Author Topic: Glue removal  (Read 484 times)

Offline rustalan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Glue removal
« on: July 14, 2012, 11:56:40 PM »
Just picked this up from another site and was wondering if anyone has tried this?

Awesome Product To Clean Mylar Residue

I recently shopped out a dirty old Phoenix playfield. Someone had had a go at removing some mylar and I dare say it was all too hard and they left a fair bit of mylar residue which over time has caught some filth. There were several black areas towards the top of the playfield as well as general residue here and there.

My wife uses Bosisto's Eucalyptus Spray around the house for pretty much everything. I tried it on the Phoenix playfield and it was the best thing I have used so far to clean the residue off and didn't seem to effect the artwork at all. It probably took 2 or 3 applications but ate the grunge and residue up no worries at all. Best thing, I was going to use a magic eraser which poses it's own problems of damaging artwork but the eucalyptus spray was much quicker and easier. Removes glue and ball swirls in 1 go.

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: Glue removal
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 12:05:17 AM »
Yeah, I remember a thread about cleaning up residue/glue a fairly long while ago and eucalyptus oil was mentioned. I imagine the spray would make it easier to apply.

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Re: Glue removal
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 11:31:31 AM »
I use a product called GOO REMOVER and it works very quickly, a small spray goes a long way - citrus based so it smells good too with no real toxicity  ^^^
actually I use it for everything come to think of it.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.