Author Topic: Classic Game Room: FUTURE SPA pinball machine review  (Read 5310 times)

Offline PinPal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
Classic Game Room: FUTURE SPA pinball machine review
« on: October 14, 2012, 11:14:36 PM »
Future Spa review. www.ClassicGameRoom.com Classic Game Room reviews FUTURE SPA from Bally released in 1979, a disco fresh look at exercise and relaxation in the future! Future Spa is an amazing wide body pinball table with beautiful, well drawn and painted artwork depicting a Logan's Run style future where people jog with mustaches and bath beneath women floating in space held by dissolving ribbons. You may want to avoid the water and lift light sabers instead... Set pleasure levels to ULTRA SONIC because Future Spa is as much fun to play as it is to look at!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Interesting review. I dislike the game for the same reasons the reviewer likes the game. I think that with most of the reviews I've watched, he learns how to play the game on the day of the review. Try having a Future Spa in your line-up for more than a week or two !

I think his reviews are great and explain the rules etc quite well.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
I've never even seen one in the flesh, so I can't comment on the game play, but the machine sure does look pretty!

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
I played this game many times in my early teens and didn't mind it at all back then.
I don't know how i would feel playing it now but if i did i suppose it would really take me back to my youth.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
I play it every now and then on Pinmame for a laugh.
That's good enough for me for this one.

Wouldnt own one - but I do like the in-line drops as well as the unique lower exit area's the game has on it.

DW Drums rule !

Offline pmenadue

• Forum Posts:
Hi Guys,

I own this game and it is AWESOME to play once you look past the retro graphics (which I love by the way!) and get onto the playfield.

It has a devious hole on the right side which, if you're good enough, you can bounce over. It has an additive set of drop-downs which multiply, then set extra ball, and specs.

It's a fun game - love it!

Pete

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Hi Guys,

I own this game and it is AWESOME to play once you look past the retro graphics (which I love by the way!) and get onto the playfield.

It has a devious hole on the right side which, if you're good enough, you can bounce over. It has an additive set of drop-downs which multiply, then set extra ball, and specs.

It's a fun game - love it!

Pete

Welcome to Aussie Pinball Pete. Why not do an intro post in the Introduce Yourself section so we can all say hello and learn a bit about you and your games?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
For me I have never played or even seen one   but as I love slow old wide bodies :lol  all from the golden pin era  it would look good in my collection   

Ive always been keen for a couple of games put it hasn't happened !!!     I also love the in line targets  and lots of bumpers   

Who knows  one day I may end up with one    thanks for posting       Howzat