Author Topic: AC/DC - Playfield Mods and Extra's  (Read 53480 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: AC/DC - Playfield Mods and Extra's
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2013, 09:17:10 PM »
This looks great even in grey way better than the big ugly shiny aluminum brick wood finish will be even better.

Not sure if and will appreciated this but I was testing the durability of this 3d printing and I literally had to stand on it side ways to get it to break and its only mm's thick.   Bloody amazing stuff...

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2013, 09:30:19 PM »
what  ^&^ you broke it……  %.%
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: AC/DC - Pro Bell help please
« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2013, 08:16:56 AM »
can anyone send me a few pictures of the AC/DC pro bell top panel looking front on, top and back and also PM some measurements - width of plate, height of plate and thickness to clear (rear mounting bracket, bracket and rivets etc)

if one person can help I can do a pro version of the bell block in a timber grain with Hells Bell engraved in it for free.

The Premium and LE Bell Hells Bell Beam is finished, painted and waiting on delivery to daniel to see how it fits just to make sure everything is right, but happy to say it does not hit the opto during a full rotation test.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:35:22 AM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2014, 10:58:33 AM »
here is an alternative translite

head here to order off Aurich
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-new-original-translite-meet-helen

"So if you want to commit to buying one just PM me. 

Price is $125 shipped in the US.

International orders are $155 shipped. Sorry for the price increase, but I ship these flat-packed (not rolled in tubes) Priority International, and that’s how much more it costs to send."

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2014, 11:00:02 AM »
Aurich is also working on a Angus face replacement

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2014, 11:09:50 AM »
and some apron game cards by Aurich

"When I did The Shadow project I thought it would be cool to have new instruction cards that matched, to make it feel more like a factory design. So I did the same thing this time, every translite order will also ship with a set of cards. You'll get three, because the rules for the Pro and Premium/LE are different (the lower playfield) so no matter what machine you have you'll be set.

I thought that for guests it would be nice if the song rules were easier to read, so rather than cram it all on one card I broke the rules across both of them, and the songs get their own jukebox-themed card that's hopefully easier to parse."

and he ended up making a downloadable file

"Okay, new plan! I am posting the cards for people to freely print. If you have no graphical skills at all, I will make you a custom song card for $10. But if you have even a simple image editing program I'm including a card with all the song names blank, and you can simply type over them yourself. Easy! Due to a couple requests I am also including a version of the "Helen" card with no signature, and no Free Play message.

Each card should be printed at 300 dpi to come out the right size. If that's greek to you we can help you out. Alternately if you order the translite I'm including pre-printed cards in it for those who don't want to deal with making their own.

Download the zip here with 4 high quality JPEGs in it.

A preview of what they look like:"

I will attach the downloadable files in the next post.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2014, 11:11:58 AM »
these are the downloadable files spoken about

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2014, 11:13:15 AM »
last ones

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2014, 08:20:50 AM »
Aurich posted on pinside

To order these email laseriffic@att.net – don't PM Joe, don't PM me, send an email! 

--

I teamed up with Joe from Laseriffic, home the best AC/DC toppers in the known universe, to do a laser cut Helen topper. If you already have my Helen translite maybe you want a topper to match, or maybe it's too much Helen for one man to handle, but I thought these would look great on top of a stock Luci translite. Good way to get the girls together without losing any of the Stern art.

Joe will be handling all the orders and builds, so it's the same quality you've already grown to trust.

These are $130 + shipping, email laseriffic@att.net if you want one.

This is the prototype Joe just cut. The horns and lightning bolt necklace are red mirror. The lava drop on the tip of the tail is red opaque and her necklace band is black.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: AC/DC Mods - LCD screen to replace the band
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2014, 07:43:14 PM »
PinballMike who did the US version of the Creature lcd is proto typing a small lcd where the band is with the concept being " 15 different video mode options for the project. I'll give you a hint - 12 of the videos will be for the songs"

"This time I want it to be plug and play, so the plan is to provide everything (screen included). I don't know about the pricing yet, just trying to get it working 100%. I have a bad habit of scope creeping my own projects"

utoplay=1&rel=0

"We will give you (the customer) the tools to make your own videos features for: (1) all 12 songs, (2) attract mode, (3) encore, (4) song selection mode, and (5) when the mini playfield is actively in use. We will include stock videos for every feature, but you have the ability to easily make your own videos using our custom video editing software.

