stand back and wait for something to break ^.^

Peter