Author Topic: AC/DC Owners ! FREE Mod - to do via set up - very easy n cool features ! STERNS  (Read 6362 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
This is for all AC/DC owners - Free Mod u can do via your machines software which is really cool for home use as well ! I did it, its great !
Most later model Sterns are incl i would suggest ...

WHY ?  because u get some really cool DMD graphics that are always showing on your dot matrix display (which u only see if u set up a Tournament) and cool things like PRIZE POOL - $1250     30 DAYS TIL END OF TOURNAMENT and it counts down daily) - (I set mine to $1250 prize pool and 30 days etc)
Go into your Menu and set up a TOURNAMENT for home usage. (now, yellow Tournament button on front of cabinet will always flash as well)
Make sure you press that yellow Tournament button every time u start a game to include ya score in the real home Tournament !

DIRECTIONS FOR EASY SET UP !** First, you still set the game to FREE PLAY as usual first, then go into TOURNAMENT SETTINGS, and pretend u are running a home Tournament...

Then, everytime someone plays a game, they get to list their initials/10 letter name etc, and it asks you to set a pin number (just do 4 digits) after u get high scores, just for ID purposes later)

You get to see really cool stuff on the DMD display regularly which is already programmed like

First Place - Lonnie Ropp (all Stern employees)
2nd Place - Lyman Sheats
3rd Place - Patrick Powers
4th Place - George Gomez etc.

To set up a fun home tournament (just to get extra cool dmd graphics showing regularly) and then the Tournament really runs for the fun of it >

Go to main menu setting on first service screen, go accross to TOURN (crown symbol) and choose that,
then press enter to chose START which will be far left icon, then once inside press STD which it will be on already, then make your tournament say 30 days, then toggle to $money and make it say $1250 by holding button down when on it for say 30 seconds to make it climb $$quickly, then make the increment under it say $2.50, then press SELECT on coin door button...tournament started !

iF u want to change anything, when u go back into the TOURN (crown symbol) which is on the first main service menu page that comes up when u first open the coin door and hit the main menu button etc, by pressing and going back in to the TOURN (CROWN SYMBOL) and hitting enter, this time u will see that the far left TOURN icon will say STOP TOURN by default (cause the tournament was started by you before)...if u chose to go into it, it auto cancels the TOURNAMENT...just reset up the Tournament again..its very easy.....

Have a go and see the new Dot Matrix displays...and away you go...more fun stuff to look at and be a part of !

Enjoy ! AND LET ME KNOW HOW U GO IF U ARE A ACDC OWNER/ANY STERN OWNER WHO DOES IT !
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:26:25 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
I am still waiting for my new tournament switch to come from amd.mine was damaged in transit.thanks for reminding me i will have to contact them again. ^^^
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
I am still waiting for my new tournament switch to come from amd.mine was damaged in transit.thanks for reminding me i will have to contact them again. ^^^

Hi mate...hope u r well..havent seen ya much of late...in the meantime, set the tournament up anyway.....people playing ya game might think they can win $$$....tell them its for real and watch everyone play like a world champ.lol  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
yeah brett,i have been unwell.have not played the ac/dc much.in fact i haven't played any pin for months.Hope i get my MOJO together soon.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
BUMP

Anyone had a go at setting this up previously on their AC/DC or new STERN ?  !@#

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
UPDATE

Had half a dozen or more people PM me and they have set up the TOURNAMENT for their AC/DC or STERN machine at home, and have asked a few questions too...

The few questions asked most have been how much to set up the money increment bit, ...default is 50 cents, I just changed mine to $2.50 to make the winnings alot more $$ (even though its just for fun) and people have asked about the Bump n Win title meaning, and what it means.......
It just means u bump the highest persons score off the machine, and you are the winner, unless your score gets beaten...or bumped as well...

