Author Topic: Nucore Pricing (USD)  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
Nucore Pricing (USD)
« on: March 11, 2009, 03:13:05 PM »
This is the pricing for the Nucore system.

Nucore System
(which includes)
The Nucore Software
The USB module/IO board
USB Cable
Installation instructions (on the CD)
90 Day hardware warranty
Price: $400
Available from: Pinball Life

The additional items required or optional to make Nucore function

Computer system
Ubuntu Linux 8.04 LTS (free online)
(minimum specifications)
AMD X2 5000+ processor
2GB system ram
Minimum 10GB of storage (hard drive/SSD)
Motherboard with integrated audio
CD ROM Drive (only required for installation)
ATI or Nvidia (ATI preferred) graphics adapter (on-board or Ultimarc VGA)
Estimated Street Price: ~$200-220
Available from: Online Retailers

Audio Amplifier
A replacement audio amp that will work with the existing pin2000 speakers and even includes the correct connectors
A plug-and-play solution
Price: $99

Ultimarc Arcade VGA Graphics adapater
This is the preferred adapter that will allow you to connect Nucore to an original pin2000 monitor
This will not be required if you choose to install a LCD monitor. If you plan to use a LCD you will buy a motherboard with built-in video.
Price:$97

Integration Fee (optional)
This is a fee for building and testing a complete system. You will receive everything ready-to-go and you will just have to load the ROM (simple process.)
This is for people who don't want to hassle with building/configuring their own system.
Price:$150

Case (or mounting bracket)
This is being finalized and we have no pricing at this time. You can choose a standard (edit - corrected spelling) computer case and mount it any way you like. More on this later.

We have made everything optional to allow people to pick and choose what best suits their needs. The items that are available from Pinball Life will be part of a pre-order that will be available shortly. We will update you when it's online.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Nucore Pricing (USD)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 05:37:40 PM »
Hey Chuck, looks like great pricing -  means $615.00 AUD. Still, not expensive when you consider that dead hardware would otherwise make the game worthless save for parts.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 05:42:02 PM by pinnies4me »
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 06:40:36 PM »
$400 sounds affordable - a very reasonable price point. Now all those Pin2K owners in Australia need to hope the Aussie dollar goes back up again against the greenback.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 06:54:09 PM »

Very affordable - even with the exchange rate.

Give me a couple of years, Chuck - I need to get a few things done before buying a P2K.. Unless.. Wizard Blocks is done !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline PinWiz

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 03:45:40 AM »
The price is very reasonable. I just want to know one thing: with the $400 kit do you get the ability to write your own game code for it? That might be down the road for you but just wondering as I know part of your plan was to further develop P2K.

Offline Chuck

• Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 04:43:59 AM »
The price is very reasonable. I just want to know one thing: with the $400 kit do you get the ability to write your own game code for it? That might be down the road for you but just wondering as I know part of your plan was to further develop P2K.

At this point in time, no.  There is no development kit with the Nucore first release.

Offline PinWiz

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 01:56:47 AM »

At this point in time, no.  There is no development kit with the Nucore first release.

That's cool. With what you guys have done you really need to take a break to relax a little and sleep.