Author Topic: Ebay - Do you look at EBAY adds for pinball machine sales regularly ?  (Read 554 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
You guys have all added some excellent feedback.
The start on thursday night for 10 days is a excellent idea to capture 2 x weekends, and i like the buy it now/make an offer no listing fee etc unless sold with the classified add part, both very good.

It shows on this thread that ALOT of members spend alot more time looking at ebay listings that I had previously thought, thats great for sales listings.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:

The start on thursday night for 10 days is a excellent idea to capture 2 x weekends, and i like the buy it now/make an offer no listing fee etc unless sold with the classified add part, both very good.

yer i like buying from best offer and buy it now also, only problem as seller you have to put up with the stupid offers, however ignore that and you might get a good result. as i did when i sold a pin on ebay.
also as buyer i like buy it now because i like to know what the price is, i love auctions on most items but when you talk items like pinballs and cars i like to buy or make an offer if i dont get the offer excepted or its to much i can look for a another one. i hate seeing three pins on ebay at the same time im interested in and i have to take a gampble on which to bid on and have chance of not winning any. i like buy it now. is this you thinking about selling a few pins on ebay Cavey?? just try and use COD the paypal part is a killer

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
I'm exploring all avenues. I have someone - another collector/seller who has offered to buy the lot off me in one hit, price isnt right but.

My brother who also collects pins, just got a v.nice superannuation gift from my retired mum, and he is thinking of moving house and taking the majority of the collection off me as well. Something to think about, but he wants to steal them off my at wholesale prices as well.lol 

Ebay is the best way to sell machines individually for sure, massive exposure.   

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
I'm exploring all avenues. I have someone - another collector/seller who has offered to buy the lot off me in one hit, price isnt right but.

My brother who also collects pins, just got a v.nice superannuation gift from my retired mum, and he is thinking of moving house and taking the majority of the collection off me as well. Something to think about, but he wants to steal them off my at wholesale prices as well.lol 

Ebay is the best way to sell machines individually for sure, massive exposure.   

And thats the problem with selling a bulk lot... price always comes down... its simple.
remember.. you might also be floating 50+ machines on Ebay... youll be flooding the market and watch prices come down fast..unless of course your happy to list 1 or 2 a week over a year period.

I can buy 50 machines at $500- $600 ea.
Buy them singularly and they average at $1500 - $1800ea.
Bulk = DISCOUNT

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
Been thinking about this and i reckon you are better off selling what you can privately and then having your own private auction on the Gold Coast somewhere.
Your problem is trying to shift a shitload of machines at item price.. after all its a fat wad of $$$ that you want, not dribs and drabs coming in as you know damn well that a vast amount of this money will be frittered away.
Only way to sell in bulk and get good coin is an auction arena... you have MORE than enough machines to do this and Gold Coast is easily accessible to Sunshine Coast, Brisbane, NSW etc

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
POST REMOVED DUE TO REQUEST BY CAVEOFTREASURES
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:32:49 PM by MartyJ »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
thanks for the imput guys.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:12:55 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
POST REMOVED DUE TO REQUEST BY CAVEOFTREASURES
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:33:14 PM by MartyJ »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
ebay looks like a good way to move anything with people looking at it ten times a day.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:36:40 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
maybe settup a website mate,  a nice fancy with all pictures of the pins and sell them like a pinball buisness would, and then drop 3 or four pins at a time on ebay, very simular to what guys like pinballshed do, as they import and 70 odd pins at a time its very simular situation to you and just sell like that. 3 -4 at a time and rest for sale on your website. might take you a year to sell them all might be quicker, but least you might make more money for them.

Offline wizo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Elanora

ebay looks like a good way to move anything with people looking at it ten times a day.

Hey watch it though bro, ato/centrelink just forced eBay to hand over documentation on all sellers that do over $20k in sales