Author Topic: Relocating a pin on its back?  (Read 3321 times)

Offline Discodan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Relocating a pin on its back?
« on: November 02, 2012, 01:36:21 PM »
Hi All

This weekend I'm going to move the new toy (TAF) from it's temporary location in the middle of the lounge room. Personally I don't see the issue but my wife does not agree. To get it into the destination room I will need to take the legs off and move it on its back with the headbox folded down (and secured of course).

Is there anything I need to do or worry about when I put it on its back? I'm guessing taking the balls out would be a bare minimum but is there anything else? I figure I can't be too bad as that's how they are packaged from the factory.

Newby question I know but how do you take the balls out of a machine?

thanks in advance for your help
d

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Relocating a pin on its back?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 01:51:43 PM »
removal balls via a telescopic magnet thingy, or go to test mode and choose solenoid test and have the balls pop out or it may have an empty balls option or activate the ball ejector/kicker manually with your fingers

or just shake the machine vigoriously upside down until they fall out  %.% sorry I couldn't help myself

as far as anything else to do with the game, I think you should be ok moving, just secure the head and maybe remove the backgkass
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 02:51:03 PM »
removal balls via a telescopic magnet thingy, or go to test mode and choose solenoid test and have the balls pop out or it may have an empty balls option or activate the ball ejector/kicker manually with your fingers

or just shake the machine vigoriously upside down until they fall out  %.% sorry I couldn't help myself

as far as anything else to do with the game, I think you should be ok moving, just secure the head and maybe remove the backgkass

I have to move mine this way occasionally. As above - castrate machine & firmly tie backbox to cabinet.
I knocked up a 2ft square dolly from 6 ply and 4 small castors (load rate 35 Kg each) this is almost essential to negotiate tight passageways & save your back(s)

PP
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:47:35 PM by Pinprick »
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline Discodan

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 03:37:24 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation, I scrounged 6 castors last week to do exactly that so I'll knock it up on the weekend

cheers
d

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 06:02:14 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation, I scrounged 6 castors last week to do exactly that so I'll knock it up on the weekend

cheers
d

If you have enough room, you can use a sack truck