Author Topic: Hercules Pinball Set up at Expo 09  (Read 931 times)

Offline PinPal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
Hercules Pinball Set up at Expo 09
« on: August 17, 2012, 12:43:22 AM »
Fun getting this pin through the front door  :D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 01:02:44 AM by PinPal »

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Hercules Pinball Set up at Expo 09
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 02:32:47 AM »
They had one of these in the local arcade in Hindley St, Adelaide during the '80s (Downtown Leisure Centre). There were a few arcades on Hindley St at the time and most of them had their share of the Hercules for a short while.

It was essentially a novelty more than a money maker and the downside is it took up a hell of a lot of real estate in an industry where space to maximise return per machine was at a premium.

At one point in its life, the pin made it to the "seedier" end of the street and ended up in the Crazy Horse strip club where it was used as part of the "act" (don't ask).

After one of the performers fell onto (and subsequently into) the machine it was retired and hasn't been seen since.

Sadly like most arcades in the late '90s, Downtown is long gone (but the Crazy Horse is still going.)  &&

I want that oversized, completely impractical and gaudy Downtown arrow sign... *%*
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 02:36:20 AM by pinsanity »

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Re: Hercules Pinball Set up at Expo 09
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 08:15:00 AM »
Got to play a NIB one last year - yes I said NIB  #@#

It actually played quite well to be honest.......as the game is reknowned for being a big old slow sloooooooooow beast of  a thing.
The owner was also considering getting some 'lighter' balls made for the game so it goes even better

We also had this title at our local pinny joint as a kid for a while so I had experienced it then as well

DW Drums rule !