The next question is, that do you have to hit the yellow tournament button to get that games score involved in the TOURNAMENT and the answer is YES...
Otherwise its all fun, some new great graphics before n during the game, and worth setting up TOURNAMENT for sure....scoring during a TOURNAMENT game is also slightly different, n some graphics are different during the game too I have noticed.....will learn more as I play more with the Tournament turned on.   Give it a go, any questions, just ask or contact AMD or even see your usual manual.

Enjoy !

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
the "comp" machines were set up with this "bump n win". Extra ball pays points/score instead of a ball
and only the High score holders name can be seen

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
So - if U set this up - the following can happen ?

* If you start a game with the YELLOW button then the above all takes place

* If you start a game with the NORMAL start button , then the game plays like you have set it up for your own choice ( as in the game retains your EB selection settings and any other menu changes you have made etc

In other words you have the CHOICE of playing wither way WITHOUT losing your personak setting sin 'normal mode'

Yes  !@#
DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
1. the answer is that if u press the normal start button, it is not included in the tournament, u keep std settings,doesnt enter or play like a tournament.
but u can still play a tournament anytime u want by pressing the yellow button. I now play all games using the yellow button.

2. if u press the tournament button you enter the tournament and get to leave your 10 digit name in the high score section (if u have set it to 10 digits instead of 3 digits)
also, as u enter the high score name, after u enter the high score name, it will ask u for a 4 digit code. The 4 digit code is if someone claimed they were say wotto7 instead of you, then a operator would say whats your 4 digit pin. i just enter my lucky number 7777

3. where the tournament works well in a home environment, is if u had 10 mates over for a night, u get to see who is rated 1st to 4th on the dotmatrix, and it tells u whether u have got a good enouigh score or not to register. u get points sometimes instead of extra balls, and slightly different scoring. I did it originally for the cool dot matrix graphics, but liked it because you could easily run a quick comp for a night or a month at home.

have fun with it after u set it up, its really easy to do. if anyone needs any help, just PM etc.  ^^^
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 10:21:46 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
So - if U set this up - the following can happen ?

* If you start a game with the YELLOW button then the above all takes place

* If you start a game with the NORMAL start button , then the game plays like you have set it up for your own choice ( as in the game retains your EB selection settings and any other menu changes you have made etc

In other words you have the CHOICE of playing wither way WITHOUT losing your personak setting sin 'normal mode'

Yes  !@#

Correct. Normal play as is and you can switch from normal to tournament any time by pressing the green or yellow button to start.
In Tournament Mode only the points for the highest score show up. Second, third and fourth place only shows the persons name without a score. The game gives you a bump and win score which you need to beat to qualfy for a place. At the end of tournament, first place gets 50% and the other 3 get an equal share of remainder.
I also noticed that tournament is only 3 balls and you do not get extra ball (even after winning extra ball).
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
jees.i an lucky if i have clocked up 20 games on my ac/dc.mildflame about 60.in nearly a year.
brett,it sounds to complicated for me,but mildflame may try this,thanks.ps remineded me that amd did not send me the new tornament switch that was broken on arrival.i will get onto michael,or not.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
?? I will have to check the 3 ball vs 5 ball thing since i added the latest code. I play 3 ball games anyway, but i will change the game to 5 balls n see if the tournament game is only 3.   It does sound correct but.

Tournament, its soo easy to set up in settings, it takes 2 mins and is very easy to do. Even i can do it.lol  Anyone can do it easily.
Operator proof, put it that way.  %$%

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
My standard game is set to 5 ball. The tournament still only comes up with 3 ball. I read somewhere where the guy said:
"We are using the Stern Tournament option for 3 ball play-so no EB's allowed, specials count as points."
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
jees.i an lucky if i have clocked up 20 games on my ac/dc.mildflame about 60.in nearly a year.
brett,it sounds to complicated for me,but mildflame may try this,thanks.ps remineded me that amd did not send me the new tornament switch that was broken on arrival.i will get onto michael,or not.

80 games??? Geez I need a life I'm over 3k I'd say lol

Peter