Just like the creature MOD, we will give you the ability to add as many videos as you want for any of the features listed above. For example, if you want to have 20 different “Back in Black” videos you just put 20 uniquely named videos in the “Back in Black” folder located on the MOD’s USB drive. Then every time you start BIB mode you’ll see a different video until all 20 videos have been played.

The video editing software is designed to run on Windows7 64 bit machines. The software will allow you to: (1) down load source videos directly from YouTube, (2) crop/resize/rotate/etc. any source video footage, (3) utilize stock overlays or custom ones you create, (4) select start and stop times for source video clipping, and (5) splice two videos together to make one finished video. The software is very powerful, but extremely easy to use. If you’ve played around with our creature MOD then you’ve already seen it.

So, you can easily customize your LCD, making it display whatever you want. In theory you could play your machine for hours and never see the same video twice. If you want to hook our MOD up to a remote/external screen no problem – just run an HDMI cable from our system to your screen. Just don’t replace the DMD yet, we might have something colorful for you later down the road  "

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: AC/DC - Playfield LCD update
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2014, 09:16:48 AM »
a little video giving a rough idea how it will interface with the game

utoplay=1&rel=0

for pinball t-shirts

Offline JohnBryce0712

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2014, 10:20:11 PM »
That's one insane mod swinks. the moving band has never been a favourite for owners of the premium/le

Offline Toads

• Forum Posts:
  • Shepparton Vic
« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2014, 01:43:31 PM »
That's one insane mod swinks. the moving band has never been a favourite for owners of the premium/le

Mod it with the total rock mod, it looks amazing, the second best mod for the game, first being the lightning bolts.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2014, 11:49:42 PM »
Mike has finished his mod and ready to sell.
&feature=player_embedded

Update:

We are currently putting the finishing touches on the programming (which is based on V1.65 of the game code – currently this MOD is only for Premium and LE machines) and should have several beta units out for testing within the next 2 weeks - you guys know who you are 

We are still working on the video editing software, so it will probably be a few more weeks before the software is available. I shoot some video this week and start working on the installation manual as well.

Here is a list of the ACDC MOD V1.0 interactive features:

1) Attract video – plays when the game is in attract mode
2) Song videos – each of the 12 songs featured in the game have their own video modes
3) Song Select – This is a static image that displays when the player is selecting a song from the juke box
4) Drain images – These are static images that are displayed after a ball drains (nice fun taunting comments about your flipper skills)
5) Mini playfield video – plays when the mini playfield is active
6) Encore video – plays when the encore mode is active

Like the CFTBL MOD, ACDC will utilize a USB drive to store all of the various images and videos displayed on the LCD screen. Also, we have programmed the MOD so you can have multiple video/images per interactive mode. For example, you can have 10 different “attract” videos stored on the USB. The MOD will simple cycle through your 10 different videos, playing a new one every time you go into attract mode until all 10 videos have been played. The USB is easily accessible. We’ve modeled our design off of JJP’s WOZ setup, so the USB will be plugged into an extension cable located right next to the coin box. You just pull the USB out and change video/images as you like – very easy.

The video editing software will be very similar to the CFTBL MOD’s software. It will allow you to: download videos directly off of YouTube, loop, resize, rotate, crop, specify start and stop times for video trimming, video splicing, and more. We are currently working on adding a text overlay feature, using the Squealer (aka ACDC) font as well as a static image tool. This would enable users to create their own custom “taunting drain images” or change the song name intros (for guys that have used Pinball Browser to change songs featured in the game). We are also looking into animation effects (fade in/outs, stuff like that).

The MOD includes:

1) 5” HD LCD screen
2) Powder coated screen mounting hardware
3) LCD screen protector
4) Circuit board mounting plate w/ RPi and LCD driver board
5) USB drive
6) SD Card
7) Custom game interface cabling
 USB extension cable
9) HDMI cable
10) LCD ribbon cable
11) Game interface serial cable

The MOD is 100% reversible with no permanent alterations to the actual pinball machine.

The MOD will be available for purchase ($475 + shipping + PayPal fees) directly from our website:

http://www.pinballmiked.com/?product_cat=acdc

For customers in the US that want to avoid PayPal fees, you can purchase a MOD directly from me. If you want to be added to the waiting list (first come first served - this is not exclusive to the US) for this MOD PLEASE EMAIL ME DIRECTLY: mike@pinballmiked.com

Regards,

Mike

for pinball t-shirts

Offline JohnBryce0712

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2014, 08:47:20 PM »
 %)%Over $500 shipped but I think it may be worth it as you can use the software to customise the video and messages to whatever you want so there is next to no restriction on the creativity side. I might get one for Luci