Author Topic: AC/DC pinball Member's Thoughts  (Read 523 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
AC/DC pinball Member's Thoughts
« on: July 08, 2012, 09:53:39 AM »
I wanted to get some feedback from AC/DC owners about their games since its been apx 3 or 4 months since most people took delivery.

Have u mastered the game yet ? 
Do u fully understand the rules enough to keep getting beter scores, week by week ?
Things u like about the game, things u may not have warmed to ?
Do u friends and family love the game ?
Has the AC/DC machine become a permanent keeper etc ? 
Do u play a 3 ball game or a 5 ball game ?
Your highest score ?
Your favourite shots ?
Do u like the bottom playfield (LE only) ?

It would be good to hear some feedback and anything u may like to share. Maybe copy n paste my questions and place some answers against the questions.
Thanks in advance.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 02:44:43 PM »
Mastered it? no but understanding the rules alot better now lol, this ones a keeper for sure I always play 3 balls and its factory rules. My family love it and even my 14 year old boy turns off PS3 when he hears me playing and we crank up a 2 player game and he's good. My highest score is around 200 million and most games I average 100-140 million with beer maybe 10 million :lol. Favorite shot is the bell love getting 3 x Playfield after stacking the multiballs she goes off, its taken me a while but I do enjoy the Lower PF maybe the speed I'm not sure its just different and I still haven't played a pro yet.

Peter

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 06:12:37 PM »
By far the most played pin in my collection { CV, BSM,Shadow etc}

Havent heard a bad word by anyone who has played it

Looking forward to the updates,as it needs the Encore mode

Finally hit the bell with the cannon shot ,scored just over 205 Mil

I also love the bell shot,great sound effects and love the fast play
The lower playfield is a hoot

If I could only keep one pin
This is it

Still beats me constantly

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 02:09:10 PM »
The music never gets boring, espescially when cranked up.  The dot matrix annimations are second to none, very detailed and the recent software updates just make them better each upgrade.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
Re: AC/DC pinball Member's Thoughts
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 08:33:15 PM »
I'm happy to say I joined the AC/DC pinball owners club last week and loving it. What a great game /

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 08:39:11 PM »
I'll chime in here too

AC DC is a KILLER Pinball machine!!

Well its been just about 6 months since AC DC arrived and yet to see any on the 2nd hand market yet? !@# I know of only 1 AC DC pro pin that has sold over this time...  ^^^
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 08:42:19 PM »
acccadacca baby wooooooooo!!!!!
woooooooo!!!!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 10:11:51 PM »
Mines still sitting there have not played it in over 3-4 months but still looks good sitting there

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 10:39:28 PM »
No way, barely get there and a software upgrade resets the goal posts.

Do u fully understand the rules enough to keep getting beter scores, week by week ?
No, I just shoot anything that flashes, farts or moves. The game is intuitive with the lighted notes, leds, etc.

Like Ritchies voice and taunts, the music and lights, the shaker, the fast flow, multi ball, cannon shots, bell, theme.
Dislike hell, drains, thumper exit, some dead spots where ball gets stuck like right of E at top or on left drop targets.

Wife, and 3 daughters play always. The 6 yo loves TNT, 10 yo loves BIB, 15 yo loves War Machine. Wife loves Hell.
Friends are over more often so I reckon they like the game.

I am a hoarder so AC/DC joins my Flash which I have in storage for 31 years.

Do u play a 3 ball game or a 5 ball game?
3 ball with extra ball for high scores and credits.

Your highest score ?
265M with glass, 1350M without glass.....had to find the live Encore song, curiosity got the better of me.

Your favourite shots ?
Spinner on War Machine, left/right ramp combination 3 or more times in a row. Bell multiple times for 2x and 3x.

No but I visit every so often for practice. I feel restricted and tight down there (not talkin about a tight pair of undies).

Overall happy with machine. Replaced 2 tri-leds as both had faulty reds. Found some loose nuts that were not tightened at factory. Chinese 89 flashes all burnt quickly. Replaced with European bulbs which have lasted for months.
The quality from Stern does not look as good as what I see online with WOZ from JJ but the AC/DC theme rocks. My long term concerns are the cannon mechanism/motor and the bell. Can they last the distance? When it goes, my canon motor replacement will NOT be Chinese!
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 11:03:34 PM »
No way, barely get there and a software upgrade resets the goal posts.

No, I just shoot anything that flashes, farts or moves. The game is intuitive with the lighted notes, leds, etc.

