Author Topic: Proto Type - Mirrored - Ball Shooter Lane Kickout Protectors  (Read 1807 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Proto Type - Mirrored - Ball Shooter Lane Kickout Protectors
« on: August 12, 2012, 05:56:03 PM »
While recently doing the mirror blades run I did a few of these proto type mirrored ball shooter lane kickout protectors. I used a current Bally and Stern Bracket as the base model and made the 2 brackets consistent in the vertical and horizontal section as there were slight differences. At this stage I have test fitted one in a Stern - Iron Man and the other in a Bally - Creature From The Black Lagoon and they look good and fit nice into existing holes - which is what I wanted for those that have the standard SS brackets fitted so no new holes if you already have a bracket installed.

Silver Mirror - Blings up the lane
Black Mirror - Blends in nicely with the timber work and is not that obvious
Gold Mirror - Adds a nice touch to a pinball with yellow / gold in the theme

So at this stage this was the surprise item for the guys who supported me in the 1st batch of mirrored blades as this will colour code nicely with the blades.

So at this stage the guys on board for the initial mirror blade pre-purchase get these as a small free bonus with their soon blade delivery (once I get all the parts organised etc) so they will colour match with their blades. This means I only have 6 spare and I have fitted 2 on my machines but have the following spares left over from the first run - sorry I am in test mode first:

- 1 x Stern Silver Mirror
- 1 x Stern Black Mirror
- 1 x Bally Silver Mirror
- 1 x Bally Gold Mirror

Good news these 4 spares will be freebies to guys on AP - as I will be holding a Free Sunday Comp some time tonight. I will wait until the next run of blades to see if I can squeeze some more in on a sheet and make a couple of mini changes. The free issue to the blades guys and the comp is for feedback as I want to ensure they fit on other machines and not just mine. Therefore no new items will be made at this stage until I get feedback so just watch this thread and hopefully the guys getting them early days can post a quick pic and issue some feedback to help others.

Current products similar can be found here:

Stern
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2120

Bally
couldn't find one after only a quick look

I do stress that I am not trying to take business away from local pinball parts providers as just trying offer something a little custom.

Also please be aware that these will mark up over time as the ball will impact the side but it will protect the timber and this will be a relatively cheap item aiming at around $5 plus postage but that won't stop the top side for looking smart.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Excellent idea. Pin Mods Rocks !

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Great product & great price!
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
Great idea. I buy the protectors from Pinball Life, but your mirror finish ones look better. Cheap too.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Great work again Jady!  ^^^
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”