Author Topic: Heighway Pinball - Full Throttle (Motorbike racing theme)  (Read 80754 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
here are some graphics that I found.

Apron - which has the instructions printed not like crappy yellow instruction cards.
Cabinet side art - which will be replaceable if you purchase a different play field
Translite - got that 80/90's style art look
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
It all does look very Hotwheels 1980's from a kids hotwheels toy car box package/etc......not sure if it looks cheap, or if it is just retro 80's that makes it look a little basic ??  !@#

I would have preferred much more detailed 2013 style graphics that are much more harder hitting like the Batman motor bike cabinet to catch new kids/teenagers...?   Maybe they are aiming for the retro look to get older players also to their pinball machines, or even younger kids from today...

Anyone else like it or dislike the artwork...opinions ??  !@# !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Apron - which has the instructions printed not like crappy yellow instruction cards.
Cabinet side art - which will be replaceable if you purchase a different play field

Great to see something other than Photoshop actors from some movie, very refreshing!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
It all does look very Hotwheels 1980's from a kids hotwheels toy car box package/etc......not sure if it looks cheap, or if it is just retro 80's that makes it look a little basic ??  !@#

I would have preferred much more detailed 2013 style graphics that are much more harder hitting like the Batman motor bike cabinet to catch new kids/teenagers...?   Maybe they are aiming for the retro look to get older players also to their pinball machines, or even younger kids from today...

Why arent you saying that no doubt it will look better in the flesh?? Thats your stock standard line for all things STERN... why not anyone else?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Yes. The benefits of an unlicenced pinball theme. Artwork without demands from the movie moguls.  

Is it a bit safe when they could have done anything and everything ?? Sex sells....... &&

I am still deciding if i like the cartoon hotwheels look from the 1980's Gav. When i work it out, I will throw the "look better in the flesh line in" if u would like !  *)* Stop comparing everything to Sterns, only one of us on here is allowed to do that !  <..>

p.s - where would we be without photo shopped actors > JJP ! See, even i knew the right answer for that one. And yes, thats a good thing.lol  ^^^
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 08:28:11 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm cartoon boobies  %.%
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
I find it an interesting contrast _ LCD in the playfield, restro style graphics for the cabinet/playfield. Bit of a contrast.

Not in love with the cartoons, but I'll wait to see the final product.

Offline roundball

• Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
Maybe they are aiming for the retro look to get older players also to their pinball machines, or even younger kids from today...

What other markets would they be focusing on?  &^&

Its looking good though, shame about the mass of plastic ramps (or is that ramp).  Bring on the wire form, much more fitting with the overall look and feel.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
What i do like, is the fact they have kept the theme even accross the playfield, translite and cabinet art, so it does all look uniform for sure.
I prefer a much more modern look to compete against the massively modern look of Stern and JJP, but maybe the retro look might make it stand out, and that style has been missing from new machines for some time. Cant wait to see one.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:12:37 PM by swinks »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Refreshing to see "real" artwork and not cheap photoshop art. Ramps remind me of the Bally "Radical" pinball. They initially appear to dominate the playfield, but after playing the game, they fit in really well. A promising start.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Yes, Nino I agree, I love the ramps on this pinball alot as well. they look excellent. Very nice indeed.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:13:22 PM by swinks »

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
here is a top view of the playfield, looking good.

Prices will be released any day now.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
 $#$ so excited for this company and hope they take off globally and bring something new to the table.
Great read SWINKS, lets hope this company might do a SURFING pinny?  &&
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Looking forward to seeing more on this machine, It has my interest more than anything else out there at the moment.

I love the look of the playfield but the sideart and translite look a bit too simple for me. Not looking for photoshop or anything, just would have liked it to be a bit more detailed.

I do have a question though, where the ramp joins is that going to have a diverter to send it to either side of the playfield? Would love it if it did, or even better a player contolled diverter so you could choose where you want the ball to go for the best chance of lining up your next shot. Like the diverters in the Shadow.

I am guessing it does not, but it would be a great think if it did.  &&