Like Ritchies voice and taunts, the music and lights, the shaker, the fast flow, multi ball, cannon shots, bell, theme.
Dislike hell, drains, thumper exit, some dead spots where ball gets stuck like right of E at top or on left drop targets.

Wife, and 3 daughters play always. The 6 yo loves TNT, 10 yo loves BIB, 15 yo loves War Machine. Wife loves Hell.
Friends are over more often so I reckon they like the game.

I am a hoarder so AC/DC joins my Flash which I have in storage for 31 years.

Do u play a 3 ball game or a 5 ball game?
3 ball with extra ball for high scores and credits.

Your highest score ?
265M with glass, 1350M without glass.....had to find the live Encore song, curiosity got the better of me.

Your favourite shots ?
Spinner on War Machine, left/right ramp combination 3 or more times in a row. Bell multiple times for 2x and 3x.

No but I visit every so often for practice. I feel restricted and tight down there (not talkin about a tight pair of undies).

Overall happy with machine. Replaced 2 tri-leds as both had faulty reds. Found some loose nuts that were not tightened at factory. Chinese 89 flashes all burnt quickly. Replaced with European bulbs which have lasted for months.
The quality from Stern does not look as good as what I see online with WOZ from JJ but the AC/DC theme rocks. My long term concerns are the cannon mechanism/motor and the bell. Can they last the distance? When it goes, my canon motor replacement will NOT be Chinese!

Excellent read. Thanks for the good info.  ^^^
Have had a look at the cannon assembly etc, pretty straight forward n very easy to fix/replace/overhaul. Parts shld be next to nothing from STERN.
On the PRO, everything seems bullet proof etc. I cant see the LE/Premium models being much different.

AC/DC Pinnys of 2012 will definately go down in history and be long loved/kept n collected like all the other famous machines like Twilight Zone, Indianna Jones, Addams Family n Star Trek Next Gen. Definatelky a turning point in the history of pinball machines with this model for this STERN era. They are still selling well and worldwide sales/volumes of machines out there is very high pro-rata.

Everyone I invite over who plays the PRO absolutely loves it. Had some guests up this weekend from Newcastle and they now want to buy one asap and this will be their first pinball machine. The new code upgrade is so cool with the multiball action etc.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 09:43:52 AM »
Your right I havent seen any for sale second hand and they sold plenty ^^^ already seeing TF LE coming up for sale and Xmen well lets wait and see.

Peter

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 11:15:13 AM »
Yes I agree, the PREMIUMs are such a great machine.  The PRO's are good value.
Certainly I read more people have purchased NIB ACDC's than any other game.

Offline greatwichjohn

• Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 01:17:04 PM »
My BIB & first 2 Pro's early are almost 100% for Cannon working. Got a later Let It Be Rock & another Pro which have been a nightmare! Yes Stern provides parts, but labour is on the dealer, along with other costs. Love the pin, & BIB is real nice. Got to say my X-Men Wolverine is better pin overall, got a pro coming this week to see how it compares. I'm also getting 2 Tron Pro's in October from the lastest 100 pin run.

My lineup will be X-Men Wolverine, X-Men Pro, AC/DC BIB, Avatar Pro, Transformers Pro, Rolling Stones LE, & Tron Pro. Have a Hal-Con Show in Halifax the end of October, & will be running a 3 day Tournament on X-Men Wolverine.

Info on the show, & I'm a sponsor (Great Pinball Limited) with the Halifax Pinball Arcade - 16 pins & 3 vids: http://hal-con.com/
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 06:20:59 PM »
My BIB & first 2 Pro's early are almost 100% for Cannon working. Got a later Let It Be Rock & another Pro which have been a nightmare! Yes Stern provides parts, but labour is on the dealer, along with other costs. Love the pin, & BIB is real nice. Got to say my X-Men Wolverine is better pin overall, got a pro coming this week to see how it compares. I'm also getting 2 Tron Pro's in October from the lastest 100 pin run.

My lineup will be X-Men Wolverine, X-Men Pro, AC/DC BIB, Avatar Pro, Transformers Pro, Rolling Stones LE, & Tron Pro. Have a Hal-Con Show in Halifax the end of October, & will be running a 3 day Tournament on X-Men Wolverine.

Info on the show, & I'm a sponsor (Great Pinball Limited) with the Halifax Pinball Arcade - 16 pins & 3 vids: http://hal-con.com/

I checked out the website link u mentioned and it looks like its going to be another great show again this year.   
Plenty of stuff happening and you have a good showing of pinball machines.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 06:54:06 PM »
There's a great post on Facebook from SR about AC/DC the best thing is the code isn't finished yet! Awesome more goodies :-)

Peter