Author Topic: P3 Pinball - pre-orders being taken for Lexy Lightspeed  (Read 53986 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
This still looks interesting for sure.

BUT, the pre-order, put money down before delivery concept, was MURDERED by JJP with its machines being so so very late.

I want to see one in person, should be a mix of Pin2000 and normal pin plus 10 other things.
Is the pinball world ready for this, or is it ahead of its time > ???

need to see a polished finished item with better side-art.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
...need to see a polished finished item with better side-art.
The side art will be interchangeable and customizable.

Here is a new teaser video of the latest P3 prototype running the game Lexy Lightspeed:

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
interesting style game and like it leads you through a interactive story….

not a fan of the cabinet leg set up and still not sure on the looks of the sling and flipper mechs - hard one as the monitor is underneath, though overall a clever setup overall.

thanks for sharing
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
Here's a gameplay video:

It came with the following message from Gerry:

Hi all,

I'm extremely excited to present a couple of videos that highlight the progress of the P3 as we continue on our journey to deliver an evolved pinball platform.

There's a lot of activity in the pinball industry right now, much of it stemming from our efforts with the P-ROC control system and the pyprocgame open-source pinball development framework.  What's notable about the activity is that all of the new pinball startups, except us, are building traditional style machines (single-themed games on traditional platforms). 

We believe that building traditional style machines that sell based on the popularity of the chosen theme is a good thing, but it isn't going to help pinball survive, much less thrive, in the long run.  What pinball needs is a machine that addresses the price-per-game problem, the floorspace issue, and the extreme lack of innovation seen in the industry over the last 30 years.

That's where the P3 comes in.  Lexy Lightspeed - Galaxy Girl is the first game being developed for the P3.  The platform is evolved, and the game is too.  See for yourself:

[link to 2 videos above]

The game continues to improve daily as we bring it closer to production and as we prepare to show it off at the Texas Pinball Festival later this week.  In fact, these videos are already a bit dated, and they were recorded less than two weeks ago.  In other words, there's a lot more excitement to come.  Stay tuned and look for more frequent video updates!  We've come a very long way in a surprisingly short amount of time, and there's still an unbelievable amount of work remaining to be done.

Thank you for all of your encouraging emails and continued support.  We couldn't do this without you, and your words of encouragement always help to fuel our fire. 

If your schedules permit, please come to TPF (http://www.texaspinball.com) and see the machine in person!  I always enjoy the opportunity to talk to you all about pinball and how we're taking it to the next level.

Sincerely,

Gerry Stellenberg

http://www.multimorphic.com

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:

Cavey, here you go:

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW

Cavey, here you go:

great idea especially for the home owner but could be a issue for a sited machine - there would be lots of black cabinets

makes me curious on the cabinet construction, do you know if it is ply with a thin sheet of metal or timber frame with metal panels ????

for pinball t-shirts

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
great idea especially for the home owner but could be a issue for a sited machine - there would be lots of black cabinets

makes me curious on the cabinet construction, do you know if it is ply with a thin sheet of metal or timber frame with metal panels ????

Cabinet has a metal frame, not sure about the inside sections but there must be metal there as well, I'll find out.

I believe they have an alternative set up for sited machines (or was that Heighway pinball?), I'll ask about that as well.

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
Ok, yep, entire cabinet is metal, frame and panels.

Offline Nelly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Aurora, IL United States
    • Buffy Pinball

Gerry has said that there will be a "Kit" available that will stop prying fingers from being able to remove the art on location.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
cool, I give him credit, alot of fresh new ideas

for pinball t-shirts

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
The coolest thing about this platform is that they are going to allow ANYONE to develop and make their own games for the system which means there will be a lot more games coming out on the P3 in the future.

Basically it is like a gaming console for pinball...

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
This machine is way ahead of its time. Very smart everything.
Is there enough pinball shots on it....
Its a game that just has to be played in order to really get the feel for it.

I take my hat off to the guys who have stuck to their dreams on this machine, Passion and dedication are two words that come to mind for sure.
Hope it does well in Texas.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
Just thought I'd update the thread with some more videos, this system is really coming along:

Teaser video:

Video from Expo (P3 starts at 34:35):

Overhead video:

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
very cool, thanks for sharing.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
Thought I'd let everyone know that Multimorphic has changed it's pre-order model and there are only a couple of days left to sign up. See the post from Gerry Stellenberg below. I have signed up to show my support for the concept, although I most likely won't be able to follow through with the cash when the time comes.

Just announced: P3 pre-orders are now NO money down, risk, and no obligation. Please support our efforts to deliver an incredible, progressive pinball platform and help move the industry forward.

While we've been able to operate our company up to this point on the backs of our founder, staff, angels, and early supporters, the pre-production phase requires us to pay 3rd party vendors to build parts, assemblies, and machines and to implement rigorous test processes (assemblies, machines, UL, CE, etc). Therefore, the pre-production phase requires us to raise additional capital. As exciting as the P3 is to all of us, and as passionate as we all our about its potential to move the industry forward, investors need more convincing before they'll take the plunge (literally and figuratively). It's the same catch-22 that all paradigm-changing products/companies encounter. We need money to realize our vision and build a customer base, but we need to realize our vision and build a customer base in order to raise money. Here's our solution:

We are now offering a No Money Down, No Risk, No Obligation Pre-order, and we're asking all of you who are interested in supporting our efforts to sign up now and reserve your P3. A strong showing of support from potential customers will fuel our pre-production fundraising process and help convince investors that there's a large group of folks excited to see the P3 reach production. Here's how it works:

- Fill out and return the pre-order form at: http://www.multimorphic.com/index.php/p3-pinball-platform/pre-orders#. This will reserve your place in the production queue with absolutely no money down and no obligations.

- When we wrap up the pre-production process and start procuring parts and preparing for full production, we'll ask you to send in payment for your machine. We believe you'll all be blown away by our production machine, but if you're not and want to drop out, simply don't pay us at that time and your order will be automatically cancelled.

In addition to fully deferred payments, we're offering additional incentives to entice people to sign up. Every few weeks, we'll offer new incentives, and everybody who's already submitted a signed pre-order form will participate in all incentives announced between their pre-order date and production. That means if you pre-order today (with no money down, no risk, no obligation), you'll receive every incentive we offer up until we enter production.

Here are the first few incentives. If you submit a signed pre-order form to us by 12/31/2014, you'll receive the following:

1) A P3 t-shirt (sent with your machine)

2) A custom-engraved plaque with a name of your choice (sent with your machine, message/name details TBD, first 250 machines only)

3) A $250 discount on the final purchase price above and beyond any other discounts applied to your machine (first 500 machines only)

4) A $100 discount/rebate on your machine for EACH pre-order referral you make that results in a pre-ordered machine eventually being paid in full. For example, if 10 people identify you in the "referred by" section of the pre-order form AND they wind up paying and taking delivery of their P3, you'll get 10 * $100 = $1000 in discounts/rebates. If your accumulated discounts exceed the cost of your machine, they can be used for purchases of future Multimorphic products.

Obviously we know that a large number of folks will choose to drop out when it comes time to pay for their machine. At the same time, we're convinced that people will fall in love with the production P3 and LL-GG when they see it; so we're confident that the our production plans based on risk-free pre-orders won't be negatively affected by cancellations.

- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com