Author Topic: Hankin A5 Power board FINISHED! Avail soon  (Read 5674 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Hankin Pinball Power Rectifier board started
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 09:49:37 PM »
I have built up and tested a couple of these and will have one at Pinfest for those interested to have a look.

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Hankin A5 Power board FINISHED! Avail soon
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 10:44:27 AM »
As a serviceman it ALWAYS annoyed me that when you went to measure a voltage or look for a particular part on a board all you found was "TP2" or "C34". I always thought that was next to useless unless you had a circuit diagram and even if you did you would have to refer to it to find exactly WHAT TP2 or C34 was. All electronics manufacturers are guilty of this not just pinball.

There is simply no need for it - it's plain laziness, nothing more. Where board space permits I always add information that I believe aids servicing or adjusting. Build quality is a different thing. I guess it must be weighed up how much extra the brass resistor spacers cost, the time it takes to add an extra screw in a heatsink to make sure it can never spin out of place and so on. For this board these (and many other) little extras probably add $1 to the board cost - that's all.

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Hankin A5 Power board FINISHED! Avail soon
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 11:04:10 AM »
Nice one Mike  @@* @@*

I think it's a top idea that you labelled everything/ test points with voltages etc  ^^^
will make life sooo much easier for anyone repairing the boards should it ever become necessary.

I'm not sure if i'll get to Pinfest this year due to band gigs in Armidale, but i'm gonna try to get there for the Sunday at least (will drive from Armidale straight to Newy, then home). So if i do make it there i'll definitely come and say g'day and have a look at what you have there  *%* *%*