Author Topic: Classic Game Room: BLACK HOLE pinball machine review  (Read 7474 times)

Offline PinPal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
Classic Game Room: BLACK HOLE pinball machine review
« on: October 14, 2012, 11:28:08 PM »
Black Hole pinball review. Classic Game Room reviews BLACK HOLE pinball machine from Gottlieb released in 1981, the awesome split level space themed pinball machine from the future!!!!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Great review. This is the only title I've never beaten. I have NEVER attained multiball. Awesome title !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
 @@* Great review Pin Pal  it looks like a fun game

Thank for posting           Howzat

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

One of the all time favorites in my collection. I disagree about the maintenance comments (I don't think much of their reviews on the whole). Once the ground mods are done, this game is extremely reliable and robust. I have hardly opened mine in the seven or so years I've owned it.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Operator68

• Forum Posts:
  • Traralgon Victoria
Great review and what an awsome game. Well ahead of its time. I cant remember every seeing a Black hole. It must have been to advanced for us country bumpkins.

Offline joele

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
I actually saw one of these on the weekend, bit neglected.. Nice looking machine though, and a little bit different..
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Owned but Sold - Indiana Jones, Revenge from mars, Fish Tales, Tron Pro

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Great looking game, but i can't say i have any fond memories of it. I think because it is one game that pretty much whooped my arse everytime. But i would have it in my games room in a heart beat...just dunno why? Marty J had one for sale ages ago but i resisted.

Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I like the guy who does these voice overs n reviews, he is a funny bastard who takes the piss all the time the way he reads along with that voice. It cracks me up and he makes his reviews fun.  %.% %.%

I didnt realise the Black Hole pinball machine was as cool as the video shows.

It seems a few pinballs have followed suit with the bottom reverse playfield, and its also alot of fun on the Congo pinball.
The Black Hole machine looks great with the twirling backbox lights n spinning black hole picture. The pop bumper being bright blue under the playfield looks good too. A nice machine for 1981 for sure. The machine screams out personality and character for sure. The blue number displays are v nice too. I like the scoring display in the bottom playfield as well. This looks like a great machine. Now i know where the Apollo 13 pinball machine idea came from.

Excellent post. Thanks for sharing.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Nice review.  Some of these Classic Game Room reviews are good while others not so much. Beautiful looking machine though and looks like a lot of fun to play.  ^^^

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
What a beauty, very nice machine, would luv to own one of those  ()

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
It is a great game, I have never been able to get the multiball on Nicks, but have a few times on the pinball arcade version  @.@
The backglass is very cool

Offline bigdaddy

• Forum Posts:
  • WTB: Phantom of the Opera
Great review really enjoyed it  @@* certainly ahead of its time....the machine that is.
WTB - Phantom of the Opera

Offline Gruntis

• Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong, NSW
Looks like fun, love the split level playfield